News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Houston, You Have a Problem!

Started by SGOS, August 28, 2017, 09:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 30, 2017, 09:40:05 AM
At least The Donald is selling a neat white hat!
Yeah, and Melania wore a very appropriate hat to the flood:

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on August 30, 2017, 02:39:29 PM
I don't know The context and all, but could also have been an Asshole of a senator.

G H W Bush wasn't ever representative for California, let alone San Diego ... he represented Houston Texas in the US House, not the US Senate.  He was defeated twice in runs for the US Senate from Texas.  He was an early New England migrant to Texas after WW II.  His father served in the US Senate for Connecticut.  G H W Bush began his real rise in cabinet positions under Nixon and Ford, eventually being the running mate of Ronald Reagan in 1980 and 1984.

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Shiranu on August 30, 2017, 02:31:39 PM
Interesting. Never liked Bush Sr. , but I never thought of him as being that shitty. You have to be really unpopular to be told as the president by one of your governors to stay away.
It was probably the security flail that killed the visit. Reagan was coming through San Diego airport once and my friends at airport security told us to leave our guns at home that day. We didn't have anybody of interest at that time so it was no sweat, but telling the Navy they're not trusted by the Secret Service was entertaining.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on August 30, 2017, 02:31:39 PM
Interesting. Never liked Bush Sr. , but I never thought of him as being that shitty. You have to be really unpopular to be told as the president by one of your governors to stay away.

Didn't like him either ... he was CIA from the 1950s, eventually CIA Director.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 30, 2017, 03:02:13 PM
Yeah, and Melania wore a very appropriate hat to the flood:

Jetsam and flotsam are nautical terms appropriate for most of Houston these days.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Drew_2017

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 30, 2017, 09:51:48 AM
Interesting that a Houston businessman who owns a few furniture stores in the city has opened his showrooms up as a place of refuge for the flood victims.  This was done while Joel Osteen was whining that his mega church could not open because it was flooded.  I live within radio distance of Fresno, and they have a very conservative station (KMJ)--was running some errands and listened to it for a few minutes.  Two of their most conservative dj's were talking about Osteen and his mega church.  They were questioning why this perfect refuge was not open, why Osteen was lying about it and then talking about how some people were on the grounds of the mega church and were filming (with their phones) the dryness of the place.  They wanted to know why this tax free church was not open, since this church was able to handle over 16000 people, with shelter, water, sewer facilities, etc.  They really raked him over the coals, which surprised me a bit--in a good way.

Later, Osteen did open his mega church--the wonder of internet shame.  Doubt he will open any of his 10 million dollar mansion, tho.  Surely Jesus would not do that!

The sad part is for every asshole like him there are sincere ministers and pastors who will do their utmost in this tragedy and be there to help people put their lives together in the aftermath.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 30, 2017, 09:31:13 PM
The sad part is for every asshole like him there are sincere ministers and pastors who will do their utmost in this tragedy and be there to help people put their lives together in the aftermath.
One does not need to be a minister or christian, or any thing other than human.  Clearly Osteen is not really human.  He is way to wealthy to feel the humanity of the humans he frauds money out of.  Humans are helping other humans in Houston now.  Theology is not needed.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

The Texans once said about Hurricane Sandy that it was a local issue and the Federal Government shouldn't be involved. 

I'm waiting to see them stay consistent now...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

I expect the aftermath will be worse than the storm and flooding. Because Republicans are in charge there - though I'm not sure that Democrats would do much better. I do hope they can at least avoid a cholera outbreak, but all that water has to be about as filthy as water can get, and now there's all those toxic chemicals to worry about.
God Not Found

Baruch

Hopefully the toxins will kill the cholera ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I just heard that Chump's declared Sunday to be a "national day of prayer" for the victims of the storm. Yeah, that's the way to deal with the tragedy - ask God for help. As if God didn't allow the damn storm in the first place.

We know he didn't, since he doesn't exist, but millions of people believe he does exist, and if he did exist it was him that brought the storm - that's why they call them "acts of God." So pray to him for relief - sure, that'll work...
God Not Found

fencerider

you forgot that Trump is god's chosen leader. Only the leader chosen by god ever wins the election.

Damm!!! god's chosen leader is a dumb playboy. And now Houston had a big hurricane. god must be punishing Houston for their sins... maybe there are more gay people in Houston than San Fransisco.

"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: fencerider on September 02, 2017, 12:41:09 AM
you forgot that Trump is god's chosen leader. Only the leader chosen by god ever wins the election.

Damm!!! god's chosen leader is a dumb playboy. And now Houston had a big hurricane. god must be punishing Houston for their sins... maybe there are more gay people in Houston than San Fransisco.

Maybe god doesn't hate gays, just people in The closet.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Unbeliever

Quote from: fencerider on September 02, 2017, 12:41:09 AM
Trump is god's chosen leader.

That right there shows how fucked up God is...
God Not Found