News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Getting tired of Trumpets and Flat Earthers

Started by Coveny, September 07, 2017, 06:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Coveny on September 07, 2017, 08:16:18 PM
The first general contractor started then wouldn't return phone calls. The second one said he really wanted the job then three weeks later admitted he took another job, and didn't feel like I was paying him enough for the work he hadn't done. The third one had recommendations hasn't even been hired yet, but hasn't returned my phone call in almost a week now. So I may be looking for number four in the near future...

Sounds like general contractors are in charge of the planet.  Do you ever consider checking Better Business Bureau or on-line sources for customer complaints against contractors?  A friend of mine didn't look, but should have.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 07, 2017, 09:15:43 PM
What am I , chopped liver.  LOL!

Bear steak.  But they prefer bear paws in China.  If we see you someday, without hands and feet, we know you have visited China ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Coveny

Quote from: Baruch on September 08, 2017, 07:03:08 AM
Sounds like general contractors are in charge of the planet.  Do you ever consider checking Better Business Bureau or on-line sources for customer complaints against contractors?  A friend of mine didn't look, but should have.

My options were limited. The first contractor was just a guy off craigslist that didn't have a business. The second contractor had a business, but the reviews were mixed. I assume at this point I think it was because he would take jobs that paid better/liked better and ignore the projects he didn't so different people had different experiences with him. The third contractor was a referral who when I contacted him didn't seem that interested. With Irma coming up the coast it's going to make it even more difficult to get a contractor to come out and do the work I fear.
http://fordebating.com is now in beta.

We have 1v1 and 2v2 debates 2-6 round debates others vote on and will have up to 16-man tourneys working soon.

Baruch

Quote from: Coveny on September 08, 2017, 07:32:31 AM
My options were limited. The first contractor was just a guy off craigslist that didn't have a business. The second contractor had a business, but the reviews were mixed. I assume at this point I think it was because he would take jobs that paid better/liked better and ignore the projects he didn't so different people had different experiences with him. The third contractor was a referral who when I contacted him didn't seem that interested. With Irma coming up the coast it's going to make it even more difficult to get a contractor to come out and do the work I fear.

Check the legal docket too ... my friend's general contractor had a long list of unresolved complaints against him, including not paying off the sub-contractors.  Warning, warning ... Will Robinson!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Coveny on September 08, 2017, 07:32:31 AM

I am sorry to say that with Irma, bidding for contractors is probably going to be damn near impossible for a couple years...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Coveny

Yes Irma is going to make this whole situation that much worse for me. :(

We have 1v1 and 2v2 debates 2-6 round debates others vote on and will have up to 16-man tourneys working soon.

Cavebear

Quote from: Coveny on September 11, 2017, 10:47:03 PM
Yes Irma is going to make this whole situation that much worse for me. :(

May be a DIY time for a while...

Coveny

Quote from: Cavebear on September 14, 2017, 01:20:50 AM
May be a DIY time for a while...

I'm to old for that s***. My mother found a guy in AR who's interested in moving into one of the units and reno'ing while he lives in Starke FL. He says he needs two weeks, but they've been open for four months at this point so what's a couple more weeks. He'll be contractor #4. :(

Cavebear

Quote from: Coveny on September 14, 2017, 07:46:51 AM
I'm to old for that s***. My mother found a guy in AR who's interested in moving into one of the units and reno'ing while he lives in Starke FL. He says he needs two weeks, but they've been open for four months at this point so what's a couple more weeks. He'll be contractor #4. :(

You can always hope.  And advertise a "fixer-upper"  There are fools everywhere..