Woman gives birth to a boy, after George Michael paid for her IVF in secret

Started by Munch, September 17, 2017, 07:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Just something nice to read about

https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/woman-given-secret-9000-ivf-donation-by-george-michael-gives-birth/

QuoteA woman who was handed £9,000 for IVF treatment by George Micheal before he died, has given birth to a baby boy.

George donated money to Lynette Gillard after he saw her appear on TV gameshow, Deal Or No Deal, in a bid to raise money for her fertility treatment.

Lynette only learned of her donor’s identity after the singer’s death on Christmas Day last year.

"I found out I was pregnant on the day he died.

The first time I held my ­little boy I said thank you to George. His hit Jesus to a Child was playing and it felt surreal.

I hope he’s looking down smiling, knowing I have what I’ve always longed for.
"

Having only managed to take home £3,000, Lynette said she received a phone call the following day to say an anonymous donor wanted to give £9,000 towards the treatment.

It was only after his death, Lynette found out the donor was George Michael - and in a fitting tribute, the new mum has named her son Seth Logan George Hart.

It wasn't the first time the music legend  donated money towards IVF treatment.

In 2010, Jo Maidment appeared on ITV's This Morning after she was 'denied fertility treatment on the NHS', but she later received a phone call revealing a mysterious 'businessman' wanted to help fund her treatment.

In January this year, with permission from Michael's family, Jo revealed it was George Michael who'd funded the round of IVF which ld to her giving birth to a baby girl, Betsy.

Legend.

aww, nice one George :*)
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hijiri Byakuren

I get irrationally angry about the existence of IVF. So many kids to adopt... but no, let's pay thousands of dollars to make a new one instead!
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Munch

I more think of it, that their are people in the world who have children who really shouldn't do, who are bad parents or only in it for all the wrong reasons, so it makes the child a shitty adult when they grow up. People who struggle to have children are people who genuinely want them, fight to have them, and really treasure their kids when having them, like my own mother did, who's first two children died, and went in great lengths to have normal, healthy children.

I can appreciate people who genuinely want to be good parents and raise the kids right, I don't appreciate people having children when they can give nothing to them, not even a decent upbringing, and expect that to be enough somehow.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin