Sikh representative harassed and accused of spreading sharia

Started by Munch, September 10, 2017, 02:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

While with any religion, I see them all in the same light as being just fairy tales and hokum, with Sikhism I tend not to think of it much because unlike mainstream or smaller religious groups, it is to me the most passive of all faith groups, and one of its main teachings is to only ever resort of violence as a last resort, unlike other faiths that tell their followers to go for blood right from the off.

I've meet sikhs before in places I've worked and gone to collage, and I've never once gotten a negative impression of them, quite the opposite. And in todays culture, you honestly cannot confuse a sikh for someone of islamic faith, they are just two completely different groups of people.

Unless your this stupid bitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2onmR-oBIY

the way the guy handled this is awesome.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Ignorant people are confused by the turban.  Sikhism is an Indian religion, with Muslim elements.  When they were founded, fighting for their lives against Muslim rulers, they had to be pretty violent, in self defense.  And again when Indira Gandhi made the mistake of messing with them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Mainstream media is pretty much at fault for lumping anyone brown skin in as islamic too.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Shiranu

Unfortunately, for being the 4th largest religion in the world it is also one of the least known about.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on September 10, 2017, 11:12:42 PM
Unfortunately, for being the 4th largest religion in the world it is also one of the least known about.

I found a travelog about the Golden Temple in Amritsar ... quite interesting.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 11, 2017, 01:03:09 AM
I found a travelog about the Golden Temple in Amritsar ... quite interesting.

I agree about that.  Most christians would be surprised to know moslems follow a lot of the bible prophets.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on September 11, 2017, 10:27:14 AM
I agree about that.  Most christians would be surprised to know moslems follow a lot of the bible prophets.
A good reason for that. Muhammad tried (and failed) to attract Jewish and Christians to Islam despite including their prophets.
That is the very reason that he hated them so much, and Muslims following the founder, still hate and kill them.

Disclaimer: #NOTALLMUSLIMS 

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on September 11, 2017, 10:48:40 AM
A good reason for that. Muhammad tried (and failed) to attract Jewish and Christians to Islam despite including their prophets.
That is the very reason that he hated them so much, and Muslims following the founder, still hate and kill them.

Disclaimer: #NOTALLMUSLIMS

Possibly.  Comparing the religious texts of judaism, christianity, and islam is very much like reading the same fables in French, Italian and Spanish. 

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on September 11, 2017, 10:54:48 AM
Possibly.  Comparing the religious texts of judaism, christianity, and islam is very much like reading the same fables in French, Italian and Spanish. 
That is because Mo has plagiarised most of the Quran from the bible (very inaccurately) but all the rituals and customs are from the pre-Islamic Arab pagan, Sabean, Zoroastrian mix.
Allah was a pagan black stone idol (still in the Kaaba), promoted by Mo to the creator of the universe.   

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on September 11, 2017, 11:01:16 AM
That is because Mo has plagiarised most of the Quran from the bible (very inaccurately) but all the rituals and customs are from the pre-Islamic Arab pagan, Sabean, Zoroastrian mix.
Allah was a pagan black stone idol (still in the Kaaba), promoted by Mo to the creator of the universe.

For every time you annoy me, you also equally please and surprise me.  I agree.  Every religion rises from another and much of judaism comes from Babylonia, which comes from some older idea, etc.  The judaic flood was not original and neither were the coomandments which are mostly, just common sense among nomads settling into villages.

All religion is a mere codification of what humans had already learned in order to exist together peacefully with a Threat From Above added in.  An afterthought, if you will, taken up as a scam by preists ans shamans as a cool way to earn a living without doing any actual work.

Isn't it more pleasent to tell people to pray to the sky-daddy than guide a plow walking in ox crap???  LOL!

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on September 11, 2017, 11:16:42 AM
For every time you annoy me, you also equally please and surprise me.  I agree.  Every religion rises from another and much of judaism comes from Babylonia, which comes from some older idea, etc.  The judaic flood was not original and neither were the coomandments which are mostly, just common sense among nomads settling into villages.

All religion is a mere codification of what humans had already learned in order to exist together peacefully with a Threat From Above added in.  An afterthought, if you will, taken up as a scam by preists ans shamans as a cool way to earn a living without doing any actual work.

Isn't it more pleasent to tell people to pray to the sky-daddy than guide a plow walking in ox crap???  LOL!

Furthermore, the Islamic theology teaches that all prophets, including Jesus, were Muslims.
Adam, Abraham, etc thousands of years before Islam they were all Muslims.

Also, Abraham and Ismail, being good Muslims, traveled to Mekka and rebuilt the Kaaba. After the flood.
It was Adam who built the Kaaba first. (According to Muslim sources).

The black stone of the Kaaba. 
Muslims at the Hajj are still kissing and touching the stone just like the pagans did before Islam. Idolatry? Muslims say it is not. The hajj is also a pagan ritual. 

Baruch

Fortunately, I don't mind paganism, or the pagan origins of Judaism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I do mind.  And the paganer, the worse.  The good part of organized religion is the organized part.  Sadly, the bad thing about it is the organized part too.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 14, 2017, 04:30:07 AM
I do mind.  And the paganer, the worse.  The good part of organized religion is the organized part.  Sadly, the bad thing about it is the organized part too.

Monotheism is much more effective at suppressing atheism.  Be careful what you wish for.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.