Economics, turbulence, chaos and the failure of planned economies

Started by Baruch, September 08, 2017, 10:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2017, 04:23:10 AM
I went into Govt after some right wingnut said at a campus demonstration "If you disagree with the Govt so much, get in there and change it".

I did, and I did.  Saved it a ton of money, got some programs straightened out, told truth to power (utterly shocked the agency CFO and his staff once), and left honorably after 30 years.

I shot the albatross once and leave it to younger mariners now...

And I salute you for that.  Having being inside for 20 years, after being outside for 10, I no longer think that GS people eat little babies ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2017, 05:46:30 PM
And I salute you for that.  Having being inside for 20 years, after being outside for 10, I no longer think that GS people eat little babies ;-)

Do you think we theists eat adult humans?  Bet you reply with a joke.  Which says you won't.  Or might.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 28, 2017, 04:52:32 AM
Do you think we theists eat adult humans?  Bet you reply with a joke.  Which says you won't.  Or might.

Knowing actual government people, has moderated my hatred for government, but not for politics.  I now accept that governments are supposed to be evil.  I just don't like politicians profiting from that ... and that tis no joke.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 28, 2017, 07:30:02 PM
Knowing actual government people, has moderated my hatred for government, but not for politics.  I now accept that governments are supposed to be evil.  I just don't like politicians profiting from that ... and that tis no joke.

Oh c'mon, governments aren't "supposed to be evil".  They might be sometimes in some places where institutions are weak, but not "supposed to be".
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!