Author Topic: The Fine Art of Cherry-Picking  (Read 181 times)

Offline Cavebear

Re: The Fine Art of Cherry-Picking
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 02:00:30 AM »
God has terrible aim?

God: I'm going to ice those motherfuckers. This category 5 hurricane will show them for legalizing gay marriage!

Angel: Uhh, God. You sent that thing at the South.

God: Yeah. So?

Angel: Isn't that where most of the people who are against gay marriage live?

God: ...Me damn it. Now I'm just going to look like an asshole. Well, tell them I did it to make them come closer together as a community or something.

And apparently HE missed.  It is much less than expected.  Typical.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline trdsf (OP)

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 12:53:33 PM »
A little follow-up.  So after haranguing his listeners that Irma wasn't going to be that bad and that the "liberal media" was "hyping" it as part of both their alleged pro-anthropogenic climate change "agenda" and to drive people into panic buying to make their corporate masters and other money interests happy, guess who ran out of town ahead of it?

I also wonder how many people got injured or worse because they believed him rather than the professional meteorologists.
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." -- Calvin and Hobbes
"I thought I committed regicide today, but I committed deicide!" -- Sadie Doyle, Beyond Belief

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2017, 01:31:34 PM »
God has terrible aim?

God: I'm going to ice those motherfuckers. This category 5 hurricane will show them for legalizing gay marriage!

Angel: Uhh, God. You sent that thing at the South.

God: Yeah. So?

Angel: Isn't that where most of the people who are against gay marriage live?

God: ...Me damn it. Now I'm just going to look like an asshole. Well, tell them I did it to make them come closer together as a community or something.
Sounds like Mr. Deity. I really like watching his vids!
God Not Found
"Never criticize someone unless you've walked a mile in his shoes. Then when you criticize him at least you'll be a mile away - and you'll have his shoes."
Ray Magliozzi
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted at all."

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 01:59:04 PM »
Sounds like Mr. Deity. I really like watching his vids!

Why does this seem so familiar? I think I might have seen some of his videos before. The voices I had for God and the angels when writing that, though, was DarkMatter2525. The angel Jeffry's entrance almost always starts with, "Umm, God?" lol
"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2017, 02:34:37 AM »
Why does this seem so familiar? I think I might have seen some of his videos before. The voices I had for God and the angels when writing that, though, was DarkMatter2525. The angel Jeffry's entrance almost always starts with, "Umm, God?" lol

Hmmm, I my have to start more snarky posts with "Um, God...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!