Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

310 Miles on a Charge at $44,000

Started by SGOS, July 30, 2017, 06:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 31, 2017, 09:29:09 PM
Baruch likes being sanctimonious.
I wouldn't know. Put him on my ignore list long ago.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Baruch

Quote from: Johan on August 01, 2017, 06:15:13 AM
I wouldn't know. Put him on my ignore list long ago.

Your loss, my gain ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 30, 2017, 09:27:37 PM
The first guy to prove cross country in the US was Lt Eisenhower.

Interesting.  Tell us about that.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 31, 2017, 10:40:35 AM
http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/in-1919-dwight-d-eisenhower-suffered-through-historys-worst-cross-country-road-trip

Correction in 1919 ... he was a Major, not a Lieutenant ... and not the Lt Col claimed in the article.

What do you mean by "prove cross country"?  I don't care if he was a major or a Lt.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2017, 11:49:30 AM
What do you mean by "prove cross country"?  I don't care if he was a major or a Lt.

He got credit, not the other guys ... that it could be done.  Because of who he was later.  Typical Army.  If one of the other guys on the expedition had become famous, became President, authorized the interstate highway system ... she would have gotten credit ;-)  Maybe it was his wife's idea for him to go?  Maybe he was just trying to spend time away from her?  Before 1919, except for trains, you couldn't get from coast to coast overland by motor vehicle.  Their expedition barely made it as it was.  Conestoga wagons don't count.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 31, 2017, 01:01:02 PM
He got credit, not the other guys ... that it could be done.  Because of who he was later.  Typical Army.  If one of the other guys on the expedition had become famous, became President, authorized the interstate highway system ... she would have gotten credit ;-)  Maybe it was his wife's idea for him to go?  Maybe he was just trying to spend time away from her?  Before 1919, except for trains, you couldn't get from coast to coast overland by motor vehicle.  Their expedition barely made it as it was.  Conestoga wagons don't count.

No, I mean I don't understand what "prove cross country" means.  You have to enlighten me on that one.  I know what Eisenhower did as President you *%#*  LOL!!

Unbeliever

Quote from: Atheon on July 30, 2017, 07:34:47 AM
One plausible solution to long charges is swapping out batteries at fuel stations.
The real solution is to have solar-powered cars - coming soon to a road near you!

http://inhabitat.com/tag/solar-powered-car/

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 31, 2017, 02:46:01 PM
The real solution is to have solar-powered cars - coming soon to a road near you!

http://inhabitat.com/tag/solar-powered-car/

Too cloudy here and I like to drive at night using a car kept in the garage.  Waiting for fuel cells.  Swappable would be good though.