Author Topic: Physical Manifestations of the Absurd  (Read 379 times)

Re: Physical Manifestations of the Absurd
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2017, 11:01:25 PM »
As a matter of curiosity, what color is this reply?  And would the phrasing make a difference?

I wouldn't say this reply has color, but if it helps the idea/term "synaesthesia" is a translucent gray.
"To have faith is to lose your mind and to win God."
-The Sickness unto Death - 1849

Offline trdsf

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2017, 09:04:21 AM »
I wouldn't say this reply has color, but if it helps the idea/term "synaesthesia" is a translucent gray.
I think that helps -- abstractions are colored/textured, but concrete things aren't (or have an inherent color/texture that's not overridden by your perceptions), yes?

This is straying fascinatingly from your original post.  I'm going to start a fresh thread for this topic.
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." -- Calvin and Hobbes
"I thought I committed regicide today, but I committed deicide!" -- Sadie Doyle, Beyond Belief

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2017, 12:06:30 PM »
I think that helps -- abstractions are colored/textured, but concrete things aren't (or have an inherent color/texture that's not overridden by your perceptions), yes?

This is straying fascinatingly from your original post.  I'm going to start a fresh thread for this topic.

Yes, that sounds about right.
"To have faith is to lose your mind and to win God."
-The Sickness unto Death - 1849