Genetically modified .... humans

Started by Coveny, September 15, 2017, 06:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coveny

I just saw this video about fetuses in a pod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgmdF9l7K9o

Sorta on topic methinks.
http://fordebating.com is now in beta.

We have 1v1 and 2v2 debates 2-6 round debates others vote on and will have up to 16-man tourneys working soon.

Hydra009

Quote from: Coveny on September 18, 2017, 06:07:15 PM
I just saw this video about fetuses in a pod.
Now all we have to do is build a rocket around it, put a baby in it, and fire it at an alien world.

Baruch

Just a male conspiracy to make women unnecessary.  The feminist equivalent, artificial sperm, is much closer to actual existence ... oh Aldous Huxley.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 18, 2017, 03:33:54 PM
Okay, we're done here.

Aitm is laconic ... so this is Atheist Sparta!  Prepared to be kicked down a deep we ... ell ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 18, 2017, 03:33:54 PM
Okay, we're done here.

well, you seem to be suggesting that, in general, uneducated people, across the board, make the same money as those of higher education. I would tend to think that a citation would not be needed...unless one was truly uneducated, which if that is true, then indeed, we are done here.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cavebear

Quote from: aitm on September 18, 2017, 09:45:41 PM
well, you seem to be suggesting that, in general, uneducated people, across the board, make the same money as those of higher education. I would tend to think that a citation would not be needed...unless one was truly uneducated, which if that is true, then indeed, we are done here.

I read about an artificial womb for deliberately preemie lambs.  It worked.  Can you guess what comes next?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Fucking strawman argument.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

pr126

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on September 19, 2017, 12:10:39 PM
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

Well, it could be any future.  I have 60 shelf feet of double stacked sci fi books mostly about possible futures (spare me the Flash Gordon shoot them up garbage).  I like scientific speculation of social extensions on current society.

Yeah some is garbage but most deal with current problems extended into the future to the logical utopian or dysutopian limits.

pr126

Favorite SyFy author? Mine is Arthur C Clarke.

Unbeliever

I like Orson Scott Card - even if he is a Mormon. I don't know that he's my favorite, though. I'd have to think more about that. I do like his characters and the moral quandaries they must navigate.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 19, 2017, 10:56:39 AM
Cheap mutton?

Go to an Aztec religious festival.  Find you are the main course ;-(  Oh yes, that is just prejudice.  Perfectly all right to cut the living heart out of a captive, and add part of him to the chili con carne.  And yes, there is proof that occasional cannibalism was the norm.  It was also for Japanese officers in WW II.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

But averages, aren't the same as specific results.  There are poor PhDs and wealthy HS grads.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.