There is no such thing as the Deep State ...

Started by Baruch, August 23, 2017, 06:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 28, 2017, 05:48:13 PM
.........What????   Really?  I'll have to try that!!!

Don't be a snowflake, you are too old for it ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on August 28, 2017, 05:48:59 PM
Don't be a snowflake, you are too old for it ;-)
Okay--but which snowflake am I not supposed to be?  The 1860 Missouri version that labeled a person who hoped slavery would survive the civil war?  I am clearly anti-slavery, so that can't be it.

Or the 70's version that labeled a black person who acted white.  Can't be that one, since I am white. 

So, you must mean the way it is used now--a liberal who happens to be too 'fragile' or not grounded in reality.  Since it is used by the nationalists, racists and neo-nazi's, (or as they are called now--alt-right, which I hate--I'll call them what they are) I'll accept that and proudly proclaim that I am a snowflake--not a bigoted, hate-filled, fascist.  Feel free to pick whatever side you identify with the most.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 28, 2017, 06:03:39 PM
Okay--but which snowflake am I not supposed to be?  The 1860 Missouri version that labeled a person who hoped slavery would survive the civil war?  I am clearly anti-slavery, so that can't be it.

Or the 70's version that labeled a black person who acted white.  Can't be that one, since I am white. 

So, you must mean the way it is used now--a liberal who happens to be too 'fragile' or not grounded in reality.  Since it is used by the nationalists, racists and neo-nazi's, (or as they are called now--alt-right, which I hate--I'll call them what they are) I'll accept that and proudly proclaim that I am a snowflake--not a bigoted, hate-filled, fascist.  Feel free to pick whatever side you identify with the most.

Picking sides ... is what is un-American.  Lincoln, in his first inauguration, said he would pass a law, allowing slavery to continue indefinitely, if the slave states would remain in the Union.  Don't make him out to what he is not.  You are like John Brown then ... a known terrorist?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on August 28, 2017, 10:58:42 PM
Picking sides ... is what is un-American.  Lincoln, in his first inauguration, said he would pass a law, allowing slavery to continue indefinitely, if the slave states would remain in the Union.  Don't make him out to what he is not.  You are like John Brown then ... a known terrorist?
Don't remember talking about Lincoln.  But then, you can blather on about, well anything.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 28, 2017, 11:26:03 PM
Don't remember talking about Lincoln.  But then, you can blather on about, well anything.

But ... your words are incitement .. not excitement.  Tone it down, or join anti-fa already.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on August 29, 2017, 06:52:46 AM
But ... your words are incitement .. not excitement.  Tone it down, or join anti-fa already.
Well, it's too late for that.  I'm already a card carrying anti-fa--and according to you I damn near founded it!  I keep that card right next to my Acorn card--on, yeah, and my pinko-commie card and my old draft card.  Love them all!!!

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 29, 2017, 08:42:21 AM
Well, it's too late for that.  I'm already a card carrying anti-fa--and according to you I damn near founded it!  I keep that card right next to my Acorn card--on, yeah, and my pinko-commie card and my old draft card.  Love them all!!!

You are funny.  But seriously, how is senility treating you?  If you are a 20 something I will eat my kippah ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on August 29, 2017, 12:54:04 PM
You are funny.  But seriously, how is senility treating you?  If you are a 20 something I will eat my kippah ;-)
Senile?  I've told you a couple of times how old I am.  It is treating me about the same as it is treating you, snowflake.  You are funny, too.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 29, 2017, 12:54:04 PM

Ageism is not a very good argument.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2017, 01:39:04 AM
Ageism is not a very good argument.

As an uber-bear .. I bet you don't use a regular taxi.  How is your senility, old fur ball? (rhetorical question).  On the other hand, is it ageism to claim that someone 40 years younger is ... inexperienced?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 31, 2017, 06:46:03 AM
As an uber-bear .. I bet you don't use a regular taxi.  How is your senility, old fur ball? (rhetorical question).  On the other hand, is it ageism to claim that someone 40 years younger is ... inexperienced?

A starving 15 year old collecting refuse for sale to get food probably has more real world experience than either of us...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2017, 09:55:14 AM
A starving 15 year old collecting refuse for sale to get food probably has more real world experience than either of us...

I await your happy educational reincarnation, Bear-Gandhi.

Sorry, the average young person is .. inexperienced.  And the average old person is ... getting senile.  Averages don't work in our favor, even if nobody is average.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 31, 2017, 10:42:54 AM
I await your happy educational reincarnation, Bear-Gandhi.

Sorry, the average young person is .. inexperienced.  And the average old person is ... getting senile.  Averages don't work in our favor, even if nobody is average.

You see, that's the point.  You want to speak about the "average".  The "average" don't do anything but make more of themselves.  Except the few who escape the traps.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2017, 11:36:17 AM
You see, that's the point.  You want to speak about the "average".  The "average" don't do anything but make more of themselves.  Except the few who escape the traps.

All depends on which end of the baby, the obstetrician slaps ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 31, 2017, 12:48:52 PM
All depends on which end of the baby, the obstetrician slaps ;-)

The OB usually finds the right end.  We are all equal in potential there.  It's what comes after that has to be made even.