News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

HBA In house, one week.....party on!

Started by baddogma, June 13, 2013, 06:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hillbillyatheist

The link will be posted but it will have to wait till I get home.

Apparently I can't post YouTube videos from my iPhone on this forum any longer, I tried [youtube] and [video] and others and none work.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

Brian37

HB we have known each other for years and I think it is ok to joke about stereotypes when it is done to make fun of those who hold absurd stereotypes as an "inside joke".

Like when I welcome other atheists here with "Be sure to barbecue kittens" as a way of making fun of the stupid fear theists have of atheists.

The truth of music as an industry is much like science, the higher up you go and the more trained you are, the wider your knowledge is of all music and the more acceptance you have.

In Metallica's S&M album they play with the San Francisco Orchestra, it has build up documentary shots leading to the actual concert with outside shots of the venue of uber right wing nuts protesting the music outside the venue. But on stage before the concert they have music master degree college educated violin players asking for autographs from the band members.

I certianly raz you tons about your "redneckdom", but as I said before, I'd be more than proud to watch you on stage singing an atheist banjo song live.

And what you confirm that I have always thought, even before I met you, is that we really are the same species, and you blew away some of my own needless stereotypes which needed to be shot down.

And it pisses me off in my real life especially, to see other minorities, who were once oppressed, turn around and express the same bigotry that was once aimed at them, such as gays and atheists and even Muslims and Mexicans.

The truth is that our species never seems to learn the bigger picture long term. We allow tribalism to rule us and fear of the outsider to cause division.

Theists may not understand that Ann Frank, and Martin Luther King and Malala, are my heros, not because of their religions, but because the represent all human struggle in our entire history. If I could have known them I still would have argued that their respective god/s were never real. But it still would not change that oppression hurts humanity no matter who is doing it to who or why.

However, I do always warn atheists not to pull "the virtue of the oppressed", which is what humans unfortunately do. "When we get in the majority we will treat you better" forgetting that that is not a given. We have lots of human history where once the oppressed become the oppressor.

We cannot escape that we have different politics and religions. But we all stem from the same evolution. Music is better when it evolves to include and the professionals don't cling to one influence. Just like humans evolved because of diversity and mixing.

I cant say bluegrass or country is my favorite, and it is hard for me to listen to. But I am aware, that it is merely a taste issue and not a right or wrong issue. I think it is fantastic that you break the mold and represent, not just the best of "rednecks" but the best in humanity.

I
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

hillbillyatheist

Thanks for the kind words, Brian! :)
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

Gerard

Quote from: "baddogma"WOOOT!

I can only suppose you brought this on yourself....

Gerard

missingnocchi

Quote from: "Brian37"
Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"Tell him to hold on to his hat this time if ya'll go up the mountain.

Please don't use "ya'll" I feel my IQ drop every time I read that.
Believe it or not, it's actually a desimplification of the English language. Back in the day, there was one singular second person pronoun (thou) and one plural second person pronoun (you) but now there's no differentiation between the two declensions, exceptin' fer "y'all"  :-D
What's a "Leppo?"

Gerard

Quote from: "missingnocchi"
Quote from: "Brian37"
Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"Tell him to hold on to his hat this time if ya'll go up the mountain.

Please don't use "ya'll" I feel my IQ drop every time I read that.
Believe it or not, it's actually a desimplification of the English language. Back in the day, there was one singular second person pronoun (thou) and one plural second person pronoun (you) but now there's no differentiation between the two declensions, exceptin' fer "y'all"  :-D

I always thought that the difference between thou and you was not about plural or single (plural would have been 'thee' I think), but between polite or solemn form and normal form. As it still exists in Dutch, one of the most closest related languages to English, and notably my mother language. Polite we say "U" (which isn't pronounced as you in Dutch but more like the German Ü) and otherwise it's "jij". In modern English everyone is 'you'. In the Saxon Groningen dialect, which I also speak on a not to daily basis (anymore) and which is even more related to English than basic Dutch, Thou is "Ie", which in pronunciation is more like thee than thou (pronounced like the ee in thee), and you is "joe" Not pronounced as an English short name for Joseph, but pronounced exactly the same as the English 'you'....

In Dutch the polite form "U" is the same in single and plural. The normal form "jij" becomes "jullie" in plural...

Gerard

missingnocchi

Quote from: "Gerard"I always thought that the difference between thou and you was not about plural or single (plural would have been 'thee' I think), but between polite or solemn form and normal form. As it still exists in Dutch, one of the most closest related languages to English, and notably my mother language. Polite we say "U" (which isn't pronounced as you in Dutch but more like the German Ü) and otherwise it's "jij". In modern English everyone is 'you'. In the Saxon Groningen dialect, which I also speak on a not to daily basis (anymore) and which is even more related to English than basic Dutch, Thou is "Ie", which in pronunciation is more like thee than thou (pronounced like the ee in thee), and you is "joe" Not pronounced as an English short name for Joseph, but pronounced exactly the same as the English 'you'....

In Dutch the polite form "U" is the same in single and plural. The normal form "jij" becomes "jullie" in plural...

Gerard

That is an alternate usage. In early modern English, plurals were used as formal singular as well. That's likely how the universal usage of "you" came about. "Thee" is the direct object form of "thou." If Wikipedia's Dutch grammar is correct, then "thou" is to "thee" as "jij" is to "jou."
What's a "Leppo?"

Gerard

Quote from: "Gerard"I always thought that the difference between thou and you was not about plural or single (plural would have been 'thee' I think), but between polite or solemn form and normal form. As it still exists in Dutch, one of the most closest related languages to English, and notably my mother language. Polite we say "U" (which isn't pronounced as you in Dutch but more like the German Ü) and otherwise it's "jij". In modern English everyone is 'you'. In the Saxon Groningen dialect, which I also speak on a not to daily basis (anymore) and which is even more related to English than basic Dutch, Thou is "Ie", which in pronunciation is more like thee than thou (pronounced like the ee in thee), and you is "joe" Not pronounced as an English short name for Joseph, but pronounced exactly the same as the English 'you'....

Gerard

Ah. I thought that that might be the case. (thee and thou).... Wasn't sure though...

Gerard

That is an alternate usage. In early modern English, plurals were used as formal singular as well. That's likely how the universal usage of "you" came about. "Thee" is the direct object form of "thou." If Wikipedia's Dutch grammar is correct, then "thou" is to "thee" as "jij" is to "jou."

Gerard

Gerard

Ah. I thought that that might be the case. (thee and thou).... Wasn't sure though...

Gerard

baddogma

Quote from: "Gerard"
Quote from: "baddogma"WOOOT!

I can only suppose you brought this on yourself....

Gerard
#-o
"The only way you can be certain that there are good people in the world is to BE one".
-My mother

Morality is doing what is right, no matter what you are told.
Religion is doing what you are told, no matter what is right.

baddogma

In the less than a week he was here....I saw him drink 59 Coke Zeros......but he doesn't have a problem.
 :rollin:
"The only way you can be certain that there are good people in the world is to BE one".
-My mother

Morality is doing what is right, no matter what you are told.
Religion is doing what you are told, no matter what is right.

hillbillyatheist

i was there for 6 1/2 days.

I bought two 24 packs and an eight pack, And a few more on the side.

I'm not addicted, I can quit anytime I want. LOL!

just click here

The Skeletal Atheist

59 Coke Zeros? A lot of caffeine...must mean a lot of santorum...I'm charging double for cleanup now.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

hillbillyatheist

This should get a laugh.

Baddogma has a native american headdress and a tipi, and I bought a cheap native american flute as a souvenir.

Then I figured I'd put this goofy video up.

[youtube:25ohig32]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg4QM2iNcjc[/youtube:25ohig32]

Then I tried to make my fiddle sound indian. LOL

[youtube:25ohig32]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbuveNN9tKc[/youtube:25ohig32]

He showed me an old cabin and it looked perfect for playing cripple creek in front of.

[youtube:25ohig32]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvr8JodTd2s[/youtube:25ohig32]

just click here

Brian37

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37