News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I May Have Been Hacked

Started by SGOS, September 13, 2017, 01:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

I received what appeared to be a boilerplate email from amazon this morning informing me that my email had been reset, and I would have to follow some back and forth instructions for resetting my password and some other things.  But I have a dentist appointment in an hour, and I don't want to start anything right now until I have unlimited time.  They said they have cancelled any pending orders I might have.  I'd be curious to know if there were any.  Or if those will be scrubbed off my history.

I would think this hack would be financially harmful if they also had my credit card.  But amazon says I'm safe, of course, because my credit card number is secure.  HA!

Baruch

Good luck.  I also shop Amazon for books.  But then again, I been Putin on the ritz ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

OK, so I checked my amazon site, and the email is correct, the old password still works (I would have thought that would have been shut down), but my name has been changed to "Milkyclogblog" or something like that.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on September 14, 2017, 07:25:49 AM
I received what appeared to be a boilerplate email from amazon this morning informing me that my email had been reset, and I would have to follow some back and forth instructions for resetting my password and some other things.  But I have a dentist appointment in an hour, and I don't want to start anything right now until I have unlimited time.  They said they have cancelled any pending orders I might have.  I'd be curious to know if there were any.  Or if those will be scrubbed off my history.

I would think this hack would be financially harmful if they also had my credit card.  But amazon says I'm safe, of course, because my credit card number is secure.  HA!

I would ask Amazon about that directly.  Erring on the side of suspicion is usually a good idea.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!