Democrat psychopathy in the headlines ...

Started by Baruch, September 09, 2017, 02:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on September 24, 2017, 01:27:21 PM
Your knowledge of law and current medical practice is deficient.  There is evidence, if it is examined soon.  Statute of limitations is a legal concept, not a scientific one.  It is unfortunate the Zeus doesn't zap rapists from Mt Olympus (oops, he was overly fond of human women).  It is a shame there is no afterlife to torture bad people forever (I assume you are atheist).  And yes, it takes a lot for a rape victim (which includes men) to step forward.  The process today tries to make that easier than in the misogynistic past (and yes, we are still misogynist anyway).  How many guilty people get off ... and not just for rape?  Why not execute people, on mere assertion of the State or an accuser?

I mentioned the prison rape thing, because that is where most rapes are happening, on a daily basis.  Shouldn't happen there, shouldn't happen anywhere.  As a guy, that is the location I am most likely to be raped.  Excuse me for being self centered.
You continue to just blather on instead of listening.

It's FALSE that there is always or even usually physical evidence. Rape is about consent, or lack thereof. That is quite often not supported by physical evidence, and comes down often to his word against hers.

And I know the statute of limitations is a legal concept. I do not believe I said otherwise.

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on September 24, 2017, 02:41:57 PM
You continue to just blather on instead of listening.

It's FALSE that there is always or even usually physical evidence. Rape is about consent, or lack thereof. That is quite often not supported by physical evidence, and comes down often to his word against hers.

And I know the statute of limitations is a legal concept. I do not believe I said otherwise.

OK, I have listened.  And I know about consent, and how difficult it is for the people themselves to interpret it, let alone a judge or jury.  A no-win situation.  I don't support casual sex, let alone non-consensual sex.  And I am of an age, I simply don't want a sex partner anymore, so it is a nothing-burger for me.  I don't think that people should do anything without a signed contract, gone over by two independent attorneys.  In that case, only attorneys will have babies, but that is fine by me.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 21, 2017, 06:56:48 AM
Bad men have been doing the same pickup lines for centuries.  But there is circumstantial evidence perhaps.  Give me a chemical analysis of the drinks the women drank.  But can you convict this kind of offense on circumstantial evidence?  Are you privy to the trial, or the jury deliberations?  Just trial in the public opinion ... mob rule.  Just as I would also dismiss the other alternative, of blaming the victim (as often happens in such cases).  We really don't know.  Thinking we know just reveals our own prejudices. 

Drugs are not a pick-up line.  And being unable to say "no" is not "yes".

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 28, 2017, 01:40:13 AM
Drugs are not a pick-up line.  And being unable to say "no" is not "yes".

I agree.  Simply don't pick up people in bars, or let yourself be picked up.  Better yet, don't visit bars.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 28, 2017, 07:34:49 PM
I agree.  Simply don't pick up people in bars, or let yourself be picked up.  Better yet, don't visit bars.

The last time I was in a bar was 30 years ago.  There, with 2 friends, a woman came over and said "when you've finished your drink, come over and ask me to dance."

A few thoughts crossed my mind.  First, "Why me"; I'm average and my friends were dressed better and quite frankly, more attractive.  Second, "why didn't she just ask me to dance"?  Third, several guys had been crowding her table (she had attractive friends too).   Fourth, I'm a lousy disco dancer.  I could do the Charleston, the Foxtrot, and the Waltz, but I was pretty sure she didn't want to do those. 

So after 5 minutes, as a new song started, I went over and asked.  I went out and flailed mildly like an idiot and she wasn't impressed.  Surprise surprise.

On the other hand, I was on travel to Ft Worth a few years later, and another set of friends dragged me along (mostly to hold the table, I assume) They immediately joined a table with a couple ladies saying (surprise) "hold the table".  The place was too busy for that, so I stood at a corner looking grumpy.

A lady at the table nearby suddenly asked if I ever smiled.  Well, I smiled, and she just stared.  Apparently, I do have a good smile... :) We danced and she could even waltz to a Texas 2 step.  Eventually, we were ignoring the music.  One thing led to another.  Thank you Ft Worth...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2017, 04:10:19 AM
The last time I was in a bar was 30 years ago.  There, with 2 friends, a woman came over and said "when you've finished your drink, come over and ask me to dance."

A few thoughts crossed my mind.  First, "Why me"; I'm average and my friends were dressed better and quite frankly, more attractive.  Second, "why didn't she just ask me to dance"?  Third, several guys had been crowding her table (she had attractive friends too).   Fourth, I'm a lousy disco dancer.  I could do the Charleston, the Foxtrot, and the Waltz, but I was pretty sure she didn't want to do those. 

So after 5 minutes, as a new song started, I went over and asked.  I went out and flailed mildly like an idiot and she wasn't impressed.  Surprise surprise.

On the other hand, I was on travel to Ft Worth a few years later, and another set of friends dragged me along (mostly to hold the table, I assume) They immediately joined a table with a couple ladies saying (surprise) "hold the table".  The place was too busy for that, so I stood at a corner looking grumpy.

A lady at the table nearby suddenly asked if I ever smiled.  Well, I smiled, and she just stared.  Apparently, I do have a good smile... :) We danced and she could even waltz to a Texas 2 step.  Eventually, we were ignoring the music.  One thing led to another.  Thank you Ft Worth...

Texas is simply better ;-)  So you acted as a semi-gay beard for straight men?  Cool.  Did you even have a beard at the time?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 01, 2017, 04:10:01 PM
Texas is simply better ;-)  So you acted as a semi-gay beard for straight men?  Cool.  Did you even have a beard at the time?

"Semi-gay beard for straight men"?  That doesn't even make any sense.  But then, that seldom bothers you.