News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Politics 'Trumps' Gender

Started by Drew_2017, August 29, 2017, 11:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew_2017

Apparently among the media and the far left you're not really a woman (no matter how you identify) unless you also align yourself politically with the left. Melania Trump was savaged in the news by several commentators and pundits for wearing high heels when departed for TX. They mocked and ridiculed her intelligence and if she knew what a hurricane was. As it turns out she had a change of clothes that were appropriate for the situation. This normally would be viewed as a misogynistic attack but only if you're a female and lean to the left. If you don't lean to the left...you're not a woman. 
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

Baruch

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 29, 2017, 11:32:36 PM
Apparently among the media and the far left you're not really a woman (no matter how you identify) unless you also align yourself politically with the left. Melania Trump was savaged in the news by several commentators and pundits for wearing high heels when departed for TX. They mocked and ridiculed her intelligence and if she knew what a hurricane was. As it turns out she had a change of clothes that were appropriate for the situation. This normally would be viewed as a misogynistic attack but only if you're a female and lean to the left. If you don't lean to the left...you're not a woman.

The Left coast is what it is.  Pray for an really big earthquake.  Also since when is America not sexist?  Even our feminists are sexist.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Normally I would actually agree with you, but if you are married to Trump I don't give a fuck if you are/were on the left, right, middle, top, bottom... you're a fucking terrible human being, or you made some really bad life choices and a trapped. I'd like to hope it's the second, but I have my doubts.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Don't get too excited about Melania.  You couldn't afford her, anyway. 

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 29, 2017, 11:32:36 PM
Where were you when people like you were savaging Michelle Obama?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 30, 2017, 10:44:43 AM

Ah, but for me, if Michelle Obama was a transgender, I wouldn't mind.  If their kids are adopted, I wouldn't mind.  But when did Drew start here?  How was he supposed to know to get on this forum, 8 years ago?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on August 30, 2017, 12:30:52 PM
Ah, but for me, if Michelle Obama was a transgender, I wouldn't mind.  If their kids are adopted, I wouldn't mind.  But when did Drew start here?  How was he supposed to know to get on this forum, 8 years ago?
Start calling you 'half-cocked'.  You seem to read half a post and then go off on a tangent.  Tangent seems to be where you live.  Anyway, that is what I asked Drew--where was he?  I left unasked--did he partake in running her down, too??
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Drew_2017

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 30, 2017, 10:44:43 AM

I always thought Michelle was a classy first lady and clearly Obama's better half. Generally I believe politicians wives and children are off limits unless they inject themselves into politics or start campaigning. The issue here is how woman are only woman if they are politically aligned to the left...
Where were you when Sarah Palin was ravaged?
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 30, 2017, 12:52:49 PM
Start calling you 'half-cocked'.  You seem to read half a post and then go off on a tangent.  Tangent seems to be where you live.  Anyway, that is what I asked Drew--where was he?  I left unasked--did he partake in running her down, too??

See, you want to put words in his mouth, and mine.

Mike ... where were you when the America Firsters were ravaging Eleanor Roosevelt?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 30, 2017, 03:06:34 PM
I always thought Michelle was a classy first lady and clearly Obama's better half. Generally I believe politicians wives and children are off limits unless they inject themselves into politics or start campaigning. The issue here is how woman are only woman if they are politically aligned to the left...
Where were you when Sarah Palin was ravaged?
I agree with you that politician's families should be out of bounds.  (Tell that to Trump, btw--he has no bounds in that regard)  Sarah Palin was a politician (or so she thought).   She likes to think of herself as giver of grief and is not a stranger of insulting anybody and everybody.  One cannot 'savage' her as she asks for it. 

You say: "The issue here is how woman are only woman if they are politically aligned to the left..."
"the left'--don't know who that is and whoever they are, they can defend themselves.  But from what I've seen, the Repubs smear all they can--man, woman and child.  So, take it up with them.

aitm

I kinda feel sorry for the gal. She is most likely a high cost call girl that latched on to a self absorbed millionaire. She didn't want the position of flotus because there is probably way too much video they have to buy. She is trying...god bless her little whore hole....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

fencerider

what does Mel-on-ya wearing hi-heels or not wearing hi-heels have to do with the left?
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

SGOS

Quote from: fencerider on August 30, 2017, 08:07:22 PM
what does Mel-on-ya wearing hi-heels or not wearing hi-heels have to do with the left?
Some media article made a big deal about wearing high heels to a flood.  This makes all liberals insane by association.

Shiranu

>mfw people imply America even has a left. At best, mainstream left is slightly right of centre.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Not everyone in Austin TX ...

Red Guard Austin ... armed anti-Fa, a self described autonomous Marxist-Leninist-Maoist group.  Not New Left ... Old Left.  I don't give them much of a chance in Texas.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.