News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Houston, You Have a Problem!

Started by SGOS, August 28, 2017, 09:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 02, 2017, 10:10:49 AM
That right there shows how fucked up God is...

I dunno, if shows if there is a god he's got a fucked up sense of humor and why he's good for a laugh, but not someone you want to bow to.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 02, 2017, 11:54:41 AM
Yeah, just like Chump.

As an American, I have never bowed to a President.  They aren't monarchy, they are my employee.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Yeah, I know that, and you know that, but I bet Chump doesn't know that. He thinks he's the emperor of all the Americas in this hemisphere.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 02, 2017, 07:09:31 PM
Yeah, I know that, and you know that, but I bet Chump doesn't know that. He thinks he's the emperor of all the Americas in this hemisphere.

God-Emperor of Dune .. to eventually evolve into a giant sand worm.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

As a result of Harvey hitting Texas, NC has declared a state of emergency.

We're not flooded or burning or anything.  We just have much higher gas prices, since damage to refineries in Texas and Louisiana reduced our gas supply.  Good ol' supply and demand working its magic.  The state of emergency is just to temporarily waive some restrictions for trucks carrying gasoline so we can get more faster.

We also have our buttcheeks puckered for Hurricane Irma, which may or may not slam right into us.

SGOS

I always hate it when gas prices go up, but I also remember when it was over $4.00 a gallon, and no one declared a state of emergency.  Anything under $3.00 doesn't alarm me to a great extent.  However, watching prices go up is always scary to me, be it gas or a bottle of ketchup.  We have had a wonderful respite in gas prices for the last several years, and I am not looking forward to returning to $80 a tank.  That hurts.  State of emergency, seems like an odd response right now.  It's all relative, I suppose.  Poor people live in a personal state of emergency all the time.

SGOS

I puzzled over that map this morning.  Someone went through a lot of work to show that we don't know where Irma is going to go yet.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on September 03, 2017, 11:30:43 AMState of emergency, seems like an odd response right now.
It's not an emergency emergency.  It's just that's what you have to do as Governor to speed up gas shipments when there's a supply shortfall.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on September 03, 2017, 11:35:09 AM
I puzzled over that map this morning.  Someone went through a lot of work to show that we don't know where Irma is going to go yet.
Not really, they have programs that can predict paths depending on things like water temperature.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on September 03, 2017, 11:35:09 AM
The article that image is from ran with this headline:  "Hurricane Irma path: Foreboding 15-day weather map shows terrifying storm may hit NEW YORK"

New York in ALL CAPS FOR EMPHASIS.

Meanwhile, the first two sentences of the body:  "A new ensemble map reveals the highest pressure will hit North and South Carolina, and Virgina, half way down the coast to Florida.

An area of very high pressure will also hit Maine, New Hampshire ad Massachusetts before going inland to New York, the map currently shows."

So, it might hit pretty much the whole Eastern Seaboard but NEW YORK gets top billing?  Sure, it's a british audience who may or may not be familiar with the less popular US states, but jeez guys at least mention Florida first.

Baruch

On the map there are so many hurricane paths over florida you can't even see Florida.

And of course, there is no America W of NJ ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 01, 2017, 03:06:05 PM
Hopefully the toxins will kill the cholera ;-(

Do you actually think that will happen?  Is there a vector you have in mind?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 03, 2017, 11:09:53 PM
Do you actually think that will happen?  Is there a vector you have in mind?

There are nasty chemicals coming out of the burning refinery ... certainly some of them will even kill Democrats ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 03, 2017, 11:20:06 PM
There are nasty chemicals coming out of the burning refinery ... certainly some of them will even kill Democrats ;-)

There you go again.  Snark that means nothing...  I meant that you should explain your claim that the toxic chemicals would kill the disease vectors.  But you don't actually know anything about that, do you?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!