News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Houston, You Have a Problem!

Started by SGOS, August 28, 2017, 09:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

I knew this was coming, but I haven't been following the news for a couple of days.  Now there is this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV5eF88p5rE

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on August 28, 2017, 09:10:22 AM
I knew this was coming, but I haven't been following the news for a couple of days.  Now there is this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV5eF88p5rE
RT!  They must be loving this! 

Apparently the rain has only just started!  Just think how bad this would be if global warming were real!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Yeah, it's a good thing global warming is just a Chinese hoax!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Sorginak

Those Texans clearly didn't pray to god hard enough.

Gawdzilla Sama

National Duck Duck Goose Championships, held at Houston every year, have been canceled.

/fakenews
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Sorginak on August 28, 2017, 10:45:00 AM
Those Texans clearly didn't pray to god hard enough.
If I remember correctly, Texas (gov perry) did not want to help send any money to NJ for it's last hurricane.  Do you suppose TX wants some monetary help now?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 28, 2017, 11:42:39 AM
If I remember correctly, Texas (gov perry) did not want to help send any money to NJ for it's last hurricane.  Do you suppose TX wants some monetary help now?
Well, Duh?!  Everyone in NJ deserved what they got, but to Texas, this was an act of God for gay marriages in New Jersey.

Unbeliever

In Texas they call it "Jew Nersey."
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Deidre32

This is so shocking, I never take weather broadcasts all that seriously, but maybe I will now. :(
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

SGOS

2 more feet of rain is on the way.

Draconic Aiur

Is it bad I laugh at my brother for living there?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on August 29, 2017, 02:47:59 AM
Laughter is an interrupted defense mechanism, so it's just being human.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on August 29, 2017, 02:47:59 AM
I have a bunch of cousins living there as well.  Don't know why.  I mean, a nice day in Houston, weather wise, is like living in a hot-house.  Humidity is too high to measure.

Mr.Obvious

Thanks, Obama!

... ... Somehow...
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on August 29, 2017, 11:37:32 AM
Thanks, Obama!

... ... Somehow...

He wanted it to be like when he was a kid in school, in Indonesia ;-)  Now all Texas needs is great big volcanoes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.