Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Fine Art of Cherry-Picking

Started by trdsf, September 08, 2017, 01:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 11, 2017, 01:27:33 AM
God has terrible aim?

God: I'm going to ice those motherfuckers. This category 5 hurricane will show them for legalizing gay marriage!

Angel: Uhh, God. You sent that thing at the South.

God: Yeah. So?

Angel: Isn't that where most of the people who are against gay marriage live?

God: ...Me damn it. Now I'm just going to look like an asshole. Well, tell them I did it to make them come closer together as a community or something.

And apparently HE missed.  It is much less than expected.  Typical.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

trdsf

A little follow-up.  So after haranguing his listeners that Irma wasn't going to be that bad and that the "liberal media" was "hyping" it as part of both their alleged pro-anthropogenic climate change "agenda" and to drive people into panic buying to make their corporate masters and other money interests happy, guess who ran out of town ahead of it?

I also wonder how many people got injured or worse because they believed him rather than the professional meteorologists.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 11, 2017, 01:27:33 AM
God has terrible aim?

God: I'm going to ice those motherfuckers. This category 5 hurricane will show them for legalizing gay marriage!

Angel: Uhh, God. You sent that thing at the South.

God: Yeah. So?

Angel: Isn't that where most of the people who are against gay marriage live?

God: ...Me damn it. Now I'm just going to look like an asshole. Well, tell them I did it to make them come closer together as a community or something.
Sounds like Mr. Deity. I really like watching his vids!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 22, 2017, 01:31:34 PM
Sounds like Mr. Deity. I really like watching his vids!

Why does this seem so familiar? I think I might have seen some of his videos before. The voices I had for God and the angels when writing that, though, was DarkMatter2525. The angel Jeffry's entrance almost always starts with, "Umm, God?" lol
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 22, 2017, 01:59:04 PM
Why does this seem so familiar? I think I might have seen some of his videos before. The voices I had for God and the angels when writing that, though, was DarkMatter2525. The angel Jeffry's entrance almost always starts with, "Umm, God?" lol

Hmmm, I my have to start more snarky posts with "Um, God...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!