There is no such thing as the Deep State ...

Started by Baruch, August 23, 2017, 06:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

"former undercover CIA agent Valerie Plame Wilson has launched a crowdfunding campaign in hopes of raising enough money to buy Twitter so she can then ban Trump from using it"

If she was serious, she would kidnap and waterboard a certain former Vice President.  Sorry, I can't take her seriously anymore.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

fencerider

that would be interesting... maybe Trump would have a melt down if he couldn't be a Twitter fiend
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Shiranu

I really couldn't care less about this deep state hublub, I just find the thought of Trump being banned from Twitter completely and utterly hilarious.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hakurei Reimu

I have yet to see any evidence of the deep state that isn't more parsimoniously explained by the chaos expected of many interacting human institutions.

But while amusing, Trump being banned from twitter would make comedians' lives more difficult. The comedy must flow!
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Baruch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on August 24, 2017, 12:51:57 AM
I have yet to see any evidence of the deep state that isn't more parsimoniously explained by the chaos expected of many interacting human institutions.

But while amusing, Trump being banned from twitter would make comedians' lives more difficult. The comedy must flow!

Yes, the Holocaust happened, because of German incompetence.  If they were competent, the Central Powers would have won in 1918.  And yes, the comedy must flow, along with all the other psychops, like CIA agent Gloria Steinem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HRUEqyZ7p8

They didn't stop being CIA.  The Clintons are CIA too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Baruch on August 24, 2017, 07:11:29 AM
Yes, the Holocaust happened, because of German incompetence.
Nazi Germany was not an example of the deep state. It was far too overt. It was among other things straight up, raw bigotry. No points.

And yes, the comedy must flow, along with all the other psychops, like CIA agent Gloria Steinem:
President Trump proves there's no deep state. He has such loose lips that any outrageous "secret" you put in his hands is not going to be secret for very long. After all, the CIA is an arm of the executive branch, ie, under control of the president.

You imagine that the deep state has such a firm grip on humanity that it's able to manipulate everyone towards some nefarious end. And yet they still remain secret about it. This goes against every instinct humanity has. Power is to be flaunted, because that's how you show that you're a good mate.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Baruch

The CIA has never been under any control, it is a state within the state ... just like the FBI under J Edgar.  No points.

Read about infighting even in the Third Reich, between different sub-leaders and departments.  Hitler wasn't in charge, nobody is in charge of any government.  They are figureheads.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

I think you're giving them too much credit, over what influence they have in all the chaos.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on August 24, 2017, 07:25:19 PM
I think you're giving them too much credit, over what influence they have in all the chaos.

Well ... as a chaos-statisician .. there is just random politics by random people, and any particular "mean" value or movement of the "mean" is just wish projection, right?

But of course, any government department thinks they have great influence, if they don't they don't get Congressional funding.  Except that CIA gets black money from drugs, both in the Vietnam War, the War on Terror .. and sell the drugs in the US and Russia.  No other government department does that, though the totally corrupt FBI must turn a blind eye.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SoldierofFortune

Once you work for the CIA, you cannot be retired.
How does she be ''former''?

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on August 25, 2017, 01:08:40 AM
Once you work for the CIA, you cannot be retired.
How does she be ''former''?

Correct, same as Mick Jagger, and Woodward (of Watergate).  The CIA contrary to its charter, did and still does, fight enemies both foreign ... and domestic (FBI job).  The Church commission tried to clarify that in the 70s, but failed.  Think ... CIA/FBI has dossiers on all Congress people etc.  The role of a security agency is to be paranoid ... and once they gain some degree of control, your government and society, have gone over the cliff with Thelma & Louise.  HR says ... if they don't have perfect control, then they have no control.  Others may say, they keep to their charter, at least after the Church commission, that they don't do assassinations anymore.  But the CIA determines who the CIA is, not Jack Kennedy ;-)  People wait for some coup .. when it already happened decades ago.  And just a few years ago, Obama legalized what was already true, that the government should lie to the public.  And that is right in Plato's Republic.  All the elites have read that book, and follow it like Gospel.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

New book, coming out next month, I have read excerpts ...

In the Shadows of the American Century: The Rise and Decline of US Global Power

Stop being a mark for a con job.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

The "Deep State" is just another Fig Newton of the crazy Extreme Right.  It exists like the Tri-Partite Committee. the Black Helicopters, the UN taking over the world, and all other imaginations of the crazed.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 26, 2017, 01:29:21 AM
The "Deep State" is just another Fig Newton of the crazy Extreme Right.  It exists like the Tri-Partite Committee. the Black Helicopters, the UN taking over the world, and all other imaginations of the crazed.

You didn't work in the part of the government I used to work for.  They aren't called Black Projects for nothing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 26, 2017, 08:39:58 AM
You didn't work in the part of the government I used to work for.  They aren't called Black Projects for nothing.

I used to call telephone numbers my agency paid for that weren't at locations I knew of.  One location kept hanging up on me and I kept calling back.  Eventually a person said "we are on the other side of the Potomac".  When I asked how he knew which side *I* was on, he said "It doesn't matter!". 

OOOOOOOKKKKKKKK...

And then there was the time I dialed a satellite...  I figured it out by when I got a dial tone. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!