Genetically modified .... humans

Started by Coveny, September 15, 2017, 06:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fencerider

the dodarts like Trump would fill their diapers if they understood choosing to be gay or lesbian is protected by the first ammendment freedom of religion.

In 100 years the monsters of Greek mythology will be living in the zoo. Genetic science is farther along than people want to know. It wouldn't surprise me if they start giving the option to change the color of the skin or eyes of a test tube baby in the next 3-5 years. Maybe 10-15 years before an adult can change their skin color.

The electoral college doesn't work because it was sabbotaged. In the beginning every elector was supposed to choose their own vote. None of this B.S. requirement to vote for the winner of the state. We dont even have dividing the votes by percentage among the candidates.

I been opposed to the whole concept of the electoral college since the first time I heard about it in H.S.. I cant imagine what good old George and uncle Tom were thinking when they made the electoral college. I like to think that most of the rest of the Constitution was finished and they went on a bender when they wrote this part; celebrating a bit early
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Gawdzilla Sama

George and Tom didn't trust the great unwashed to make intelligent decisions about who should run the country. They had good reason, I think. A bunch of malcontents had talked most of the country into rebelling against a government that was really pretty slack.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Sal1981

Removing hereditary diseases seems sensible, at least. Can't really comment on the other stuff.

Sendt fra min SM-G920F med Tapatalk

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on September 26, 2017, 03:59:26 PM
Removing hereditary diseases seems sensible, at least. Can't really comment on the other stuff.

Sendt fra min SM-G920F med Tapatalk

Misogynists consider the X chromosome to be an inheritable disease ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on September 24, 2017, 03:51:31 PM
The Electoral College can really only serve to overturn the decision of the people.  We don't notice when it validates the popular vote, of course -- and that's what it usually does.

In fact, the four times the Electoral College has overturned the popular vote since the Democrats and Republicans became the two dominant parties, every single time it has selected a Republican over a majority or plurality-winning Democrat:

Yes, I know, the Democrats and Republicans of the late 1800s aren't the same as the parties today, but it does seem to suggest something structural.  I think the data is in, it needs to go.

Great chart!  I have saved it to examine in detail later.  It is hard to read sideways, so I want to print it out on legal size paper and look at it that way. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!