News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

No, it's not

Started by trdsf, September 18, 2017, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 01, 2017, 01:41:38 PM
If it happens (nuke from NorK or killing pensions) you won't find it nothing ;-(  Municipal pensions are nearing self destruction (see Dallas) in shades of Detroit past.  How much longer until Federal pensions and SS are nuked?  Stupid rabbit, tricks are for politicians working for plutocracy.

Related Nukes to pensions is meaningless.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2017, 03:04:21 AM
Related Nukes to pensions is meaningless.

Without a government pension, you will have to go on Obamacare ... bwahah!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 04, 2017, 07:10:53 AM
Without a government pension, you will have to go on Obamacare ... bwahah!

Wrong as usual.  Most people have employee-associated health insurance.  You promote a right wing canard...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2017, 07:18:57 AM
Wrong as usual.  Most people have employee-associated health insurance.  You promote a right wing canard...

You are a spoiled GS tool ... not that there is anything wrong with that.  Some of my best friends are spoiled GS tools.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 04, 2017, 07:23:11 AM
You are a spoiled GS tool ... not that there is anything wrong with that.  Some of my best friends are spoiled GS tools.

According to Wikipedia, "During 2016, the U.S. population overall was approximately 325 million, with 53 million persons 65 years of age and over covered by the federal Medicare program. The 272 million non-institutional persons under age 65 either obtained their coverage from employer-based (155 million) or non-employer based (90 million) sources, or were uninsured (27 million).[1] Approximately 15 million military personnel received coverage through the Veteran's Administration."

So, of 325 million people, 260 million were covered by insurance not of the ACA act.  The ACA is only about those not otherwise covered.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2017, 07:33:33 AM
According to Wikipedia, "During 2016, the U.S. population overall was approximately 325 million, with 53 million persons 65 years of age and over covered by the federal Medicare program. The 272 million non-institutional persons under age 65 either obtained their coverage from employer-based (155 million) or non-employer based (90 million) sources, or were uninsured (27 million).[1] Approximately 15 million military personnel received coverage through the Veteran's Administration."

So, of 325 million people, 260 million were covered by insurance not of the ACA act.  The ACA is only about those not otherwise covered.

All your medical plans, and pensions are bankrupt.  That will be the next shoe to fall.  All of the US is Detroit, it just hasn't had the curtain pulled back to reveal the awful truth yet.  Ape people make lousy sentients.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 04, 2017, 01:01:54 PM
All your medical plans, and pensions are bankrupt.  That will be the next shoe to fall.  All of the US is Detroit, it just hasn't had the curtain pulled back to reveal the awful truth yet.  Ape people make lousy sentients.

We are a bit more resilient than that.  We make things work.  And you HATE that, don't you?  It really annoys you that we keep bumbling along and getting through problems.  Like it was wrong of us to leave the Empire.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2017, 01:05:35 PM
We are a bit more resilient than that.  We make things work.  And you HATE that, don't you?  It really annoys you that we keep bumbling along and getting through problems.  Like it was wrong of us to leave the Empire.

All empires are evil, and all imperialists think that they are omnipotent and omniscient.  It ain't so.  Each nation is an interesting variation on human failure.  But life goes on anyway, because boy meets girl ... I think that individual people matter, their temporary living arrangements are less important.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 04, 2017, 01:11:06 PM
All empires are evil, and all imperialists think that they are omnipotent and omniscient.  It ain't so.  Each nation is an interesting variation on human failure.  But life goes on anyway, because boy meets girl ... I think that individual people matter, their temporary living arrangements are less important.

Good, since we are lousy at empire-maintenance. We are more the world's 7-11.  Ok, maybe Walmart.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2017, 01:15:31 PM
Good, since we are lousy at empire-maintenance. We are more the world's 7-11.  Ok, maybe Walmart.

Definitely Walmart ;-)  At least a 7-11 was convenient.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 04, 2017, 01:30:47 PM
Definitely Walmart ;-)  At least a 7-11 was convenient.

It is hard to beat a 24/7 Walmart.  I'm surprised Walmart hasn't bought 7-11 though.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2017, 01:57:17 PM
It is hard to beat a 24/7 Walmart.  I'm surprised Walmart hasn't bought 7-11 though.

Hard for a bankrupt organization to buy a going concern, but given white-collar crime, it can be done.  i prefer smaller stores, Walmart either has too much or too little.  Think Goldilocks ... 7-11 is just right ;-)  Of course they got a lot of competition from convenience stores attached to gas stations.  Those seem to have to little, and give me gas ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 04, 2017, 08:16:23 PM
Hard for a bankrupt organization to buy a going concern, but given white-collar crime, it can be done.  i prefer smaller stores, Walmart either has too much or too little.  Think Goldilocks ... 7-11 is just right ;-)  Of course they got a lot of competition from convenience stores attached to gas stations.  Those seem to have to little, and give me gas ;-))

A 7-11 store cannot have the selection of a Walmart.  I bought a 24" Samsung HDTV  at Walmart (for the week my 60" one is waiting for repair) for $138.  To test where the problem was and show the repairman..  And I'll return it after, and they won't complain, LOL!

Try that at 7-11.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 08, 2017, 03:08:07 AM
A 7-11 store cannot have the selection of a Walmart.  I bought a 24" Samsung HDTV  at Walmart (for the week my 60" one is waiting for repair) for $138.  To test where the problem was and show the repairman..  And I'll return it after, and they won't complain, LOL!

Try that at 7-11.

At Neiman-Marcus you could buy his-her helicopters.  Try that at Walmart.  So Neiman-Marcus should be the only store on Earth!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 08, 2017, 05:24:14 PM
At Neiman-Marcus you could buy his-her helicopters.  Try that at Walmart.  So Neiman-Marcus should be the only store on Earth!

Not if they don't stock cat litter tubs 35# for $12.88