Democrats dread Hillary's book tour

Started by SGOS, September 07, 2017, 08:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/07/hillary-clinton-book-tour-democrats-242419

I guess I would be mildly interested on her thoughts about losing the election, not enough to buy her book, but enough to listen to a few reports and reviews.  What I would be more interested in would be a book by Bernie Sanders who in all honesty, I don't know that much about.  I don't think there is much to be gained by getting to know more about Hillary.  Her name will be recognizable for years to come, but politically she would be a distraction from here on.  She would be the distraction the steals a bit of limelight from the shoe-in.

I have to wonder about the title of the thread, which happens to be the title of the article it's based on.  I was surprised by the title, and surprised at some of the responses from Democrats, which seemed at best to be less than polite.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on September 07, 2017, 08:23:43 AM
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/07/hillary-clinton-book-tour-democrats-242419

I guess I would be mildly interested on her thoughts about losing the election, not enough to buy her book, but enough to listen to a few reports and reviews.  What I would be more interested in would be a book by Bernie Sanders who in all honesty, I don't know that much about.  I don't think there is much to be gained by getting to know more about Hillary.  Her name will be recognizable for years to come, but politically she would be a distraction from here on.  She would be the distraction the steals a bit of limelight from the shoe-in.

I have to wonder about the title of the thread, which happens to be the title of the article it's based on.  I was surprised by the title, and surprised at some of the responses from Democrats, which seemed at best to be less than polite.

I like Hillary; I like Bernie.  Nearly any democrat is better than any republican, and I'm not even a real democrat.  Just go for anyone slightly left of center for lack of alternatives.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Like Bernie, hate Hillary.  The Clinton Gang has screwed the Democrat Party for 30 years now.  The real Democrats need to quote Oliver Cromwell ..

It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place,
which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice.

Ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government.

Ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess?

Ye have no more religion than my horse. Gold is your God. Which of you have not bartered your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defiled this sacred place, and turned the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices?

Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation. You were deputed here by the people to get grievances redressed, are yourselves become the greatest grievance.

Your country therefore calls upon me to cleanse this Augean stable, by putting a final period to your iniquitous proceedings in this House; and which by God's help, and the strength he has given me, I am now come to do.

I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place.

Go, get you out! Make haste! Ye venal slaves be gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 07, 2017, 06:31:53 PM
Like Bernie, hate Hillary.  The Clinton Gang has screwed the Democrat Party for 30 years now.  The real Democrats need to quote Oliver Cromwell ..

I don't live or die by Clinton, Biden, Obama, or Sanders.  I just want a leader who's main goal isn't to support the 1%, the corporations, or the neo-Nazis.

trdsf

I'm a Democrat, and I don't dread the book tour.  Would the MSM be running comparable articles had Asshole not gotten in by a quirk of the Electoral College and had written a book (or more accurately, had had one ghost-written) about his loss?  I think not.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on September 07, 2017, 07:39:23 PM
I'm a Democrat, and I don't dread the book tour.  Would the MSM be running comparable articles had Asshole not gotten in by a quirk of the Electoral College and had written a book (or more accurately, had had one ghost-written) about his loss?  I think not.

If the Trumphole had lost, no one would care about him.  The bizzareness is that he won..

Drew_2017

The first time I heard the title of the book (I know I'm aging myself) it reminded me of the I love Lucy series in which on many occasions Ricky would come and find the house in total disarray or Lucy covered in flour and with a heavy Spanish accent say, 'What Happened?'.

We all know what happened. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Both candidates are terribly flawed human beings with all sorts of negatives. However one of the candidates had a message, the other seemed to think things are going good and that's what happened!

I believe if Rubio had been nominated he would have trounced Hillary, Trump was handed on a silver platter and she just coasted.

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

Cavebear

Quote from: Drew_2017 on September 07, 2017, 08:50:19 PM
The first time I heard the title of the book (I know I'm aging myself) it reminded me of the I love Lucy series in which on many occasions Ricky would come and find the house in total disarray or Lucy covered in flour and with a heavy Spanish accent say, 'What Happened?'.

We all know what happened. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Both candidates are terribly flawed human beings with all sorts of negatives. However one of the candidates had a message, the other seemed to think things are going good and that's what happened!

I believe if Rubio had been nominated he would have trounced Hillary, Trump was handed on a silver platter and she just coasted.

Do you think Clinton would have led the nation WORSE?

Drew_2017

Quote from: Cavebear on September 07, 2017, 08:54:29 PM

Assuming the R's controlled the house and the senate Hillary would be incapable of doing much of anything and she would be under continued and perpetual investigations. I would be worse than gridlock. 

You're assuming I think Trump is doing a horrible job. Politically he's terrible. He hasn't learned the mumble jumble politicians use to talk out of both sides of their mouth and talk much while saying nothing.

On Russia- Though he's supposedly in cahoots with the Russians relationships have grown cold. Is that good?
-N. Korea -He is applying leadership to a situation last two administrations fumbled on.
Hurricanes. - Everyone in government appears to be handling these situations better. He and the First Lady did well. 
Obama Care- Total disaster
Major Bills-None
In spite of all the frothing at the mouth by the left leaning news I don't think Trump is a racist or a white supremacist. He's not politically or PC astute.

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

Cavebear

Quote from: Drew_2017 on September 07, 2017, 09:19:45 PM
Assuming the R's controlled the house and the senate Hillary would be incapable of doing much of anything and she would be under continued and perpetual investigations. I would be worse than gridlock. 

You're assuming I think Trump is doing a horrible job. Politically he's terrible. He hasn't learned the mumble jumble politicians use to talk out of both sides of their mouth and talk much while saying nothing.

On Russia- Though he's supposedly in cahoots with the Russians relationships have grown cold. Is that good?
-N. Korea -He is applying leadership to a situation last two administrations fumbled on.
Hurricanes. - Everyone in government appears to be handling these situations better. He and the First Lady did well. 
Obama Care- Total disaster
Major Bills-None
In spite of all the frothing at the mouth by the left leaning news I don't think Trump is a racist or a white supremacist. He's not politically or PC astute.

Wow!  Do you think everything fact-checked against Trump is "fake news"?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drew_2017 on September 07, 2017, 09:19:45 PM

There you go using that word again--think--something you clearly just don't know how to do.  No wonder you think Drump is doing a good job.  How you can admire a man who grabs women by the pussy (and brags about it) and doesn't pay the little guys who work for him, is beyond me.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: Drew_2017 on September 07, 2017, 09:19:45 PMHe hasn't learned the mumble jumble politicians use to talk out of both sides of their mouth and talk much while saying nothing.
In his case, saying nothing would probably be an upgrade.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 07, 2017, 07:30:10 PM
I don't live or die by Clinton, Biden, Obama, or Sanders.  I just want a leader who's main goal isn't to support the 1%, the corporations, or the neo-Nazis.

I agree.  And not support the feral collegians.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 07, 2017, 07:44:21 PM
If the Trumphole had lost, no one would care about him.  The bizzareness is that he won..

Thanks the Intel agencies (yes, for many of us, you have an Intel CPU ... coincidence?  I think not!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 07, 2017, 08:54:29 PM

Yes.  Not that it matters .. also ... not everyone here is from the US.  Please refer to the US directly, not assuming we are all Americans here.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.