News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Where were you on 9-11?

Started by Cavebear, September 11, 2017, 08:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on September 20, 2017, 01:12:46 PM
My then-partner got a lot of that at his office, cow-orkers saying they were never going to fly again or go up in a tall building or whatever.  His standard response was, "Congratulations, you're terrorized.  They win."
And, of course, when they needed to fly or visit that top floor office they went without blinking.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on September 20, 2017, 01:12:46 PM
My then-partner got a lot of that at his office, cow-orkers saying they were never going to fly again or go up in a tall building or whatever.  His standard response was, "Congratulations, you're terrorized.  They win."

There was a time years ago when some sniper was shooting people at random.  I was getting gas for the car one day and stood briefly out of sight as possible.  Then I told myself that meant he won.  So I stood next to the car in plain sight. 

He lost.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2017, 03:14:09 AM
There was a time years ago when some sniper was shooting people at random.  I was getting gas for the car one day and stood briefly out of sight as possible.  Then I told myself that meant he won.  So I stood next to the car in plain sight. 

He lost.
The "if terrorists change society they've won!" idea is stupid. We've always adapted to changing conditions.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Sorginak

I was working at an incoming phone call center where I had someone on the line who lived in New York, and he was telling me about what was happening.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 23, 2017, 08:11:41 AM
The "if terrorists change society they've won!" idea is stupid. We've always adapted to changing conditions.

I must disagree.  The purpose of terrorism is to make people change their lives and disrupt their society.  That can't be allowed to happen to any meaningful degree.  Yes, some watchfulness.  But remember there are 324 million in just the US alone.  A death is sad, but they can't kill many of us.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2017, 08:38:53 AM
I must disagree.  The purpose of terrorism is to make people change their lives and disrupt their society.  That can't be allowed to happen to any meaningful degree.  Yes, some watchfulness.  But remember there are 324 million in just the US alone.  A death is sad, but they can't kill many of us.
You looped there.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Gawdzilla Sama

I said terrorist don't change much. You said "That can't be allowed to happen to any meaningful degree."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 23, 2017, 09:11:35 AM
I said terrorist don't change much. You said "That can't be allowed to happen to any meaningful degree."

I read your post wrong.  My bad.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2017, 09:50:06 AM
I read your post wrong.  My bad.
Apology accepted, but I still have to kill you. Sorry about that, it's policy.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 23, 2017, 10:17:18 AM
Apology accepted, but I still have to kill you. Sorry about that, it's policy.

Policy is policy.  Have a "mint"?

Hey, I pulled another all-nighter.  I need to buy better wine.  Even Baruch starts to make sense after 36 hours...  And that is going some.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2017, 10:24:47 AM

Hey, I pulled another all-nighter.  I need to buy better wine.  Even Baruch starts to make sense after 36 hours...  And that is going some.
In the sleep-deprived universe, maybe.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Controlled opposition.  False flags.  We will never know who the enemy is ... except Pogo knows way back ... "we have met the enemy, and he is us".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2017, 10:24:47 AM

I am just hightening your paranoia, one tin foil hat at a time ... bwahaha.

I come here for the laughs, and you are the circus bear on the unicycle in the tootoo ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2017, 11:08:18 AM
Controlled opposition.  False flags.  We will never know who the enemy is ... except Pogo knows way back ... "we have met the enemy, and he is us".

I'll leave the "wayback" to Mr Peabody.  Meanwhile Pogo's spirit seems alive and well in Prickly City.  They nailed Trump there.