Why the West HATES and is DESTROYING Itself

Started by pr126, September 13, 2017, 01:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Tl:dw: Post-Imperialism is terrible, we have to return to the days when we exploited every country horribly because it made us stronger. By moving away from an Imperialistic attitude and not taking pride in it, we lost everything that, "made the West great".
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on September 13, 2017, 04:21:37 AM

They are literally monuments of imperialism (the U.S.S.R.) taken to it's extreme (it's treatment of it's colonies).

Kudos for not photoshopping Obama and Hillary somewhere on there though.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on September 13, 2017, 03:12:59 AM
Tl:dw: Post-Imperialism is terrible, we have to return to the days when we exploited every country horribly because it made us stronger. By moving away from an Imperialistic attitude and not taking pride in it, we lost everything that, "made the West great".

Correct.  Without the Romans, you would just be another spear chucking barbarian.  Got Mafia?

Usually puritans love their own minority, and hate the unclean majority.  You don't fall far from the tree ... you could afford to not be in the Roman legions, if you could find a place in the monastery, Brother Shiranu.  Real puritans hate their own in-group, and even hate themselves.  Inverting "love your neighbor as you love yourself".  In India these holy men are called fakirs.  Asceticism to their own flesh, self flagellation with a whip to keep themselves company at night.  Did you see The Mission, or my clip of the preview?  Describes you to a T.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on September 13, 2017, 04:42:44 AM
They are literally monuments of imperialism (the U.S.S.R.) taken to it's extreme (it's treatment of it's colonies).

Kudos for not photoshopping Obama and Hillary somewhere on there though.

That picture would satirize the Nazis, not the Commies.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 13, 2017, 06:37:48 AM
pr, you are one paranoid fuck.

You aren't paranoid, if they do want to kill you.  Nazis ... commies ... just say no.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

off topic a sec, I always find myself trying to figure out where your level of sarcasm begins and ends Baruch, its a very fine line like piano wire and I kind of enjoy figuring out when the sarcasm starts.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on September 13, 2017, 06:59:48 AM
off topic a sec, I always find myself trying to figure out where your level of sarcasm begins and ends Baruch, its a very fine line like piano wire and I kind of enjoy figuring out when the sarcasm starts.

You aren't as tone deaf to rhetoric as some are.  Nothing on this string so far is humorous or sarcastic.

If I am humorous, and worried that it might not be taken that way ... I add ... ;-)
If I am sarcastic, and worried that it might not be taken that way ... I add ... (sarc)
But I am not always intuitive enough with my potential audience reaction (not that I am trying to get a rise out of anyone, I am not trolling)

But it is a true characteristic of me, that I never know what is coming out of my mouth beforehand (if I am my unguarded self) ... my posting is the written equivalent of my free speech.  Of course you can see my intonation ... and I often dead pan my jokes and sarcasm.  But I try to make some jokes and some sarcasm ... serious ... not just jackanapes.  My mouth and pen are very sharp tools ... they speak from my Id.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.