News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I have returned from a decade-long absence!

Started by davoarid, September 14, 2017, 12:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 14, 2017, 09:58:54 AM
When you get to be my age that is the nature of the beast.  Some have moved on and others have died.  That will happen more and more for me, I think.

Yeah, here too.  The news is filled every day wit people my age kicking off. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on September 14, 2017, 10:16:47 AM
Yeah, here too.  The news is filled every day wit people my age kicking off.
It's when most of them are younger than me that it gets to be odd--or something.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

For me you are new--so welcome (back) Davo.  Hope you stick around.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 14, 2017, 11:30:05 AM
For me you are new--so welcome (back) Davo.  Hope you stick around.

Yeah, you are new to me too.  Say something devastatingly atheistic so I really know where you stand. 

And don't take that wrong.  I've been around the block a few times.  Skeptical...

trdsf

You're also new to me, but I'll take your word that you're a returnee, so welcome back.  :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

davoarid

Quote from: trdsf on September 14, 2017, 12:47:08 PM
You're also new to me, but I'll take your word that you're a returnee, so welcome back.  :D
Accept it on faith. :)

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 14, 2017, 08:29:38 AM
Do you think toads do not suffer angst?  OK, I'm not Baruch.  I actually mean something intelligible by what I say.  I clicked on your links.  Only one worked at the time.  And that one was something about Jesus and Mohammed being the same person?

So I sort of gave up on that.

A toad finding itself of a road feels angst.  It's going to likely die.  I will not be the toad.  I would at least hop FAST!

No you are not me.  I may have multiple personalities, but all of them make posts that are remarkable ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: davoarid on September 14, 2017, 12:51:29 PM
Accept it on faith. :)

LOL!  OK, you have a good sense of humor.  But Baruch could have said that.  And would, actually.  And probably will.

Oh. speak of the devil.  ;)

If I may ask, who is the most evil person who ever lived?

Mike Cl

Baruch

Quote from: davoarid on September 14, 2017, 01:57:15 AM
Bah--that sucks! I was from North Dakota, but now (like most people who grew up in North Dakota) live in Minneapolis.

Oh well. I'm sure seeing the crap 20-year-old me was writing would produce more cringe than is healthy. That's too bad that everyone I knew has left. Todangst was another one--guy taught me SO much stuff here. :)

To answer the previous poster: I don't believe in a personal God or anything, but I'm much much much less militant in my atheism now than I was in my heyday here.

Many people go thru atheism but not all stay there ... sometimes they get there thru teenage rebellion, some by steady maturing.  As you get older, you can read your old writings fairly often ... and remark .. who was that guy?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 14, 2017, 12:59:18 PM
Faith--yes!  One of my strongest assets.

Missed out on the smiley or sarc tag ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 14, 2017, 12:57:20 PM
No you are not me.  I may have multiple personalities, but all of them make posts that are remarkable ;-)

Oh, they are ALL "remarkable"   We remark on them often.  But are they meaningful?  I think less then half.  A 1/4 is iffy.

Mike Cl

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 14, 2017, 12:59:18 PM
Faith--yes!  One of my strongest assets.

What?  Have I misunderstood you this past year?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on September 14, 2017, 01:07:35 PM
What?  Have I misunderstood you this past year?
Nope--not a whit, not a tittle.  Just deep sarcasm for your good bud,  Baurch.