News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Fine Art of Cherry-Picking

Started by trdsf, September 08, 2017, 01:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Is anyone waiting for some fundie preacher to claim that Hurricane Irma bearing down on Mar-A-Lago is a warning from their god that Asshole needs to get his shit together and quit being a dick, both domestically and internationally?

Nope, me either.  And even if Irma just stops there and scours it down to its foundations, the most we'll get is a claim that it's because Asshole hasn't stopped marriage equality or incorporated their bible into the Constitution or made abortions a capital crime yet.

I did a little research -- also in the path are the homes of the Koch brothers, Rush Limbaugh, and Ann Coulter.  A sign?  :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on September 08, 2017, 01:06:30 PM
Is anyone waiting for some fundie preacher to claim that Hurricane Irma bearing down on Mar-A-Lago is a warning from their god that Asshole needs to get his shit together and quit being a dick, both domestically and internationally?

Nope, me either.  And even if Irma just stops there and scours it down to its foundations, the most we'll get is a claim that it's because Asshole hasn't stopped marriage equality or incorporated their bible into the Constitution or made abortions a capital crime yet.

I did a little research -- also in the path are the homes of the Koch brothers, Rush Limbaugh, and Ann Coulter.  A sign?  :D

Sorry, they get priority for post-hurricane cleanup.  And the average guy gets to pay for their beach restoration etc thru taxes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I'm feeling a bit of pre-schadenfreude...

But Ken Ham says hurricanes are a result of sin - not God's fault at all. But he doesn't specifically mention Chump, or Rush L. or Coulter. I wonder why?

Noah’s Ark theme park founder blames devastating hurricanes on sins

QuoteHurricanes are a result of people’s sins, Ken Ham, the president and founder of the Creation Museum and the Ark Encounter in Williamstown, tweeted on Wednesday.

“Devastating Hurricanes-reminder we live in a fallen groaning world as a result of our sin against a Holy God-it’s our fault not God’s fault,” he tweeted.

Well, I guess that lets God off the hook!

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 08, 2017, 01:44:34 PM
I'm feeling a bit of pre-schadenfreude...

But Ken Ham says hurricanes are a result of sin - not God's fault at all. But he doesn't specifically mention Chump, or Rush L. or Coulter. I wonder why?

Noah’s Ark theme park founder blames devastating hurricanes on sins

Well, I guess that lets God off the hook!

Funny how these record breaking hurricanes are affecting some of the most religious parts of the country.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

Yeah, there's probably a good reason for that...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 08, 2017, 05:17:53 PM
Yeah, there's probably a good reason for theat...

It isn't enough to be Baptist, you have to be 1st Baptist ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Well, I don't have any fucking use for any of them, but I hope none of them get hurt.  I *will* be entertained if their homes get clobbered.  Especially if these self-proclaimed prophets of self-reliance immediately start begging the government to bail them out.  I mean, we already know they're hypocrites, but it'll be nice to have them that firmly on the record as such.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on September 08, 2017, 09:42:58 PM
Well, I don't have any fucking use for any of them, but I hope none of them get hurt.  I *will* be entertained if their homes get clobbered.  Especially if these self-proclaimed prophets of self-reliance immediately start begging the government to bail them out.  I mean, we already know they're hypocrites, but it'll be nice to have them that firmly on the record as such.

They didn't learn anything in 1992 from Hurricane Andrew ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on September 08, 2017, 09:42:58 PM
The televangelists will be just fine.  The more successful ones have multiple lavish estates to fall back on.  It's the poor who suffer, (as always) believer or not.  The televangelists know it's all a sham, but the believers can look out the window and see armaggedon for themselves.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 08, 2017, 10:47:13 PM
The televangelists will be just fine.  The more successful ones have multiple lavish estates to fall back on.  It's the poor who suffer, (as always) believer or not.  The televangelists know it's all a sham, but the believers can look out the window and see armaggedon for themselves.

It's a good day to die - N Plains Native chant on rising each morning
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 08, 2017, 10:47:13 PM

Jesus he knows me. And he knows I'm right. Been talking to jesus all my life. Aw yes, he knows me and he knows I'm right. And he's been telling me everything is alright.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 09, 2017, 01:52:35 AM
Jesus he knows me. And he knows I'm right. Been talking to jesus all my life. Aw yes, he knows me and he knows I'm right. And he's been telling me everything is alright.

Channeling a typical American?  Weird.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 09, 2017, 01:52:35 AM

Voices in your head are not usually good. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Blackleaf

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 08, 2017, 05:17:53 PM
Yeah, there's probably a good reason for that...

God has terrible aim?

God: I'm going to ice those motherfuckers. This category 5 hurricane will show them for legalizing gay marriage!

Angel: Uhh, God. You sent that thing at the South.

God: Yeah. So?

Angel: Isn't that where most of the people who are against gay marriage live?

God: ...Me damn it. Now I'm just going to look like an asshole. Well, tell them I did it to make them come closer together as a community or something.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 11, 2017, 01:16:20 AM
Voices in your head are not usually good.

Hopefully you are not deaf, and can hear yourself speaking, and hear others speaking.  The sounds go from waves outside your head into the mystery inside your head, after distortion and analysis by your ears.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.