Democrat psychopathy in the headlines ...

Started by Baruch, September 09, 2017, 02:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

DoD folk who have served (I haven't) are a different breed.  They have gotten past fear of paper cuts ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on September 11, 2017, 01:45:22 PM
So what is wrong with buying a woman a drink?  Can one tell, 20 years later, if a roofie was in it?  Didn't think so.  Their word against him.  Not that I would trust a man, giving me a drink, if I were a woman.  But mom should have taught them that.
Jesus fucking christ.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on September 20, 2017, 12:16:12 PM
Jesus fucking christ.

So you were there, each time Bill Cosby dated a woman at a bar, and had a breathalyzer to check for roofies?  Amazing.  Now I am not saying the women are lying .. it just isn't possible to back any of this up, with clinical evidence, 20 years later.  And unfortunately, men and women, lie all the time (or are simply mistaken because of how drunk they were at the time).  It is this kind of thing, is why I almost never sought a woman companion at a bar, nor have I ever bought any a drink.  If they want a roofie they have to put it in their own drink.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on September 20, 2017, 01:04:42 PM
So you were there, each time Bill Cosby dated a woman at a bar, and had a breathalyzer to check for roofies?  Amazing.  Now I am not saying the women are lying .. it just isn't possible to back any of this up, with clinical evidence, 20 years later.  And unfortunately, men and women, lie all the time (or are simply mistaken because of how drunk they were at the time).  It is this kind of thing, is why I almost never sought a woman companion at a bar, nor have I ever bought any a drink.  If they want a roofie they have to put it in their own drink.
Fuck you, fucker.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on September 20, 2017, 02:46:42 PM
Fuck you, fucker.

All women tell the truth?  Don't think so.  All men lie?  Don't think so.  Wasn't there with Bill and company, so I will never know, and I don't have a dog in their fight.

And yes, some women are psychopaths ... unfortunately so are some men.  I don't approve of the behavior he is accused of, of course.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Quote from: Baruch on September 20, 2017, 01:04:42 PM

Really?  This isn't just one persons word against anothers.   Are you seriously going to suggest that dozens of women who have never met that can corroborate the details of exactly what that person did are lying?   
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Baruch

Quote from: Jason78 on September 21, 2017, 03:57:33 AM
Really?  This isn't just one persons word against anothers.   Are you seriously going to suggest that dozens of women who have never met that can corroborate the details of exactly what that person did are lying?

Bad men have been doing the same pickup lines for centuries.  But there is circumstantial evidence perhaps.  Give me a chemical analysis of the drinks the women drank.  But can you convict this kind of offense on circumstantial evidence?  Are you privy to the trial, or the jury deliberations?  Just trial in the public opinion ... mob rule.  Just as I would also dismiss the other alternative, of blaming the victim (as often happens in such cases).  We really don't know.  Thinking we know just reveals our own prejudices.  Did OJ do it?  We might have a better feel for it, if the police hadn't mishandled the physical evidence.  Actual experiments show that perp ID in a lineup, immediately after a crime, is 50-50.  Police know this and lead the witness.  Police also badger suspects into confessing things they didn't do.  Police also plant false evidence, or attempt to enhance it, to more likely get a conviction (as seems to have happened with OJ).  The DA also is very selective in who to prosecute in political cases (Hillary ... cough).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 21, 2017, 06:56:48 AM
Bad men have been doing the same pickup lines for centuries.  But there is circumstantial evidence perhaps.  Give me a chemical analysis of the drinks the women drank.  But can you convict this kind of offense on circumstantial evidence?  Are you privy to the trial, or the jury deliberations?  Just trial in the public opinion ... mob rule.  Just as I would also dismiss the other alternative, of blaming the victim (as often happens in such cases).  We really don't know.  Thinking we know just reveals our own prejudices.  Did OJ do it?  We might have a better feel for it, if the police hadn't mishandled the physical evidence.  Actual experiments show that perp ID in a lineup, immediately after a crime, is 50-50.  Police know this and lead the witness.  Police also badger suspects into confessing things they didn't do.  Police also plant false evidence, or attempt to enhance it, to more likely get a conviction (as seems to have happened with OJ).  The DA also is very selective in who to prosecute in political cases (Hillary ... cough).

You are suggesting there is no crime unless there is proof.  The crime can exist without the trial requirements.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2017, 03:26:37 AM
You are suggesting there is no crime unless there is proof.  The crime can exist without the trial requirements.

Bad behavior (at least behavior bad in my opinion) exists of course.  But a crime is a political theater, it doesn't exist without government to define and suppress it.

But if you want to convict people on mere assertion, go right ahead, but not in my country.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sorginak

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on September 23, 2017, 06:09:53 PM
Cavebear wishes Dexter was real.

No, he wants to be Dexter, except when he is Lecter ;-( (satire tag)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2017, 06:01:30 PM

But if you want to convict people on mere assertion, go right ahead, but not in my country.
Conviction is not the problem. Casting doubt on victims because of its inherent lack of physical evidence is the problem. Making assumptions is the problem. Blaming victims because they were drunk or wearing a short dress or were in a place they should not have been is the problem. Not taking rape cases seriously is the problem, as evidenced by the reporting rate and the prosecution rate. It's a larger cultural problem.
Speaking as a rape survivor-IMMEDIATELY I was accused of lying about it. Immediately.

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on September 23, 2017, 08:21:00 PM
Conviction is not the problem. Casting doubt on victims because of its inherent lack of physical evidence is the problem. Making assumptions is the problem. Blaming victims because they were drunk or wearing a short dress or were in a place they should not have been is the problem. Not taking rape cases seriously is the problem, as evidenced by the reporting rate and the prosecution rate. It's a larger cultural problem.
Speaking as a rape survivor-IMMEDIATELY I was accused of lying about it. Immediately.

And that is part of ... not being civilized.  If anyone told me they had been raped, I would listen very carefully, and hand them off to the nearest rape counselor who is trained in such things.  That is actually what we are trained to do in the medical community.  Of course, it wasn't always this way.  And I don't understand the "blame the victim" thing that some people do.  But one has a time limit on when one can claim foul, and limits on claims of anonymity.  Actual rape counselors, given a short span between the event and the accusation, are trained to get the physical evidence.  And now we can DNA test it too.  Every medical staff is retrained on this, every year.  And no, even if a man was cute and wearing a short dress, that is no reason to molest him.  Yes, we do have a cultural problem.  Sexual assault is particularly high in the military.  If things didn't work for you like they should, you have my grief at that.  And of course the actual assault isn't right.  Meanwhile prisoners in jail are being molested as we speak.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2017, 09:47:10 PM
And I don't understand the "blame the victim" thing that some people do. 
You did this exact thing in an earlier post in this thread.
Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2017, 09:47:10 PM
But one has a time limit on when one can claim foul, and limits on claims of anonymity.  Actual rape counselors, given a short span between the event and the accusation, are trained to get the physical evidence.  And now we can DNA test it too.  Every medical staff is retrained on this, every year.  And no, even if a man was cute and wearing a short dress, that is no reason to molest him.  Yes, we do have a cultural problem.  Sexual assault is particularly high in the military.  If things didn't work for you like they should, you have my grief at that.  And of course the actual assault isn't right.  Meanwhile prisoners in jail are being molested as we speak.
Your assertion that there should be a time limit is further diminishment of the issue at hand. The statute of limitations is what it is. Most of the women stepping forward have reached that, and can't get a conviction. Do you ever stop to think about why they didn't come forward in the first place? Go back and read what you wrote earlier in the thread.

Rape is a crime that very very often does not come with any physical evidence. But you don't seem to grasp that. You aren't shy about spouting off about it though.

What is your point about prisoners being raped?

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on September 24, 2017, 10:01:46 AM
You did this exact thing in an earlier post in this thread. Your assertion that there should be a time limit is further diminishment of the issue at hand. The statute of limitations is what it is. Most of the women stepping forward have reached that, and can't get a conviction. Do you ever stop to think about why they didn't come forward in the first place? Go back and read what you wrote earlier in the thread.

Rape is a crime that very very often does not come with any physical evidence. But you don't seem to grasp that. You aren't shy about spouting off about it though.

What is your point about prisoners being raped?

Your knowledge of law and current medical practice is deficient.  There is evidence, if it is examined soon.  Statute of limitations is a legal concept, not a scientific one.  It is unfortunate that Zeus doesn't zap rapists from Mt Olympus (oops, he was overly fond of human women).  It is a shame there is no afterlife to torture bad people forever (I assume you are atheist).  And yes, it takes a lot for a rape victim (which includes men) to step forward.  The process today tries to make that easier than in the misogynistic past (and yes, we are still misogynist anyway).  How many guilty people get off ... and not just for rape?  Why not execute people, on mere assertion of the State or an accuser?

I mentioned the prison rape thing, because that is where most rapes are happening, on a daily basis.  Shouldn't happen there, shouldn't happen anywhere.  As a guy, that is the location I am most likely to be raped.  Excuse me for being self centered.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.