News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

American Stupidity

Started by Baruch, September 15, 2017, 06:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on September 16, 2017, 09:15:00 AM
Yes, truth ... per society.  So it was true, in Nazi Germany that Jews were enemies.  It was true in Jim Crow South that Blacks were lazy?  Really.
Comeon, Baruch.  You are talking stereotypes, not truths.  For societies the truths are not labeled as such, but usually called laws or mores.  But you know that.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 16, 2017, 09:00:49 AMAt times, you are simply tedious.

He does seem to start a lot of threads where instead of using his intellect to "enjoin us" prefers to devolve into petty jokes that dismiss his own thread. Tis unfortunate because though we "think" he has great intellect he prefers to defer to "candy is dandy"
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Quote from: aitm on September 16, 2017, 09:56:10 PM
He does seem to start a lot of threads where instead of using his intellect to "enjoin us" prefers to devolve into petty jokes that dismiss his own thread. Tis unfortunate because though we "think" he has great intellect he prefers to defer to "candy is dandy"
Yes, I agree, that does seem to be the case.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 16, 2017, 10:10:44 PM
Yes, I agree, that does seem to be the case.

I don't start many strings.  If I start my own (rather than, here is some candy) ... I get crickets.  Why bother?  And if you want posturing, read Cavebear ... more intelligible than Ibn, but just barely ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: aitm on September 16, 2017, 09:56:10 PM
Even though he knows good and well that liquor is quicker.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 17, 2017, 02:28:53 PM
Even though he knows good and well that liquor is quicker.

Exactly.  I had a order of pot sticker and a glass of white zinfandel, in the Irish pub across form the theater last night, before attending the show.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on September 17, 2017, 07:56:48 AM
I don't start many strings.  If I start my own (rather than, here is some candy) ... I get crickets.  Why bother? 

The point my friend, is you are obviously intelligent and I, and others , enjoy your thoughts, but when we engage you tend to quickly dismiss with humor any discussion. I, for one, willingly admit I do not have the learning that you do and many times would like to hear you out, but you squash your own threads too early, and I might add, you also tend to squash other threads a mite earlier than they should be. What say we all work on that? Give us a little less skittle and a little more cream eh? I think we would all enjoy that.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 17, 2017, 07:56:48 AM
I don't start many strings.  If I start my own (rather than, here is some candy) ... I get crickets.  Why bother?  And if you want posturing, read Cavebear ... more intelligible than Ibn, but just barely ;-)

I'm pleased you consider me more intelligent than Ibn.  I am surprised though.  I don't generally post long rambling theistic nonsense, usually give reasons for my posts, and stick mostly to facts.

I invite you to give examples of  my "posturing".  Go for it, I'm eagerly waiting to see what you come up with.

If you can.  And if you can't, an apology would be nice. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 19, 2017, 03:02:26 AM
I'm pleased you consider me more intelligent than Ibn.  I am surprised though.  I don't generally post long rambling theistic nonsense, usually give reasons for my posts, and stick mostly to facts.

I invite you to give examples of  my "posturing".  Go for it, I'm eagerly waiting to see what you come up with.

If you can.  And if you can't, an apology would be nice.

First you state something that is true, then you try to connect it to the claim, as if it disproves it.  Very much like Drew ;-)

Your posturing is primarily your egotism.  But I can't blame you, I have an ego too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 19, 2017, 10:23:40 PM
First you state something that is true, then you try to connect it to the claim, as if it disproves it.  Very much like Drew ;-)

Your posturing is primarily your egotism.  But I can't blame you, I have an ego too.

I didn't see an example of my "posturing" in your post.  Put up or shut up...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!