News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I have returned from a decade-long absence!

Started by davoarid, September 14, 2017, 12:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

We don't disagree, because Dr Diamond happens to be right.  He is also right, that if humanity locally or globally degrades their living environment sufficiently, then they either migrate or don't survive.  Migrating to Mars to trash it, isn't a viable option.

Yes, I don't agree with Molyneux on the issue of IQ, or on other issues.  But just mentioning him, as an indirect criticism of Diamond ... was just ad hominem on your part.  You are a partisan/bigot like all the other ape men.  And yes, Ostler isn't biased either, he simply describes what happened.  His speculation on the future of language, or if English will survive competition with Chinese or Hindi ... is of course only speculation.  Don't judge him on that.

One reason I mentioned the UN development agenda, is that it has had time to work 50 years, and has failed.  The old idea was that colonialism held Nigeria back from becoming a super-power.  The new idea was that the Cold War held Nigeria back from becoming a super-power.  There are more serious problems biogeography wise and climate wise with Nigeria ... than just conspiracy theories about the White Overlords.  Not that I am not sympathetic to Nigerians ... but they will always have certain problems if they remain in Nigeria.  Like lack of weaponized rhinos.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 19, 2017, 09:03:57 PM
We don't disagree, because Dr Diamond happens to be right.  He is also right, that if humanity locally or globally degrades their living environment sufficiently, then they either migrate or don't survive.  Migrating to Mars to trash it, isn't a viable option.

Yes, I don't agree with Molyneux on the issue of IQ, or on other issues.  But just mentioning him, as an indirect criticism of Diamond ... was just ad hominem on your part.  You are a partisan/bigot like all the other ape men.  And yes, Ostler isn't biased either, he simply describes what happened.  His speculation on the future of language, or if English will survive competition with Chinese or Hindi ... is of course only speculation.  Don't judge him on that.

One reason I mentioned the UN development agenda, is that it has had time to work 50 years, and has failed.  The old idea was that colonialism held Nigeria back from becoming a super-power.  The new idea was that the Cold War held Nigeria back from becoming a super-power.  There are more serious problems biogeography wise and climate wise with Nigeria ... than just conspiracy theories about the White Overlords.  Not that I am not sympathetic to Nigerians ... but they will always have certain problems if they remain in Nigeria.  Like lack of weaponized rhinos.

Hold on now...  I agree with you about Diamond historically.  I agree we can't trash the planet and move on. 

We agree and disagree about Molyneux.  There are aspects of him that are neo-Nazi and racist.  Saying that is not ad hominem when there is evidence.  Stephan Molyneux thinks average IQ varies from place to place.  When that is applied to ethnicity or race or place, it is generally racist.

I suggest you not confuse lack of educational opportunities for lack of IQ.

The UN is not the greatest governing body.  Few nations will give it power to enforce worldwide rules and it doesn't having steady funding except from the US.  But it has possibilities.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2017, 01:05:41 AM
Hold on now...  I agree with you about Diamond historically.  I agree we can't trash the planet and move on. 

We agree and disagree about Molyneux.  There are aspects of him that are neo-Nazi and racist.  Saying that is not ad hominem when there is evidence.  Stephan Molyneux thinks average IQ varies from place to place.  When that is applied to ethnicity or race or place, it is generally racist.

I suggest you not confuse lack of educational opportunities for lack of IQ.

The UN is not the greatest governing body.  Few nations will give it power to enforce worldwide rules and it doesn't having steady funding except from the US.  But it has possibilities.

We most definitely agree.  I used Molyneux as a counter example, not as an endorsement.  I also understand, same as you, how he is wrong on IQ (Bell Curve was trash).  But the UN still has hope?  Is that you ... Eleanor Roosevelt? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2017, 10:54:27 AM
We most definitely agree.  I used Molyneux as a counter example, not as an endorsement.  I also understand, same as you, how he is wrong on IQ (Bell Curve was trash).  But the UN still has hope?  Is that you ... Eleanor Roosevelt? ;-)

The more I see about how nations collide, the more I wonder about a united world.

It bothers me greatly, knowing the possibilities of dictator (Roman style) , but a united world government might be our only chance at not wiping ourselves out before the Centurians arrive and do.  LOL! 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2017, 11:01:20 AM
The more I see about how nations collide, the more I wonder about a united world.

It bothers me greatly, knowing the possibilities of dictator (Roman style) , but a united world government might be our only chance at not wiping ourselves out before the Centurians arrive and do.  LOL!

I think it is ... Sontaurans ... and they are vulnerable at their little vent hole in the back ... kind of like the stupid Death Star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn3FoeR6wBQ
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2017, 11:14:18 AM
I think it is ... Sontaurans ... and they are vulnerable at their little vent hole in the back ... kind of like the stupid Death Star.

Couldn't even get a rise out of you from the Roman meaning of "dictator" vs the modern?  You MUST be tired...

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2017, 11:14:18 AM

Actually, that "obvious flaw" in the Death Star really wasn't much of a weakness when you think about it. The weak point was a single exhaust port. It's impossible to have such a big station have only one little exhaust port the size of a possum, but if you're willing to suspend disbelief for a sci-fi, it still definitely doesn't qualify as a chink in the armor. Also, exhaust pushes gas OUT. Meaning it would have provided resistance to any missiles entering it, knocking them off course. Instead, that missile miraculously traveled miles to the center of the Death Star to blow it up. If the Resistance didn't have a space wizard on their side, they wouldn't have had a chance in Hell to destroy the Death Star.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 23, 2017, 11:54:10 AM
Actually, that "obvious flaw" in the Death Star really wasn't much of a weakness when you think about it. The weak point was a single exhaust port. It's impossible to have such a big station have only one little exhaust port the size of a possum, but if you're willing to suspend disbelief for a sci-fi, it still definitely doesn't qualify as a chink in the armor. Also, exhaust pushes gas OUT. Meaning it would have provided resistance to any missiles entering it, knocking them off course. Instead, that missile miraculously traveled miles to the center of the Death Star to blow it up. If the Resistance didn't have a space wizard on their side, they wouldn't have had a chance in Hell to destroy the Death Star.

The biggest diamond has a tapping point that will shatter it, a ming vase can be broken with a marble, and (in one sci-fi novel) the baddest tank can be destroyed by a trained dog with a grenade.  Nothing is perfect.  I feel sorry for the dog, though.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 23, 2017, 11:54:10 AM

Family Guy spoof on Death Star design flaw ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nTk_lJqiIQ

We aerospace engineers are paid to avoid these little design flaws!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

I was here back then, and I'm afraid the archives have been lost to time.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on September 23, 2017, 03:43:43 PM
I was here back then, and I'm afraid the archives have been lost to time.

Same thing happened to the records of the 13th century, including Dante, in the original Rollerball movie.  Very plausible, since almost every major computer system on the planet is either hacked, broken or both.  See, if civilization was like software, the first woodpecker who came along would destroy the planet.  We are moving everything to software ... so I see apocalypse as Page 404 Not Found.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2017, 03:06:11 PM
Family Guy spoof on Death Star design flaw ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nTk_lJqiIQ

We aerospace engineers are paid to avoid these little design flaws!

Plugging up the hole would be like sticking a potato in the tailpipe of your car. Only your car is the size of a moon and should realistically have many more tailpipes than it actually does.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 23, 2017, 04:30:37 PM
Plugging up the hole would be like sticking a potato in the tailpipe of your car. Only your car is the size of a moon and should realistically have many more tailpipes than it actually does.

A real rebel would be all like ... putting sugar in the gas tank.  But wouldn't do that, because it would be too triggering for diabetics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear