News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Chess Thread II

Started by Unbeliever, August 25, 2017, 04:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: trdsf on July 16, 2018, 08:52:16 AM
Almost always.  I know it has an opening book it relies upon, and I think it has a randomizing factor to choose between moves that are of equal value.  By now you're out of the book, of course, and into the midgame.

Weird. Our entire clash, and build up to, for the center was of course obvious. But it countered d4 opening move with e6?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

trdsf

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on July 16, 2018, 09:37:57 AM
Weird. Our entire clash, and build up to, for the center was of course obvious. But it countered d4 opening move with e6?
Yup.  I'm looking up the opening now -- Queen's Pawn Opening, Horwitz Defense.  With 4. e3 the game left chess.com's database so you're in uncharted territory.  :)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: trdsf on July 16, 2018, 10:38:37 AM
Yup.  I'm looking up the opening now -- Queen's Pawn Opening, Horwitz Defense.  With 4. e3 the game left chess.com's database so you're in uncharted territory.  :)

That's actually pretty cool. I doubt it's the best opening counter, but I'm apparently usually shit at those.
I used to Always start or counter the start by moving one of my Knights into the field, regardless of what my opponent did.
I was once told by someone better than me, but not like an exceptional player, that I played a pretty good defence, but that my opening game was shite.
I've been trying out different plays since.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

trdsf

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on July 16, 2018, 10:53:59 AM
That's actually pretty cool. I doubt it's the best opening counter, but I'm apparently usually shit at those.
I used to Always start or counter the start by moving one of my Knights into the field, regardless of what my opponent did.
I was once told by someone better than me, but not like an exceptional player, that I played a pretty good defence, but that my opening game was shite.
I've been trying out different plays since.
Droidfish provides some analysis of each move -- I won't track it here because the ongoing change in the analytical position would feed into the psychological side of the game, and that's strictly between you two.  :D

As for me, I genuinely once had a software analysis of one of my moves begin with the word "Yikes!!" so I know chess is not my game.  :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

Now that the opening's done and we're starting to mix it up, this is getting to be great fun! I don't even care (much) whether I win or lose, since even if I lose I may well learn a thing or two.

And who knows? Maybe together we'll create something beautiful!

;-)
God Not Found

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 16, 2018, 01:14:52 PM
17. Bg6

I'll admit I was hoping you'd make a different move, but this won't be that easy, clear to see now. :)

17. Bg6 Re7

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on July 16, 2018, 05:34:28 PM
I'll admit I was hoping you'd make a different move, but this won't be that easy, clear to see now. :)

17. Bg6 Re7
Ah, you wouldn't want it to be too easy anyway, it's more fun when you have to struggle a bit for the win.
God Not Found

Mr.Obvious

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Mr.Obvious