News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Getting tired of Trumpets and Flat Earthers

Started by Coveny, September 07, 2017, 06:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coveny

So here recently I've had a string of debates on Facebook with trump supporters and flat earthers and I decided to take a break from the theist insanity and have some intelligent conversations. I'm new so the thing to do is introduce myself. Jobs done. :)

I watch a fair amount TV, but don't read like I use to. I work in IT as a consulting doing Exchange/O365 and Networking. I enjoy science and some of my favorite topics are batteries and alternate energy sources, but I find stuff like wasp venom and nano delivery systems that curing cancer fascinating as well. This include hydro and geothermal which don't seem to get the love they deserves IMO. I also enjoy gaming but I'm holding off on that right now. Still playing a card game called War of Omens, but work on my retirement plan of an 8 unit apartment complex took up all my free time for the last month or so and I stopped playing Black Desert Online. (that game is a huge time sink..) I've played World of Tanks/Warships. Love the Total War series. Played some league of legends but quit when I started playing BDO. (might be going back ARAM and no ranked in the near future) On a humorous note I named my two havanese Teemo and Galio. Was going to debate.org but it's just so buggy now, so I started going to debate island but they've set flat earthers as moderators for the earth science and they just delete my posts when I disagree with them. As I've finally recovered from the housing bubble bursting in 2006 I decided to hire some developers to create ForDebating for me, but the delays are worse than the contractor problems I'm having with my apartment complex. I've almost come to the conclusion no one does what they say they are going to do/their job anymore. It's frustrating, so I figured I'd try some atheist forums and see if that leads to a better quality of discussion.

So hit me up if any of that sounds interesting, and I look forward to getting to know ya.  :azn:
http://fordebating.com is now in beta.

We have 1v1 and 2v2 debates 2-6 round debates others vote on and will have up to 16-man tourneys working soon.

Baruch

General contractor?  Not too admiral ;-)

IT support here, but soon to retire.  Nobody here is a Trump supporter.  Quite a few were Hillary or Bernie supporters.  I hate both R/D fakes ... Gary Johnson voter last time.  There is a lot of intelligence here, but also deep sarcasm and cynicism.

Welcome.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 07, 2017, 06:41:26 PM
General contractor?  Not too admiral ;-)

IT support here, but soon to retire.  Nobody here is a Trump supporter.  Quite a few were Hillary or Bernie supporters.  I hate both R/D fakes ... Gary Johnson voter last time.  There is a lot of intelligence here, but also deep sarcasm and cynicism.

Welcome.

Mostly on your part...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Coveny

The first general contractor started then wouldn't return phone calls. The second one said he really wanted the job then three weeks later admitted he took another job, and didn't feel like I was paying him enough for the work he hadn't done. The third one had recommendations hasn't even been hired yet, but hasn't returned my phone call in almost a week now. So I may be looking for number four in the near future...

We have 1v1 and 2v2 debates 2-6 round debates others vote on and will have up to 16-man tourneys working soon.

Hydra009

Quote from: Coveny on September 07, 2017, 06:34:32 PMI've played World of Tanks/Warships.
I loved those games!  Loved me some tier 2 light tanks and USA cruisers.  Cleveland with full AA = aerial annihilation.

Unfortunately, a lot of real life stuff has kept me from indulging in long gaming binges as much as I used to.

QuoteIt's frustrating, so I figured I'd try some atheist forums and see if that leads to a better quality of discussion.
Eh, I dunno if we can help you there.  I think we have a couple people whose political opinions are *cough* unique, but I dunno if you're going to get a decent debate out of them.  You might want to keep a couple Tylenol on hand, regardless.

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 07, 2017, 08:36:30 PM
I loved those games!  Loved me some tier 2 light tanks and USA cruisers.  Cleveland with full AA = aerial annihilation.

Unfortunately, a lot of real life stuff has kept me from indulging in long gaming binges as much as I used to.
Eh, I dunno if we can help you there.  I think we have a couple people whose political opinions are *cough* unique, but I dunno if you're going to get a decent debate out of them.  You might want to keep a couple Tylenol on hand, regardless.

I am more into Civilization 2.  But the idea is the same.  Play well but not frantically.

Cavebear

Quote from: Coveny on September 07, 2017, 08:16:18 PM
The first general contractor started then wouldn't return phone calls. The second one said he really wanted the job then three weeks later admitted he took another job, and didn't feel like I was paying him enough for the work he hadn't done. The third one had recommendations hasn't even been hired yet, but hasn't returned my phone call in almost a week now. So I may be looking for number four in the near future...

I understand.  I arranged for a brush-cutting guy and he decided not to bother at the last minute.

Mike Cl

Welcome, Coveny.  Don't listen to those other yahoos--they are all a little 'off'.  Well, Hydra is off, but in a sane sort of way--Baruch is just 'off' in just about any way one can be.  And me--I'm not off, because I was never on.  I do like games, but of the RP type--Skyrim, Fallout 4 (3 and NV) and Oblivion--that sort.  Or board games of all types--so if you find you are in my neighborhood, drop in for a game or two. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 07, 2017, 09:12:08 PM
Welcome, Coveny.  Don't listen to those other yahoos--they are all a little 'off'.  Well, Hydra is off, but in a sane sort of way--Baruch is just 'off' in just about any way one can be.  And me--I'm not off, because I was never on.  I do like games, but of the RP type--Skyrim, Fallout 4 (3 and NV) and Oblivion--that sort.  Or board games of all types--so if you find you are in my neighborhood, drop in for a game or two.

What am I , chopped liver.  LOL!

Coveny

Quote from: Cavebear on September 07, 2017, 08:57:59 PM
I understand.  I arranged for a brush-cutting guy and he decided not to bother at the last minute.

SO annoying. If you don't want to work then don't waste me time...

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on September 07, 2017, 09:15:43 PM
What am I , chopped liver.  LOL!
If you were, I'd not like you.  Even the dogs leave that alone! 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

Greetings, newcomer. I too am tired of idiot Trump supporters. But it seems we'll just have to tolerate them for the next eight years or so. Then they can flip their script like the total hypocrites that they are, and complain about the kind of mustard the next Democrat President likes.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 08, 2017, 12:02:52 AM
Greetings, newcomer. I too am tired of idiot Trump supporters. But it seems we'll just have to tolerate them for the next eight years or so. Then they can flip their script like the total hypocrites that they are, and complain about the kind of mustard the next Democrat President likes.
I'm just waiting for the day they say they never liked The Donald in the first place, like they did with Iraq.  If they had principles worth anything, they'd probably end up pawning them.

Sal1981

Hi. I play an MMO called RuneScape. I've never played any of those games you mentioned in OP.