News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Do not adjust your sets.

Started by pr126, September 08, 2017, 12:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on September 08, 2017, 10:32:21 PMDamn, I even liked that comment. Didn't realise how hypocritical it was :/.
Not all the time, but worryingly often the "I think for myself, I research for myself" people are liars.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen creationists or anti-vaxxers or conspiratards falsely claim to be rational, critical thinkers.

Everyone's a skeptic these days, especially people who aren't.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 08, 2017, 10:20:49 PM
Says the guy who takes pizzagate seriously.

I at least provided a link, at the time, in the Forbidden Zone ... to a supposed reveal by Rudy Juliani about Pizzagate.  I think I and everyone thought that it wasn't a real quote from Rudy Juliani.  Doesn't prove or disprove what it said though.

I really don't know what the completely evil D people or totally insane R people do in their spare time, too busy living my own life, thanks.  Just don't ask me again to vote with any of you for "least worst spawn of the Devil".  I am done with politics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on September 08, 2017, 10:32:21 PM
Damn, I even liked that comment. Didn't realise how hypocritical it was :/.

Hypocrites like broken clocks are right twice a day.  At one end you have the broken R arm, at the other end you have the broken D arm.

So ... if you don't do your own research ... you are getting your info directly from Pravda central?  But I don't think he really meant research, y'all are quibbling.  He comparison shops more than one false news source.  Do any of you actually go out an canvas 10,000 voters in person?  Didn't think so.  There are people who do ... and there are the others who sit on the can and complain about their piles.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

QuoteI really don't know what the completely evil D people or totally insane R people do in their spare time...

Not Pizzagate, for one. Though same cant be said for threatening to kill people over it...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

AllPurposeAtheist

Has anyone ever met anyone who claims to be too stupid to understand basic information? Probably not. Everyone believes themselves to be smarter than everyone else. You just don't hear of anyone who claims or brags that they'll buy just any old bullshit the media throws out for consumption.
I'm pretty much convinced that the average citizen really is too stupid to make an informed decision about much of anything much less elections.  After all, republicans keep getting elected and it's not because the average voter is really smart.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on September 09, 2017, 01:57:41 AM
Not Pizzagate, for one. Though same cant be said for threatening to kill people over it...

R=D=Saints ... oh, not the New Orleans football team then?  I think they do worse things than have sex with children, kill them, and eat them.  Humans are not Wynym.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on September 09, 2017, 03:39:06 AM
Has anyone ever met anyone who claims to be too stupid to understand basic information? Probably not. Everyone believes themselves to be smarter than everyone else. You just don't hear of anyone who claims or brags that they'll buy just any old bullshit the media throws out for consumption.
I'm pretty much convinced that the average citizen really is too stupid to make an informed decision about much of anything much less elections.  After all, republicans keep getting elected and it's not because the average voter is really smart.

Insanity ... redefined ... is voting for the same party again and again, and getting the same failures.  Party politics is even stupider than voting itself.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on September 09, 2017, 03:39:06 AM

But some people ARE too stupid to understand basic information, AREN"T smarter than most others, and DO buy most anything the advertisers offer.  There are whole TV channels DEDICATED to that idea.

A disclaimer.  A friend bought the Ginsi knives.  I tested them.  They were actually good and I bought them.  20 years later they are still good.

But I tested them first.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 11, 2017, 02:26:29 AM
But some people ARE too stupid to understand basic information, AREN"T smarter than most others, and DO buy most anything the advertisers offer.  There are whole TV channels DEDICATED to that idea.

A disclaimer.  A friend bought the Ginsi knives.  I tested them.  They were actually good and I bought them.  20 years later they are still good.

But I tested them first.

Ginsu ;-)  Ginsi is how you get, after you have accidentally cut yourself too many times with too sharp a knife.  A friend of mine in HS, gave a set to his mother.  She nearly cut her finger off accidentally.  Boy did he have live with guilt.  Of course she was the one misusing it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 11, 2017, 01:21:12 PM
Ginsu ;-)  Ginsi is how you get, after you have accidentally cut yourself too many times with too sharp a knife.  A friend of mine in HS, gave a set to his mother.  She nearly cut her finger off accidentally.  Boy did he have live with guilt.  Of course she was the one misusing it.

Seemed like the plural. 

I actually did the "tossing the tomato at it".  It cut it in half.  I love the ginsu knives for when serrated ones are appropriate.  Otherwise, I use my Tridents..  And I keep those sharp as razors...

Unbeliever

I just give my tomatoes a sharp look and they fall to pieces!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 11, 2017, 02:42:50 PM

Wedges or slices?

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 11, 2017, 02:42:50 PM

WTF ... are you really a mother?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 12, 2017, 07:10:25 AM
WTF ... are you really a mother?

It just takes a sharp knife.  Not even a Mother's glance will cut a tomato.