My SJW Is Showing After Police Arrest Nurse

Started by SGOS, September 02, 2017, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Update: the manhandling cop got fired and the other one got demoted

I'm surprised that something was actually done about this rather than just letting this stuff slide.  But I'm also surprised that I'm surprised.  Shouldn't this be the expected outcome?

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 10, 2017, 11:20:39 PM
Shouldn't this be the expected outcome?
I guess it happens sometimes.  I wouldn't say I'm surprised, but if hey let it slide, I wouldn't have been surprised either.

Cavebear

I'm surprised that something was actually done about this rather than just letting this stuff slide.  But I'm also surprised that I'm surprised.  Shouldn't this be the expected outcome?

It should.  It's not.  That is the surprise.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 01:10:02 AM
It should.  It's not.  That is the surprise.

Government agencies, including the cops, don't discipline themselves ... wasn't that so in your agency?  It is in mine.  People are well intentioned, but then The System intervenes and it all goes to shit.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Yes, but not a cop conspiracy.  Not a government conspiracy.  Just a bureaucracy covering its own ass.  Don't like bureaucracy?  Then don't vote to have more government agencies, and more missions for the agencies we already have.  More government isn't the answer, it is the problem.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Part of me wonders if this would also have been the punishment had the nurse been black rather than white.  I can't quite divest myself of the feeling that in that case, it would've been administrative leave with pay and a talking-to.  Considering it took this long to sack him when that should have been an immediate frog-march out the door as soon as that video came out...
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on October 11, 2017, 10:40:01 AM
Part of me wonders if this would also have been the punishment had the nurse been black rather than white.  I can't quite divest myself of the feeling that in that case, it would've been administrative leave with pay and a talking-to.  Considering it took this long to sack him when that should have been an immediate frog-march out the door as soon as that video came out...

We are a nation of laws.  And all the laws need to be applied equally.  If they aren't applied to someone else, they may not be applied to me.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 11:23:24 AM
We are a nation of laws.  And all the laws need to be applied equally.  If they aren't applied to someone else, they may not be applied to me.

We will all be equal, when we are all 6 foot tall White males who are my age, and go to synagogue.  Otherwise, short of Star Wars clone wars, don't expect much equality.  Laws are so the little guys aren't dicks as big as the big guys.  Your Civics 101 is quaint.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on October 11, 2017, 10:40:01 AMPart of me wonders if this would also have been the punishment had the nurse been black rather than white.
And if it had been a fatal shooting rather than a comparably mild manhandling.  The thought has crossed my mind.  I'll leave it at that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 11, 2017, 08:48:07 PM
We will all be equal, when we are all 6 foot tall White males who are my age, and go to synagogue.  Otherwise, short of Star Wars clone wars, don't expect much equality.  Laws are so the little guys aren't dicks as big as the big guys.  Your Civics 101 is quaint.

So laws are just for rich white guys, right?  The question is "do you think that is right".

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 18, 2017, 01:55:25 AM
So laws are just for rich white guys, right?  The question is "do you think that is right".

There is right, there is left.  Two hands still, thank G-d.  Why choose one over the other?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 18, 2017, 07:28:39 AM
There is right, there is left.  Two hands still, thank G-d.  Why choose one over the other?

A physical analogy for a political ideology?  Weak.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 18, 2017, 07:31:49 AM
A physical analogy for a political ideology?  Weak.

Not much to work with, Mr Lewis - Dean Martin
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 18, 2017, 07:32:39 AM
Not much to work with, Mr Lewis - Dean Martin

Oh yeah, that Dean guy, he was sure a thinker.