News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hurricane Irma

Started by Hydra009, September 06, 2017, 11:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on September 13, 2017, 09:44:50 AM
Enough for the army to pay KRS to keep a full-time archaeologist on the island. I was pretty busy while I was and didn't get to see a lot including taking the WWII tour, but a lot of the buildings have display cases with war related artifacts on display. WWII wreck diving is a thing there too.
Damn. Missed that one. I made Peleliu and some other islands, including Iwo.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on September 13, 2017, 08:47:10 AM
Just made it back from Kwaj yesterday afternoon.

Has @aitm checked in lately? He is in Melbourn, and I'm wondering how he fared.

My brother is headed back home to Melbourn this afternoon. His neighbor sent him some pictures of his house there. He is going to need a new roof.
Made it through spectacularly, still trying to drink all the hurricane beer so I can get new "non" hurricane beer...yeah...it is that important.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: aitm on September 13, 2017, 03:02:39 PM
Made it through spectacularly, still trying to drink all the hurricane beer so I can get new "non" hurricane beer...yeah...it is that important.

Good deal. Recommend a good roofing company?
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

aitm

I cannot. I don't do business with residential.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: aitm on September 13, 2017, 07:16:25 PM
I cannot. I don't do business with residential.

It was worth a shot...

Cavebear

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on September 13, 2017, 09:12:24 PM
It was worth a shot...

Anyone with plywood and shingles is now a qualified roofer in FL.  Sadly...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Cavebear on September 14, 2017, 04:26:43 AM
Anyone with plywood and shingles is now a qualified roofer in FL.  Sadly...

That's what I'm worried about. Before I left Kwaj the prime sent a crane to the worksite to lift our equipment out of the tank. When it showed up it was followed by a big flatbed truck and a forklift who's sole purpose was to lift the large rubber pads the crane's extendable feet sat on out of the flatbed. The forklift operator told me his 12-month contract was up in a few days. He was planning on heading back to the states to go to Texas and get a job in the Houston area fixing homes damaged by the flooding. He might be qualified/give a shit. He might not. Either way, I'm sure a bunch of people will be heading to Texas and Florida with a plan to fleece people doing shoddy and/or non-existent repairs. Texas, in particular, will probably be ripe with this type as I don't believe the state has any much in the way of local licensing/insurance requirements for residential construction contractors.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on September 14, 2017, 06:03:06 AM
That's what I'm worried about. Before I left Kwaj the prime sent a crane to the worksite to lift our equipment out of the tank. When it showed up it was followed by a big flatbed truck and a forklift who's sole purpose was to lift the large rubber pads the crane's extendable feet sat on out of the flatbed. The forklift operator told me his 12-month contract was up in a few days. He was planning on heading back to the states to go to Texas and get a job in the Houston area fixing homes damaged by the flooding. He might be qualified/give a shit. He might not. Either way, I'm sure a bunch of people will be heading to Texas and Florida with a plan to fleece people doing shoddy and/or non-existent repairs. Texas, in particular, will probably be ripe with this type as I don't believe the state has any much in the way of local licensing/insurance requirements for residential construction contractors.
Yeah, proving that they know what they're doing is a liberal plot to steal our freedom! And our guns.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 14, 2017, 06:53:45 AM
Yeah, proving that they know what they're doing is a liberal plot to steal our freedom! And our guns.

Sometimes I'm not sure who is crazier; you or Baruch.

aitm

Quote from: Cavebear on September 14, 2017, 08:18:59 AM
Sometimes I'm not sure who is crazier; you or Baruch.

c'mon, it ain't even close....

Cavebear

Quote from: aitm on September 14, 2017, 09:53:57 AM
c'mon, it ain't even close....

That isn't exactly a statement.  Declare please?

Gawdzilla Sama

I mock the hard right line. You may not have noticed that.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 14, 2017, 10:49:03 AM
I mock the hard right line. You may not have noticed that.

Ah, asked Aitm about all ass-tatements...

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on September 14, 2017, 10:52:51 AM
Ah, asked Aitm about all ass-tatements...
I would but I'd have to buy him a drink first?
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 14, 2017, 11:53:44 AM
I would but I'd have to buy him a drink first?

Draw da dude da drink, dink...