My SJW Is Showing After Police Arrest Nurse

Started by SGOS, September 02, 2017, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 03, 2017, 01:17:53 PM
Good thing there wasn't a whole gang of cops there - they would probably all have jumped on her, maybe choked her out, or worse. Damned cops - can't live with them, can't live without them. I expect this kind of thing to get worse before it gets better. Chump wants them to be even more rough, so they think they've got carte blanche to do as they please.

Can't we all just get along? -  Rodney King
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on September 03, 2017, 02:27:08 PM
Can't we all just get along?
You don't even need to footnote the author.  No one can forget that quote.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on September 03, 2017, 02:48:32 PMYou don't even need to footnote the author.  No one can forget that quote.
I used to say that all the time in the 90s, usually with the implication that it's a naive sentiment.

I didn't learn until recently that Rodney King said that in an attempt to quell the 1992 Los Angeles riots.

Unbeliever

Reminds me of cops saying "get along, nothing to see here" when they're beating someone half to death.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

fencerider

Trump has spent a great deal of time lately inflating the egos of cops. Most of them suffer from inferiority complex.

I have a CDL refusing a drug test is considered the same as failing one, but that doesn't say anything about an unconscious person. There are cops that hate truck drivers as much as they hate black people and they will take every opportunity to take them down.

Stupid cop forgot a basic rule for nurses. They can't do anything without a Dr's order to do it.

Maybe all cops need to take an anger management class... and Baruch can be the teacher ;-)

I hope she sues for false arrest because he had no justifiable reason to arrest her
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 03, 2017, 03:23:56 PM
I used to say that all the time in the 90s, usually with the implication that it's a naive sentiment.

I didn't learn until recently that Rodney King said that in an attempt to quell the 1992 Los Angeles riots.
I remember watching him on TV probably 40 different times in the same news clip, and yes it was naïve, which is probably why it got so much air time.  But I don't remember a news commentator commenting on his oratory or intent.  He had his heart in the right place, but it kind of leaves you not knowing what to say, doesn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0

SGOS

Quote from: fencerider on September 03, 2017, 03:40:36 PM
I hope she sues for false arrest because he had no justifiable reason to arrest her
She did say nothing is off the table, which is good, because it wouldn't be smart to give the police a free pass on that one.

Baruch

I can arrange that ... anger management for cops.  At work, we had to go to that ... and all we learned about the objects of our anger is "They are doing the best they can".  On a realistic note, I have a nephew who is a cop, so I would put him in charge.  He seems to be a good man to me.  What I do know more directly, is the PTSD that cops have ... my ex once rode on patrol with a policeman, as part of a community support effort.  The cop had to stop a motorist, and she said that she could feel the fear the policeman had, his uncertainly as to what he might be getting into (an armed escaped felon perhaps).  Police stop turned out OK, but the cop was keyed up to the point of near breakdown.  I would suggest regular free psychological counseling would go a long way for police and firemen.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I admire policing in general.  We can't live without it.  But too many are out of control.  Control has to be re-established.  A few in jail and the problem will diminish.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 03, 2017, 11:08:30 PM
I admire policing in general.  We can't live without it.  But too many are out of control.  Control has to be re-established.  A few in jail and the problem will diminish.

If the problem is psychological, jailing won't solve it ... we already tried that with the war on drugs.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 03, 2017, 11:21:03 PM
If the problem is psychological, jailing won't solve it ... we already tried that with the war on drugs.

Some out-of-control police get jailed, it will send an internal message.  Drug jailings don't work because of profit margins.  Police in jail will change behavior.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 03, 2017, 11:43:17 PM
Some out-of-control police get jailed, it will send an internal message.  Drug jailings don't work because of profit margins.  Police in jail will change behavior.

Jailing people doesn't solve anything.  Jailing cops means ... they learn to leave no witnesses.  That may already be happening (that young black woman recently down in Texas).  Asset forfeiture is big business now, 4.5 billion dollars, supposedly to stop the drug trade (it doesn't, it funds municipalities that can't raise property tax) .. the public takes a larger loss now than the loss from actual theft.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 04, 2017, 12:32:11 AM
Jailing people doesn't solve anything.  Jailing cops means ... they learn to leave no witnesses.  That may already be happening (that young black woman recently down in Texas).  Asset forfeiture is big business now, 4.5 billion dollars, supposedly to stop the drug trade (it doesn't, it funds municipalities that can't raise property tax) .. the public takes a larger loss now than the loss from actual theft.

They've already learned that a century ago.  And routine asset forfeiture has GOT to stop.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 04, 2017, 12:47:55 AM
They've already learned that a century ago.  And routine asset forfeiture has GOT to stop.

Team Rocket is now in charge (Pokemon) ... won't stop until they have captured all the Pokemon (assets).  The IRS was used to get rid of Al Capone ... now everyone is being screwed over by the precedent.  That is how law works.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 04, 2017, 12:53:41 AM
Team Rocket is not in charge (Pokemon) ... won't stop until they have captured all the Pokemon (assets).  The IRS was used to get rid of Al Capone ... now everyone is being screwed over by the precedent.  That is how law works.

Ah Jesse and James.  Always go *PING up in the sky.  They always annoyed me.  Not that I ever followed Pokemon to the end (if it ever ended) but I always thought it should end with one last little girl and some weak pokemon facing Ash, and he RELEASED THEM ALL!  Rather than take the last one.

But that's just me...