What date do you estimate atheism will overtake theism in the world population

Started by Coveny, September 07, 2017, 10:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coveny

Quote from: Cavebear on September 19, 2017, 10:02:13 AM
So you are suggesting we should shut down all the hospitals?  As that is ridiculous, so are the lethality claims.  They measure specific problems not applicble to the whole situation.

You asked for numbers, so I gave the ones I had. There was no suggestion on my part that we shut down hospitals, but on the "whole situation" aspect I will say we are not getting the health care we are paying for in the U.S.

If I would the dictator and could change things in the medical field it would be a massive change as I see problems with universal health care, our current system, and health care in every other country. But that's a completely different topic. :)
http://fordebating.com is now in beta.

We have 1v1 and 2v2 debates 2-6 round debates others vote on and will have up to 16-man tourneys working soon.

SGOS

I've been diagnosed and misdiagnosed, with a nod in favor of correctly diagnosed, three times avoiding death in critical situations.  I'm perhaps more prone to get the correct medial care in life threatening situations, and not a mirror of any statistical average.  Yeah, I know, it's an anecdote.  But perhaps I'm biased.

Cavebear

Quote from: Coveny on September 19, 2017, 10:16:22 AM
You asked for numbers, so I gave the ones I had. There was no suggestion on my part that we shut down hospitals, but on the "whole situation" aspect I will say we are not getting the health care we are paying for in the U.S.

If I would the dictator and could change things in the medical field it would be a massive change as I see problems with universal health care, our current system, and health care in every other country. But that's a completely different topic. :)

OK, granting that you would like to make changes in hospitals, so would I.  Start a thread.  Forums flow sometimes with interesting posts. I would like to hear more.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Coveny

I have a vacation coming up but I'll post something about what I see as the best medical system, and why I've chosen the various things I've chosen when I get back. (around Oct 6th) Sorry about the delay, but I don't want to post something and then be silent for over a week while I'm out of the country and may not have internet access.

We have 1v1 and 2v2 debates 2-6 round debates others vote on and will have up to 16-man tourneys working soon.

Cavebear

Quote from: Coveny on September 19, 2017, 02:34:32 PM
I have a vacation coming up but I'll post something about what I see as the best medical system, and why I've chosen the various things I've chosen when I get back. (around Oct 6th) Sorry about the delay, but I don't want to post something and then be silent for over a week while I'm out of the country and may not have internet access.

So... Canada, right?

Coveny

Nope. I see several flaws in universal health care as it's in use today.

Hydra009

Gawdzilla Sama

If people were really honest with themselves we'd already be there.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 19, 2017, 10:02:13 AM
So you are suggesting we should shut down all the hospitals?  As that is ridiculous, so are the lethality claims.  They measure specific problems not applicble to the whole situation.

That is the problem with statistics.  Totals don't reflect individual incidents.  Averages don't apply to anyone in particular.  But yes, nosocomial infection is real, and it is easier to get that at hospitals, and for children to get it at school.  Human beings are filthy animals, and being around sick seniors or sick children, is germ warfare.  But at the doctor's office you aren't in any particular danger, until she does a prostate exam on you (cough).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 19, 2017, 09:59:17 PM
That is the problem with statistics.  Totals don't reflect individual incidents.  Averages don't apply to anyone in particular.  But yes, nosocomial infection is real, and it is easier to get that at hospitals, and for children to get it at school.  Human beings are filthy animals, and being around sick seniors or sick children, is germ warfare.  But at the doctor's office you aren't in any particular danger, until she does a prostate exam on you (cough).

I had the misfortune to have a female doctor for my last physical exam (at the place you don't choose).  She was fine overall, no problems.  But at the point where she did (as she expressed in rather disgusted terms) "the male part" where a doctor normally pushes a testicle up into you and says "cough", she couldn't do it right.  No apparent knowledge of "the parts". 

I could tell she wasn't doing it right, and worse, being a woman doctor, she was required to have an observer.  A young female receptionist.  A difficult intersection of culture and inexperience all around.  I even volunteered to help, but...

Speaking of prostate exam, I learned the best way for it to be done from a Public Health Service doctor at work.  You lie on your side on the table, knees drawn up.  No pressure.

Hope that wasn't TMI.  LOL!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2017, 05:31:23 AM
I had the misfortune to have a female doctor for my last physical exam (at the place you don't choose).  She was fine overall, no problems.  But at the point where she did (as she expressed in rather disgusted terms) "the male part" where a doctor normally pushes a testicle up into you and says "cough", she couldn't do it right.  No apparent knowledge of "the parts". 

I could tell she wasn't doing it right, and worse, being a woman doctor, she was required to have an observer.  A young female receptionist.  A difficult intersection of culture and inexperience all around.  I even volunteered to help, but...

Speaking of prostate exam, I learned the best way for it to be done from a Public Health Service doctor at work.  You lie on your side on the table, knees drawn up.  No pressure.

Hope that wasn't TMI.  LOL!

I had a similar experience, with a young woman doctor (and her female observer).  I had retained urine in case I needed to provide a specimen ... unfortunately the pressure of the test was too great, and the wait here until the doctor is done with you was too long, and I messed myself and their floor before I could get to the lavatory.  It wasn't an auspicious first visit, but it got better.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2017, 03:24:15 PM
I had a similar experience, with a young woman doctor (and her female observer).  I had retained urine in case I needed to provide a specimen ... unfortunately the pressure of the test was too great, and the wait here until the doctor is done with you was too long, and I messed myself and their floor before I could get to the lavatory.  It wasn't an auspicious first visit, but it got better.

My profound sympathy!  My problem was that I unthinkingly "went" before the visit, so I had to drink some water and sit around for a while to deliver a sample. 

The good thing is that they are probably used to dealing with bodily fluid problems.  You were probably more upset than they were.  I'll suggest that it wasn't their first time...