Asian ESPN announcer removed from game, because of his name.

Started by Munch, August 23, 2017, 01:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

In think it was a reluctant decision on the part of ESPN to not give crazies yet one more reason to scream...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 26, 2017, 01:31:35 AM
In think it was a reluctant decision on the part of ESPN to not give crazies yet one more reason to scream...

Sports fans are crazies ... shut it all down!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 26, 2017, 08:40:35 AM
Sports fans are crazies ... shut it all down!

Imagine trying to run for a political office if your name is Benedict Arnold!  (Note I didn't suggest "Adolf Hitler")

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 26, 2017, 01:18:35 PM
Imagine trying to run for a political office if your name is Benedict Arnold!  (Note I didn't suggest "Adolf Hitler")

Adolf Hitler had two nephews.  One served in the US navy as a pharmacist mate during WW II.  When he enlisted, he apologized to the recruiter that his name was Hitler ... the recruiter said, no problem, my name is Hess ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 26, 2017, 02:46:37 PM
Adolf Hitler had two nephews.  One served in the US navy as a pharmacist mate during WW II.  When he enlisted, he apologized to the recruiter that his name was Hitler ... the recruiter said, no problem, my name is Hess ;-)

I'll accept that as true without checking.  Possibly too weird to be fake.  And it cracks me up!  After all, I just looked up my name and I should be both famous AND rich...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 26, 2017, 04:05:09 PM
I'll accept that as true without checking.  Possibly too weird to be fake.  And it cracks me up!  After all, I just looked up my name and I should be both famous AND rich...

You are Richie Rich?  But I thought you were an image of a cave bear, not a cartoon character.

The other nephew was less lucky, he was raised in Germany, and died under bad circumstances on the E Front.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 26, 2017, 06:38:46 PM
You are Richie Rich?  But I thought you were an image of a cave bear, not a cartoon character.

The other nephew was less lucky, he was raised in Germany, and died under bad circumstances on the E Front.

I come from a long line of British serfs who lived and died according to Norman Duke's whims and thug knights, if that helps any. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 26, 2017, 06:42:16 PM
I come from a long line of British serfs who lived and died according to Norman Duke's whims and thug knights, if that helps any.

I am descended from those Normans, get back to work.  Serfs up, cowabunga!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 26, 2017, 06:44:04 PM
I am descended from those Normans, get back to work.  Serfs up, cowabunga!

Ah you evil Norman Viking you!  If I was an Islamist, I would go find your anscestors and turn them into cucumber compost! 

LOL!

Mike Cl

I can trace my direct linage back to revolutionary Maryland, to a landed Colonel in the army.  Too bad the guy was a Tory--lost all his land, but kept his life. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 26, 2017, 07:01:06 PM
I can trace my direct linage back to revolutionary Maryland, to a landed Colonel in the army.  Too bad the guy was a Tory--lost all his land, but kept his life.

Acres for arms and legs.  Good choice.n  ;)

Shiranu

Pfft, peasants. I can trace my lineage all the way back...

Oh, right, Scottish peasants of Clan Murray, Alsatian farmers and Mediterranean (mainly Southern Italian and Greek)... somethings. If I were to make a guess, sailors... just since there is a little Spanish and Levant thrown in there as well. Then something like 10% of my blood is apparently Scandinavian, so some more poor farmers and sailors for good measure.

What I'm trying to say is a long line of either farmers, sailors and warriors... so basically the same as 99% of the rest of the world, except maybe the sailor part. Feels bad being common as fuck, man.

On the bright side... Viking and who knows, Byzantine maybe, heritage. Feels bad ass, man.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on August 26, 2017, 07:28:00 PM

Oh, right, Scottish peasants of Clan Murray, Alsatian farmers and Mediterranean (mainly Southern Italian and Greek)... somethings. If I were to make a guess, sailors... just since there is a little Spanish and Levant thrown in there as well. Then something like 10% of my blood is apparently Scandinavian, so some more poor farmers and sailors for good measure.

What I'm trying to say is a long line of either farmers, sailors and warriors... so basically the same as 99% of the rest of the world, except maybe the sailor part. Feels bad being common as fuck, man.

Welcome to the club.  Here's yer hat...

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on August 26, 2017, 07:28:00 PM

On the bright side... Viking and who knows, Byzantine maybe, heritage. Feels bad ass, man.

So Popeye and Olive Oyl are ancestors, or was that Bluto and Olive Oyl?  Yes, those sailors are gadabouts ;-)  My dad was a sailor, when he was too young to even vote.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin