Car Attack in St. Louis against LGBT Vigil

Started by Shiranu, August 24, 2017, 12:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 31, 2017, 01:06:06 PM
Thirty years ago, you could buy year old used cars from the car rental agencies.  The dealers put a stop to that too!

I'll never buy a used car.  Someone sold it for a reason and I don't want to learn the reason.

Use it up
Wear it out
Make it do
Or do without.

Though I'm not big on "do without".
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on August 31, 2017, 01:06:06 PM
Thirty years ago, you could buy year old used cars from the car rental agencies.  The dealers put a stop to that too!
Bullshit.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2017, 03:04:06 PM
Actually, I agree.  Individuals still sell cars.
I regularly rent from Enterprise Car Sales here in St. Louis. Their lot is across I-270 from the former headquarters of BigFoot Trucks. (Dunn Road, Hazelwood, Missouri.)
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 31, 2017, 03:28:50 PM
I regularly rent from Enterprise Car Sales here in St. Louis. Their lot is across I-270 from the former headquarters of BigFoot Trucks. (Dunn Road, Hazelwood, Missouri.)

Based on my low driving habits, I should rent, but nothing beats the convenience of having one.  I mean, I could go to a laundomat to clean my clothes, but having one in the basement is great.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2017, 03:36:30 PM
Based on my low driving habits, I should rent, but nothing beats the convenience of having one.  I mean, I could go to a laundomat to clean my clothes, but having one in the basement is great.
I keep one car at home and the rest at Enterprise.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 31, 2017, 03:28:50 PM

Maybe goes by state law ... they stopped it when I lived in Colorado.  In St Louis those are probably all car-jacked cars anyway ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2017, 02:52:28 PM
I'll never buy a used car.  Someone sold it for a reason and I don't want to learn the reason.

Use it up
Wear it out
Make it do
Or do without.

Though I'm not big on "do without".

So you don't mind paying for "first year depreciation"?  Last new car I bought was in 1982 ... the dealer made sure it was a lemon, too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 31, 2017, 09:16:51 PM
Misspelled ... lemon, not limo ...

I've never had a lemon car.  Some that could have been, but I was lucky.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 03, 2017, 11:14:55 PM
I've never had a lemon car.  Some that could have been, but I was lucky.

Key lime then? ;-)  Piece of pie ... not piece of cake ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 03, 2017, 11:18:39 PM
Key lime then? ;-)  Piece of pie ... not piece of cake ;-))

I survived a Chevette Scooter, Chevy Vega...  Went safest cars for my needs by CR after that.