News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Beware of food poisoning

Started by pr126, September 08, 2017, 02:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on September 09, 2017, 05:08:58 AM
Shiranu wrote:I know that you are trying to defend the indefensible.

But shit happens. Literally.

Shop-owners sold chocolate cake sprinkled with human faeces

Algerian who was jailed for spraying food with faeces and urine still can't be deported despite £250,000 legal battle to kick him out

Go on, tell me that the news source has made it all up, this never happened.

1. Not all Muslims do that

2. Some Brits like a little shit on their cakes
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 08, 2017, 02:01:23 PM
Wow, ISIS poisoning food, Al Qaeda starting wildfires - what'll they think of next? If I were them I'd try to cause the eruption of the Yellowstone caldera. That'd really do it for the U.S.!

Put each American in an isolation tank, and regress them ... but only back to 1960 ... please!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Baruch wrote
Quote1. Not all Muslims do that
Yes, that is correct. No one has claimed so.

Should there be a mandatory disclaimer for all postings for this type?

Here it is:
#NOTALLMUSLIMS

Just like in the 1940s, #NOTALLGERMANS, AND #NOTALLJAPANESE

Hope this helps.

Gawdzilla Sama

Making fewer sweeping generalizations would be the starting point.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

As I understand it, this is something Isis members planned on doing. To say this is a generalization of all Muslims is dodging the issue, since isis is an islamic oriented group, the same as other extremist groups are based on religious practices.

Calling out the evils of a group like Isis isn't making a generalization to an entire race, its making a clear matter of fact there is nothing good coming from that terror group.   
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

'THEY'RE BARBARIANS' Edinburgh student who mocked Isis on social media investigated by uni bosses for putting ‘minority students at risk’

QuoteThe 21-year-old law student wrote a Facebook post after the US Air Force bombed an ISIS stronghold in Afghanistan in April.

He said: “I’m glad we could bring these barbarians a step closer to collecting their 72 virgins.”

But his comments sparked a complaint by fellow student Esme Allman, who accused him of “blatant Islamophobia”.

The history student also said he “put minority students at risk and in a state of panic”.

Robbie dismissed the claims to The Times and said the complaint was retaliation for him highlighting her calling black men “trash” while she was the leader of an ethnic minority student group.

He wrote on Facebook last night: “Afraid I’ve been a little more quiet as I have been accused of Islamophobia because I mocked Isis, and I’m being investigated on such a ground by my University.
Which is odd, because the politicians say that ISIS is not Islamic, they have nothing to do with Islam, yada yada.
Also those "ethnic minority students" - (are they even Muslims?) do they sympathize with ISIS?  Why are they in a state of panic?

I am confused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwp8qKvE-0g

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-london-attack-islamic-terrorism-wrong-westminster-bridge-prime-minister-commons-a7645626.html

Theresa May, PM:
Quote“I absolutely agree, and it is wrong to describe this as ‘Islamic terrorism’,” she said.

“It is ‘Islamist terrorism’, it is a perversion of a great faith.”

There you are. Nothing to do with Islam. Glad this is cleared up.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on September 09, 2017, 12:38:36 PM
As I understand it, this is something Isis members planned on doing. To say this is a generalization of all Muslims is dodging the issue, since isis is an islamic oriented group, the same as other extremist groups are based on religious practices.

Calling out the evils of a group like Isis isn't making a generalization to an entire race, its making a clear matter of fact there is nothing good coming from that terror group.

Does anything good come from terrorism?  Yes - according to CIA

ISIS isn't Islamic?  Not when it is CIA sponsored, just like others like it, and its major predecessor that we can all remember on Monday.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Saying Isis isn't islamic is like saying water isn't wet. It's very foundation comes from religious dogma
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on September 09, 2017, 06:44:42 PM
Saying Isis isn't islamic is like saying water isn't wet. It's very foundation comes from religious dogma

And I agree with that, so long as you are also willing to concede that the vast majority of Muslims who are peaceful are also Islamic since their very foundation of the peaceful beliefs come from Islam by their own admission.

The problem is we want to say the violent and bigoted side we have a (rightful) agenda against is Islamic, but then when it comes to the peaceful, the charity heavy, the side that is frankly better than the average Christian or atheist we refuse to acknowledge that this goodness is also influenced by Islamic text, or even worse claim that Islam had nothing to do with it, therefor telling people that they don't actually know what they think and that we have a better understanding of their life, culture, and brain than they do.

The other problem is that we will only focus on the terrible few, while ignoring the average to wunderful many. I suppose my problem with pr actually does have far less to do with Islam, and more just his fascination with the hateful and the fearful. As I have said before, he is a coward who wants everyone to be cowardly like him, and it's a shame to see that mindset spread across the forum and across society as a whole because nothing good has ever come from it.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

@ Shiranu
May I remind you that the charity (zakat) in Islam is only for Muslims. Kuffar cannot benefit from it.
Christian charity is for anyone needy, irrespective of their religion, not just for Christians.

One more thing, the peaceful (Medinan) verses have been abrogated, superseded by later (Mekkan) more violent verses as  Allah  Muhammad has changed his mind.

If Muslims are "peaceful" it is in spite of Islam, not because of it.

“Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of God with their goods and their persons. God hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath God promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward” â€" Quran 4:95   

Coward?
How about Islamophobe, bigoted, racist, fascist, literally Hitler? You are too kind.

How would bravery manifest itself then?
By lying how wonderful Islam is and how peaceful Muslims are?

Indeed, the cowards keep on about Hurricane Irma while never mentioning all the good weather at all.
Strange that.

Shiranu

QuoteMay I remind you that the charity (zakat) in Islam is only for Muslims. Kuffar cannot benefit from it.

That's nice. May I also remind you that out of all religious groups, Muslims donate the most money per capita by far to charity, and many of those charities are cancer/heart/etc. (stereotypical health research charity groups) that don't benefit or exclude any group, while atheists make up the dead last in contribution?

Even if they aren't suppose to, which isn't Qu'ran-ically true, Muslims STILL do more because of their faith in terms of charity than atheists do out of our supposed, "We care more about humans because we have no religion!" sthick.

May I remind you of the Mosques in Houston that have opened their doors to everyone while the city sits under water, while big name Christians had to be arm twisted into helping the needy?

Strange that.

QuoteIf Muslims are "peaceful" it is in spite of Islam, not because of it.

And here we go... you are saying that you know what millions upon millions of people are "really" thinking, and that they couldn't possibly have a grasp on their own mind's better than you, because their reasoning doesn't match up with your notions of how they think.

That's is what's so annoying about you. It would be one thing if you were at least right... assholes who are right at least have that "cool" factor going on... but assholes who are wrong are just obnoxious.

QuoteCoward?

Yes. Chicken. Craven. Yellow Bellied. Gutless. Fraidy Cat.

QuoteHow would bravery manifest itself then?

Not acting like the end of Western civilization as we know it is going to be brought on by 6% of the population would be a step in the right direction.

QuoteIndeed, the cowards keep on about Hurricane Irma while never mentioning all the good weather at all.

You might actually be fucking retarded.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

Thank you for those kind words, Shiranu.

Shiranu

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on September 09, 2017, 06:44:42 PM

Which religion?  That Muslim nut cases should be America's bitch?  MK Ultra writ large?  We did that, with the help of Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, to the USSR, in its ill fated adventure in Afghanistan.  Couldn't happen to better people (any of them, not just the Soviets).  But America isn't virtuous, just the home team I root for.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Christian charity is for anyone needy, irrespective of their religion, not just for Christians."

History says this is how pre-Constantine Christians beat out the pre-Constantine Rabbinic Jews.  Both were charitable, but Jews focussed on their own (efficiency you know).  But then the anti-Semitism of those times was horrendous too.  Christians learned charity from Jews ... but being Gentiles, they had a bigger audience to work with.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.