News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Atheism Poll

Started by Drew_2017, September 09, 2017, 03:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Truth

Quote from: sdelsolray on October 01, 2017, 05:51:07 PM
The actual evidence (i.e., your posts on this forum) reveals you "[d]enigrate your opponent and (attempt to) make him appear insignificant."  Does that make you a theist who utilizes "Theist's Trick No. 1", at least according to you?

Calling someone who will be 16 in a few more months a 12-year-old is denigrating him. Calling a religious evidence -less thoughtless imbecile crackpot a theistic loony is not denigration. It's description.

Baruch

Quote from: St Truth on October 02, 2017, 12:37:21 AM
Calling someone who will be 16 in a few more months a 12-year-old is denigrating him. Calling a religious evidence -less thoughtless imbecile crackpot a theistic loony is not denigration. It's description.

I was speaking of myself, not you.  You are way too sensitive.  If I called you a 25 year old, pretending to be 15 ... would you feel false pride?  But yes, you are what you are, and only time will let you escape your current situation, hopefully to a better mental space.  I remember the time when I popped off to my mother, when I was a teen.  Her right hand swing knocked my smart ass to the floor.  I never did that again, nor did I hold it against her.  Eventually I became a parent, and closed the circle.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

St Truth

Quote from: Baruch on October 02, 2017, 12:46:24 AM
I was speaking of myself, not you.  You are way too sensitive.  If I called you a 25 year old, pretending to be 15 ... would you feel false pride?  But yes, you are what you are, and only time will let you escape your current situation, hopefully to a better mental space.  I remember the time when I popped off to my mother, when I was a teen.  Her right hand swing knocked my smart ass to the floor.  I never did that again, nor did I hold it against her.  Eventually I became a parent, and closed the circle.

I am irritated when people who fancy themselves old start reminiscing about their early childhood. Let's face it - this is the internet. Baruch could be 14 pretending to be 60. In CF, I registered my date of birth as 17 December 1999. Actually, I didn't lie. But when I applied for registration last year, the system returned an error message whenever I typed my correct year of birth. I realised that the closest year they accepted was 1999. I later discovered that CF did not accept people below 16.

But a lot of the imbeciles in CF thought I was much older. One of them was certain that I was VERY old. He gave as 'evidence' the fact that I once signed of as 'I remain, Sir, the one and only....  St Truth'. He said the style 'I remain, Sir...' was a very old style and no teenager would write that way. He went on to opine further that my vocabulary evidenced an advanced intelligence and the syntax of my sentences was what no teenager could construct. He then explained that he was a High School teacher and he knew everything about teenagers. I had such a good time laughing. Obviously his American High School consisted of teenagers who were dunderheads who could only do sex and drugs. You know how it's like in the US? He wanted me banned for misrepresenting my age. It's very hard for me to respect these morons in CF. They are so stupid they don't know what evidence means. It's just like that moron Drew who keeps saying that the universe is evidence of God's existence. These people don't understand evidence. True, the style I adopted when I signed off is what you read in the letters written in the novels of Jane Austen and Dickens but that's no evidence that I am a contemporary of Dickens!!! They probably measured my maturity with their own stupidity and wow, I'm incredibly brilliant and so I must be as old as Dickens. It's the same in AF - the theists are all dumb fools.  I think theism appeals to idiots and the intelligent folks who accept theism have no choice but to tell their brains to take a hike every time they go on their knees to their dumb God or G-d or YHWH or Yahweh or Jesus or Allah or whatever dumb names they can come up with for their imaginary pig. If you can delude yourself into believing such utter rubbish, you can no longer be rational. That explains why CF is chock-full of people whose intelligence is no higher than that of a gibbon which had a severe concussion at birth.

And I say all this in truth for I am...

St Truth

Baruch

Your early skepticism is admirable, but don't let it turn into paranoia ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Heh.  Has anyone else noticed that the more OP blathers on, the higher the '99.99999%' vote goes?  :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

SGOS

Quote from: trdsf on October 02, 2017, 10:48:25 AM
Heh.  Has anyone else noticed that the more OP blathers on, the higher the '99.99999%' vote goes?  :D
If there was a god, he never would have created someone as annoying as Drew.

sdelsolray

Quote from: trdsf on October 02, 2017, 10:48:25 AM

Well, Drew won't be blathering any longer in this thread.  He was sent to Purgatory and is now limited to posting there.

St Truth

Quote from: sdelsolray on October 02, 2017, 11:12:18 AM
Well, Drew won't be blathering any longer in this thread.  He was sent to Purgatory and is now limited to posting there.

That's wonderful. It's very hard to keep up with him. He talks garbage in one thread and just when you think you've addressed his garbage, he ignores what you say and he's gone to another thread to pour more garbage. Keeping him in one place is great. Is Purgatory the "Enter the Darkness' forum? A forum for brain-damaged teens, that's what the description says.

I'm sure he won't post there. He'll just start another sock puppet. But it's easy to spot him. I know what he will say and it's easy to spot him when he comes back. He simply regurgitates the vomit of past Christian apologists.

sdelsolray

Quote from: St Truth on October 02, 2017, 11:23:48 AM
That's wonderful. It's very hard to keep up with him. He talks garbage in one thread and just when you think you've addressed his garbage, he ignores what you say and he's gone to another thread to pour more garbage. Keeping him in one place is great. Is Purgatory the "Enter the Darkness' forum? A forum for brain-damaged teens, that's what the description says.

I'm sure he won't post there. He'll just start another sock puppet. But it's easy to spot him. I know what he will say and it's easy to spot him when he comes back. He simply regurgitates the vomit of past Christian apologists.

The Purgatory subform is only visible to members who request it, i.e., it is invisible otherwise.  PM a moderator and he/she will make it visible for you.

Simon Moon

Quote from: sdelsolray on October 02, 2017, 11:12:18 AM

I am against the decision to move him to the purgatory subforum.

I really enjoy dismantling his flawed thinking.
And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

sdelsolray

Quote from: Simon Moon on October 02, 2017, 06:11:31 PM

Drew's flawed thinking has already been deconstructed and dismantled, more than once, including many excellent posts from you.  Is doing that again necessary?

But the Purgatory ban will be a test for Drew.  If his ego demands him to proselytize his phony "philosophical theism" he will continue in the Purgatory subform (just like Randy Carson did when he was sent to Purgatory).  On the other hand, if he is angry, shamed or embarrassed enough, he likely will not post there....unless he is or becomes a nutter.  If he is a nutter, then all bets are off.

sdelsolray

Quote from: St Truth on October 02, 2017, 12:37:21 AM

Sure thing, Sparky.  I'll bet you say that to all who ask.

St Truth

Quote from: Simon Moon on October 02, 2017, 06:11:31 PM

But no amount of reason and excellent posts that expose the flaws of Drew's arguments can have any effect on him. All he will do is to ignore what you have said and repeat his nonsense ad nauseam. And he will do that on multiple threads. It gets very sickening after a while. That's because Drew has an agenda. He doesn't care how flawed his arguments are or how good your responses are. All he wants is for his garbage to influence some readers. That is what preachers do. Argue as much as you want, the preacher will just tenaciously preach his garbage repeatedly in the hope of getting some converts or, as they put it in Christian jargon, the seeds are sown anyway.

I'm sure Drew will return in a different sock puppet account.

Baruch

Quote from: St Truth on October 03, 2017, 11:01:27 AM
But no amount of reason and excellent posts that expose the flaws of Drew's arguments can have any effect on him. All he will do is to ignore what you have said and repeat his nonsense ad nauseam. And he will do that on multiple threads. It gets very sickening after a while. That's because Drew has an agenda. He doesn't care how flawed his arguments are or how good your responses are. All he wants is for his garbage to influence some readers. That is what preachers do. Argue as much as you want, the preacher will just tenaciously preach his garbage repeatedly in the hope of getting some converts or, as they put it in Christian jargon, the seeds are sown anyway.

I'm sure Drew will return in a different sock puppet account.

He called you out for delusion already.  Better dive into Purgatory to set him straight, young Candide ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Simon Moon

Quote from: Baruch on October 03, 2017, 01:32:35 PM
He called you out for delusion already.  Better dive into Purgatory to set him straight, young Candide ;-)

"Calling someone out" is one thing, but doing so using demonstrable evidence, reasoned argument and valid/sound logic, is another.

I have not seen any signs that Drew is capable of any of the above.

Please show the post where Drew called out St Truth, or anyone else, using the above criteria.
And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell