Physical Manifestations of the Absurd

Started by Absurd Atheist, August 27, 2017, 01:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Absurd Atheist

Quote from: trdsf on September 05, 2017, 10:34:46 AM
As a matter of curiosity, what color is this reply?  And would the phrasing make a difference?

I wouldn't say this reply has color, but if it helps the idea/term "synaesthesia" is a translucent gray.
"To have faith is to lose your mind and to win God."
-The Sickness unto Death - 1849

trdsf

Quote from: Absurd Atheist on September 05, 2017, 11:01:25 PM
I wouldn't say this reply has color, but if it helps the idea/term "synaesthesia" is a translucent gray.
I think that helps -- abstractions are colored/textured, but concrete things aren't (or have an inherent color/texture that's not overridden by your perceptions), yes?

This is straying fascinatingly from your original post.  I'm going to start a fresh thread for this topic.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Absurd Atheist

Quote from: trdsf on September 06, 2017, 09:04:21 AM
I think that helps -- abstractions are colored/textured, but concrete things aren't (or have an inherent color/texture that's not overridden by your perceptions), yes?

This is straying fascinatingly from your original post.  I'm going to start a fresh thread for this topic.

Yes, that sounds about right.
"To have faith is to lose your mind and to win God."
-The Sickness unto Death - 1849