First grader sent to office for 'misgendering' fellow student

Started by Drew_2017, August 26, 2017, 07:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconic Aiur

It is stupid for a 1st grader to go to the principals office for misuse of a pronoun, and it stupid for use of a pronoun to get any big reaction. I'm a liberal and I find this shit totally garbage.

Drew_2017

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on August 30, 2017, 12:54:22 PM
It is stupid for a 1st grader to go to the principals office for misuse of a pronoun, and it stupid for use of a pronoun to get any big reaction. I'm a liberal and I find this shit totally garbage.

My oldest brother is a far left leaning guy but he thinks some elements of the left have gone overboard such as banning free speech, extreme PC, identity politics and those who resort to violence or destruction of property. 
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

Baruch

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 30, 2017, 09:23:01 PM
My oldest brother is a far left leaning guy but he thinks some elements of the left have gone overboard such as banning free speech, extreme PC, identity politics and those who resort to violence or destruction of property.

Like the domestic terrorists earlier ... these are cointelpro by the Right ... to justify dictatorship ... to protect us from the Commies.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 30, 2017, 12:35:56 PM
That doesn't serve Left Anarchism.

The "Left Anarchism" is vanishingly pathetic as far as I can tell.  I'm not sure it even exists outside a few clowns.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2017, 01:53:42 AM
The "Left Anarchism" is vanishingly pathetic as far as I can tell.  I'm not sure it even exists outside a few clowns.

Armed clowns, serving as rallying points for other alienated people.  Cointelpro bro.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 31, 2017, 07:09:15 AM
Armed clowns, serving as rallying points for other alienated people.  Cointelpro bro.

Well, clowns never scared me.  I never had monsters under the bed or in the closet.  I never even paid attention to the Tooth Fairy (told Mom to stop it at 8).  I just saved my teeth in a cup for my own pleasure.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2017, 09:25:45 AM
Well, clowns never scared me.  I never had monsters under the bed or in the closet.  I never even paid attention to the Tooth Fairy (told Mom to stop it at 8).  I just saved my teeth in a cup for my own pleasure.

I can dig that .. I am a clown, and I don't scare myself ;-)  And advertising has never worked on me, particularly on the Internet.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 31, 2017, 01:08:45 PM
I can dig that .. I am a clown, and I don't scare myself ;-)  And advertising has never worked on me, particularly on the Internet.

Oh I LOVE advertising.  It is SO funny.  What worries me is that it must work on most people or they wouldn't waster their money.

Moo!  LOL...

Jason78

Quote from: Shiranu on August 26, 2017, 07:59:34 PM
I remember the incident of the reading though, and I do agree that is too young to be discussing sexuality with children.

Do you think that if we keep it quiet the kids will never find out?  It turns out that kids are actually pretty smart and can figure out for themselves that gender is a thing pretty early on. 
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Shiranu

Quote from: Jason78 on September 01, 2017, 02:53:01 AM
Do you think that if we keep it quiet the kids will never find out?  It turns out that kids are actually pretty smart and can figure out for themselves that gender is a thing pretty early on. 

Guess they are smarter than some adults then...

But on a serious note; again, that's not imo a teachers' place to be discussing with a child. Sure, this teacher was teaching them something open-minded and correct... but the majority of teachers in the United States do not share that view point. If we let them start teaching about gender, the majority of teachers are going to either not address it or insist that there are only two with very strict rules governing them.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2017, 02:48:47 PM
Oh I LOVE advertising.  It is SO funny.  What worries me is that it must work on most people or they wouldn't waster their money.

Moo!  LOL...
Could be Moo..........I tend to think baaa.....................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on September 01, 2017, 03:09:11 AM
Guess they are smarter than some adults then...

But on a serious note; again, that's not imo a teachers' place to be discussing with a child. Sure, this teacher was teaching them something open-minded and correct... but the majority of teachers in the United States do not share that view point. If we let them start teaching about gender, the majority of teachers are going to either not address it or insist that there are only two with very strict rules governing them.

I agree.  Gender, sexuality, should start being taught at home.  And rationally.  By Middle School, children ought to have some basic (if unspecific) understanding.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 03, 2017, 11:13:07 PM
I agree.  Gender, sexuality, should start being taught at home.  And rationally.  By Middle School, children ought to have some basic (if unspecific) understanding.

We used to do that, but the parents wouldn't do their damn job!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 03, 2017, 11:19:17 PM
We used to do that, but the parents wouldn't do their damn job!

The failure of parents does mean that someone else must.  So why are the theists so against schools doing it.  They won't do it themselves and won't let anyone else do it.  Who do you suggest?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 03, 2017, 11:47:43 PM
The failure of parents does mean that someone else must.  So why are the theists so against schools doing it.  They won't do it themselves and won't let anyone else do it.  Who do you suggest?

"So why are the theists so against schools doing it." ... never a parent were you, never a theist either.  But I digress ... my kid went to public school, we kept her almost entirely out of parochial school (except for 3 months).  This is because the public schools, as per the Communist Manifesto ... are there to create society killing revolutionaries ... is what religious parents think.  And for Muslim parents in the West, it is to get their Muslim girls pregnant by infidel boys.  But why do you care what religious parents do?  Just kill them, like a good Stalinist, right?

In my case, I never bought into ridiculous conspiracy theories ... except the ones that are actually true.  The worst thing about public school was the poor performance of the school system.  I managed to handle that as a child, my handicapped child could not.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.