News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hurricane Irma

Started by Hydra009, September 06, 2017, 11:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 14, 2017, 05:20:54 PM
The helmet was a gift from a visiting professor while I was at Purdue.

Special gift.  wear it well.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on September 14, 2017, 05:23:03 PM
A young you? Shorts were a gift from some nurses...
Oh, you mean the pic from Loquillo Beach. I'd forgotten I posted that.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 14, 2017, 12:08:11 PM
Seriously, however, I'm a spiderweb thinker. Everything leads in several directions and there's seldom as many as six degrees of separation. Benny Goodman, Benny Hinn, Benny Hill, all flash like strobes.
Well, then, make mine Benny Hill.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 14, 2017, 01:53:38 PM
Going off in all directions, right?

You get the gold ring.  But not the marriage proposal ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 14, 2017, 05:20:54 PM
The helmet was a gift from a visiting professor while I was at Purdue.

That is more serious than a tin foil hat ... figures.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

fencerider

gawdzilla not crazy

I think he's competing with aitm for top comedian. ... maybe its the smart alek kid avatar that helps.
I know it helps aitm. ( I've seen enough movies with a talking dog that I can picture the old boxer beltin out aitm's comments in a deep gravelly voice)
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on September 15, 2017, 01:13:11 AM
gawdzilla not crazy

I think he's competing with aitm for top comedian. ... maybe its the smart alek kid avatar that helps.
I know it helps aitm. ( I've seen enough movies with a talking dog that I can picture the old boxer beltin out aitm's comments in a deep gravelly voice)

I have to smile at that.  When I see aitm post, I can't help thinking "woofie".  No offense to dogs or aitm (whom I respect) but I see an avatar and I think of the avatar.

Sorginak

Survived Irma's category two long windedness as she made her way past me. 

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Sorginak on September 22, 2017, 09:20:41 AM
Survived Irma's category two long windedness as she made her way past me. 
Well done! Lose much in the process?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Sorginak

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 22, 2017, 09:59:48 AM
Well done! Lose much in the process?

Just the power for over a day and the internet for a week.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Sorginak on September 22, 2017, 10:01:41 AM
Just the power for over a day and the internet for a week.
Very good, much better than many.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 22, 2017, 11:10:33 AM
Very good, much better than many.

I lost my heat pump A/C for day a whole day in August a few years ago and it was miserable.  I'm a temperature wimp.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2017, 03:23:46 AM
I lost my heat pump A/C for day a whole day in August a few years ago and it was miserable.  I'm a temperature wimp.
I have an internet friend who lives in an abandoned opal mine. He says the temperature is quite agreeable without any mechanical assistance. Considering that this is Australia and the surface temp is routinely in triple digits I wonder if he's relativizing on me.
PZ Myers

Sorginak

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2017, 03:23:46 AM

It was definitely hot during that day of no power/air conditioning, but I managed by opening the windows.  Since the storm had just passed, we were still receiving cool winds, which helped to deal with the heat.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 23, 2017, 08:09:39 AM
I have an internet friend who lives in an abandoned opal mine. He says the temperature is quite agreeable without any mechanical assistance. Considering that this is Australia and the surface temp is routinely in triple digits I wonder if he's relativizing on me.

The temperature in most of the caves I've been in around here runs in the high 50s to low 60s. That's sweater weather for me. I imagine someplace like your buddy's mine in an area with a higher average annual surface temperature would probably be quite nice. Maybe in the upper 60s or even low 70s.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.