News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Where were you on 9-11?

Started by Cavebear, September 11, 2017, 08:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 14, 2017, 02:04:49 PM
No, it was what YOU said.  Time to fess up buddy!

LOL!, you are doing the Trump argument.  Suggest but don't state.  Deny what you said.  Sex innuendos on Hillary, etc.  You are OUTED as Trumpian!

Fur ball dropping bear turds.  Never have liked Trump.  Didn't vote for him.  You are proven to be a deranged Hillary supporter ;-)

Sorry, you think that the Clinton family is like Father Knows Best from 1962.  You must be flexible to be that ...

Read the papers, read all about it.  Bet you buy Hillary's book and give it 5 stars on Amazon review ... if only you could read.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 14, 2017, 07:58:07 PM
Fur ball dropping bear turds.  Never have liked Trump.  Didn't vote for him.  You are proven to be a deranged Hillary supporter ;-)

Sorry, you think that the Clinton family is like Father Knows Best from 1962.  You must be flexible to be that ...

Read the papers, read all about it.  Bet you buy Hillary's book and give it 5 stars on Amazon review ... if only you could read.
You have supported Trump positions in the past.  And conservative ones.

And like Trump, you suggest images and claims that insult and distract.  I never said I thought anything good of 'Father Knows Best' or any of those moronic sit-coms of the 60s and 70s.  The Clintons are not like those sitcoms either.  You think "the Mom" in any sitcom would run for President and get a majority of the popular vote?

I voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016 because she was the most experienced candidate at the time, and possibly one of the most experienced in US history.  The choice was between an inexperienced male demagogue and an experienced female and you chose the inexperienced male. 

Congratulations.  See where THAT has gotten us.  The world thinks we are idiots for choosing Trump and I can't blame them.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Sylar

I was having dinner before I saw the breaking news.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Cavebear

Quote from: Sylar on September 19, 2017, 03:08:21 AM
I was having dinner before I saw the breaking news.
Early dinner, far east time zone, or not watching the news?  Any is OK, not everyone was glued to the TV set.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 19, 2017, 02:52:32 AM
You have supported Trump positions in the past.  And conservative ones.

And like Trump, you suggest images and claims that insult and distract.  I never said I thought anything good of 'Father Knows Best' or any of those moronic sit-coms of the 60s and 70s.  The Clintons are not like those sitcoms either.  You think "the Mom" in any sitcom would run for President and get a majority of the popular vote?

I voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016 because she was the most experienced candidate at the time, and possibly one of the most experienced in US history.  The choice was between an inexperienced male demagogue and an experienced female and you chose the inexperienced male. 

Congratulations.  See where THAT has gotten us.  The world thinks we are idiots for choosing Trump and I can't blame them.

Ah yes ... if Trump says ... the Sun comes up in the East, and someone agrees, then they are a skin-head Nazi ;-)  If I agree with any politician, it is pure accident, they as a group don't agree with me (think something disgusting to eat).  And you have every right (even if wrong) to vote for Hillary.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 19, 2017, 01:46:58 PM
Ah yes ... if Trump says ... the Sun comes up in the East, and someone agrees, then they are a skin-head Nazi ;-)  If I agree with any politician, it is pure accident, they as a group don't agree with me (think something disgusting to eat).  And you have every right (even if wrong) to vote for Hillary.

No, when someone says something factual, I will agree with them.  Even a skin-head nazi saying the sun rises in the east.  Though I would point out to them that it is actually the Earth rotating so that our spot on the planet is newly facing the sun.

I actually do think that way, though language makes it difficult to express.  I learned a LONG time ago that saying the Earth rotation showed the sun just didn't get the comprehension of "sunrise".  In some things I surrender to common language.

It's like me as an atheist saying "god damn it" when I stub my toe.  I don't expect a god to damn the door I stubbed my toe on, but everyone knows what I mean. 

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on September 19, 2017, 02:11:26 PM
No, when someone says something factual, I will agree with them.  Even a skin-head nazi saying the sun rises in the east.  Though I would point out to them that it is actually the Earth rotating so that our spot on the planet is newly facing the sun.

I actually do think that way, though language makes it difficult to express.  I learned a LONG time ago that saying the Earth rotation showed the sun just didn't get the comprehension of "sunrise".  In some things I surrender to common language.

It's like me as an atheist saying "god damn it" when I stub my toe.  I don't expect a god to damn the door I stubbed my toe on, but everyone knows what I mean.
God damnit, I do!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Drew_2017

At the time I was working night shift for the Boeing Airplane company. My wife woke me up to inform me a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. Naturally I thought she was mistaken. The moment my eyes clapped on the TV they were glued the rest of the day. For three nights in a row I was awoken by a dream of people jumping out windows. I still watch a few documentaries every year because it reminds me of the saying hit them where they expect it least. We saw airplanes as a fast way to get from point A to B the terrorists saw it as a missile. We need to think outside the box how they will attack again.

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

PopeyesPappy

I lived in Memphis and was at work. We didn't have a TV, and the major Internet news sites were really slow due to increased traffic so someone went home and got a portable TV. One thing I remember is when I told the boss, a retired marine air traffic controller, someone had crashed a plane into one of the towers he was skeptical it was terrorists. His comment was something along the line of incompetent controllers. Then I came back a few minutes later and told him a second plane had hit the other tower. About 20 of us spent most of the rest of the day gathered around a 13" portable TV watching the coverage.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Gawdzilla Sama

One of my co-workers got into a total panic every time a plane passed over head. (We were in the flight path for Purdue's airport.) I tried to calm her down but she eventually had a breakdown and went on extended sick leave. Things like this push people over the edge easily.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 20, 2017, 07:40:58 AM
One of my co-workers got into a total panic every time a plane passed over head. (We were in the flight path for Purdue's airport.) I tried to calm her down but she eventually had a breakdown and went on extended sick leave. Things like this push people over the edge easily.
We were living more or less under the western flight path to Port Columbus at the time.  I found it much weirder to not hear planes overhead.  It was actually something of a relief when flights started up again.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on September 20, 2017, 10:45:15 AM
We were living more or less under the western flight path to Port Columbus at the time.  I found it much weirder to not hear planes overhead.  It was actually something of a relief when flights started up again.
West Lafayette, Indiana, got 2-3 jets a day, if that. But these people were freaking out over Pipers. I kept asking them what targets we had that were on par with the Pentagon, but they were beyond logic.
PZ Myers

Baruch

The national PTSD continues, and puts people into bizarre states of mind, individually and by party affiliation. ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 20, 2017, 11:30:17 AM
West Lafayette, Indiana, got 2-3 jets a day, if that. But these people were freaking out over Pipers. I kept asking them what targets we had that were on par with the Pentagon, but they were beyond logic.
My then-partner got a lot of that at his office, cow-orkers saying they were never going to fly again or go up in a tall building or whatever.  His standard response was, "Congratulations, you're terrorized.  They win."
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan