News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Houston, You Have a Problem!

Started by SGOS, August 28, 2017, 09:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 03, 2017, 11:45:44 PM
There you go again.  Snark that means nothing...  I meant that you should explain your claim that the toxic chemicals would kill the disease vectors.  But you don't actually know anything about that, do you?

You do the chemistry, Dr Mengele.  I simply inverted the original snark idea "might even kill Republicans" because people here would take that literally.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 04, 2017, 12:24:34 AM
You do the chemistry, Dr Mengele.  I simply inverted the original snark idea "might even kill Republicans" because people here would take that literally.

Mebbe.  But *I* wasn't snarking Republicans OR even Nazis there.  Appropriate comments matter.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Shiranu

I have very little Texas pride, but H.E.B. is something all Texans (and frankly all Americans, even if they don't have one outside of Texas) should be proud of. One of the few corporations with morals and integrity.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/inside-story-what-took-keep-texas-grocery-chain-running-chip-cutter
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on September 04, 2017, 12:48:24 AM
I have very little Texas pride, but H.E.B. is something all Texans (and frankly all Americans, even if they don't have one outside of Texas) should be proud of. One of the few corporations with morals and integrity.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/inside-story-what-took-keep-texas-grocery-chain-running-chip-cutter

Had to look that up, but OK.

SGOS

My sister in Chicago is attending a workshop at the Humane Society for potential foster parents of rescued dogs from Hurricane Harvey.  I just read the same thing is going on in San Francisco.  She doesn't have a dog, but she and her husband babysit friend's dogs on occasion and love it when they get the chance.  I hope this will be a pleasant experience for them.  I told her to pick a nice one, because she will probably end up keeping it.  But she said they have been warned that they may have to give them back if they find the owners.  It sounds like there must be a lot of these dogs that have been separated from their owners.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 06, 2017, 05:05:59 PM
Apparently Rush Slime-ball thinks hurricanes are a liberal conspiracy:

Rush Limbaugh on Hurricane Irma: Powerful Storm or Liberal Conspiracy?
If he isn't acting like a douche-bag he'd loose his audience, what's left of them anyway.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 06, 2017, 05:05:59 PM
Apparently Rush Slime-ball thinks hurricanes are a liberal conspiracy:

Rush Limbaugh on Hurricane Irma: Powerful Storm or Liberal Conspiracy?

aka Global Warming is a liberal conspiracy ... both because if is a fraud (Carbon Trading) and it is real (stronger storms).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 06, 2017, 08:14:29 PM
aka Global Warming is a liberal conspiracy ... both because if is a fraud (Carbon Trading) and it is real (stronger storms).

It is a conservative denial.  "What they don't want to be true can't be real".

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on September 07, 2017, 03:10:11 AM

Having cash is good.  I carry around a few 100 routinely.  You never know when it is the only thing that work...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 07, 2017, 03:52:10 AM
Having cash is good.  I carry around a few 100 routinely.  You never know when it is the only thing that work...

Ah, but the governments in 1st world want to outlaw that.  They want you to line up for your "rectal exam" first.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 07, 2017, 07:08:08 AM
Ah, but the governments in 1st world want to outlaw that.  They want you to line up for your "rectal exam" first.

Yeah, last time I left the US was in 1980-something.  And people think the US is mean...

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on September 07, 2017, 02:34:59 AM
It is a conservative denial.  "What they don't want to be true can't be real".
They're against AGW because it would cost them money. Not any more complicated than that.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers