The Left are Coneheads, and they aren't even from France ...

Started by Baruch, August 22, 2017, 07:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8M2tg2RkIQ

So how do you like today's colleges?  Like the 60s, but with better technology.  And recreational or medical weed, legal in some areas.  Now on to group sex and new strains of STD!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gilgamesh

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 22, 2017, 07:56:15 AM
Colleges? You mean marxist indoctrination camp?

Unchanged ... trapped in a time capsule, put into a new dorm cornerstone, back in 1965 at Berkeley, right?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

QuoteNow on to group sex...

Shit, I'de be happy with just sex sex...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Sorginak

Mike Cl

Quote from: Sorginak on August 22, 2017, 07:39:56 PM
I've always just been happy with my hand.
Yeah, five fingered Mary is hard to beat--so to speak.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 22, 2017, 01:04:39 PM
Unchanged ... trapped in a time capsule, put into a new dorm cornerstone, back in 1965 at Berkeley, right?

Is that like the singing frog from a stone time-capsule?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 26, 2017, 02:40:16 AM
Is that like the singing frog from a stone time-capsule?

You remember!  Yes, we have both seen it, and can't forget it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 26, 2017, 08:24:03 AM
You remember!  Yes, we have both seen it, and can't forget it.

You know why I dislike you sometimes?  We are too similar.

It took me 67 years to realize that my worst nightmare would be to meet myself... 

So, tell us.  Who ARE you (as an individual, no names or such) actually anyway?  You go first, I'll follow...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 26, 2017, 11:23:59 AM
You know why I dislike you sometimes?  We are too similar.

It took me 67 years to realize that my worst nightmare would be to meet myself... 

So, tell us.  Who ARE you (as an individual, no names or such) actually anyway?  You go first, I'll follow...

Read all 15000 posts of mine, in context, starting with my intro post 2.5 years ago ;-))

The philosophy & rhetoric section is appropriate.  And yes, I agree we are similar, yet refreshingly tart (no, not that kind of tart).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Personality Inventory:

1. Compulsive reader; mostly languages, history and religion presently.  Technology and science in the past.
2. Military medical IT contractor.  Previously private sector programmer and government aerospace contractor (electrical).
3. Just short of retirement, divided on when, because i love my work, but I am wearing out.
4. Why do I love my work?  I love the young people (Platonically) I work with.  Technology is ... meh.
5. I like dogs, but love cats ... other animals are cool, but not as pets.
6. Divorced parent with adult daughter (who I get to worry about and support for the rest of my life).
7. Hate politics and politicians ... but OK with government workers and military.  Politics is like sausage making or candy making.  I worked on cleanup crew a short while at Jolly Rancher.  You don't want to know ... at least they didn't make chocolates!  View real politics to be cross between abattoir and GoT.
8. Find human beings worrisome, but indispensable and will err on side of positive outlook.  Curmudgeon is part of my aging profile.
9. Anthropomorphic theist ... but not conventionally.  Heretic mystic who crosses all boundaries.  Leaning Jewish culturally, but Western essentially.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 26, 2017, 03:00:36 PM
Read all 15000 posts of mine, in context, starting with my intro post 2.5 years ago ;-))

The philosophy & rhetoric section is appropriate.  And yes, I agree we are similar, yet refreshingly tart (no, not that kind of tart).

Surely you don't think that ANY of your posts ever say anything about "Baruch" yourself!  That's like trying to see the far side of the moon with a ground-based telescope...

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 26, 2017, 03:17:30 PM
Personality Inventory:

1. Compulsive reader; mostly languages, history and religion presently.  Technology and science in the past.
2. Military medical IT contractor.  Previously private sector programmer and government aerospace contractor (electrical).
3. Just short of retirement, divided on when, because i love my work, but I am wearing out.
4. Why do I love my work?  I love the young people (Platonically) I work with.  Technology is ... meh.
5. I like dogs, but love cats ... other animals are cool, but not as pets.
6. Divorced parent with adult daughter (who I get to worry about and support for the rest of my life).
7. Hate politics and politicians ... but OK with government workers and military.  Politics is like sausage making or candy making.  I worked on cleanup crew a short while at Jolly Rancher.  You don't want to know ... at least they didn't make chocolates!  View real politics to be cross between abattoir and GoT.
8. Find human beings worrisome, but indispensable and will err on side of positive outlook.  Curmudgeon is part of my aging profile.
9. Anthropomorphic theist ... but not conventionally.  Heretic mystic who crosses all boundaries.  Leaning Jewish culturally, but Western essentially.

That's more like it...

My turn.

1.  Compulsive reader, history, science, nature, evolution, archeology, some linguistics,  Have 120 shelf feet of sci fi  also.
2.  Voice Telecommunications manager for a Federal agency for 20 years, retired.   When I retired, they replaced me with 3 full time employees.
3.  I loved my work and busted some problems no one else could.  But I retired the day I was eligible.
4.  Love cats.  Blog about my cats.  Can't imagine not having cats (3 max) around.  Don't like dogs.
5.  Single all my life.  Learned I don't share space well.  And while I think my genenes are gret, there are enough other people in the world.
6.  Hate politicians but love politics in the sense of making things work regardless of idealogy.  My motto would be "If it works, it works".
7.  Utterly dedicated atheist from Boy scout years onward.  Life Member American Atheists since 1986.  It was cheaper that way.
8.  Organic and heirloom gardener.
9.  Rough woodworker. Fence, toolshed, deck...  If I can put a screw into it, that's my project.
10.  Stir fryer and breadmaker. 
11.  Physically a Loner, but driven to communicate.
12.  Short story writer when the mood hits.  It all comes out at once or nothing. 
13.  Real Boy Scout except for the religious part.  Helpful, kind, brave, clean, etc.  Spent 6 weeks in a sleeping bag once.
14.  Learn any skill to basic competence then get bored.  Shelf-full of weird trophies and not for "participation".
15.  Plan to die peacefully...

Baruch

So I have gathered ...

"Spent 6 weeks in a sleeping bag once." ... took that long for the pissed off scouts to let you out of the bag? ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

I spent two weeks living out of a sleeping bag once, too.  It was during my National Guard two weeks training--close to Barstow, CA, which is close to Death Valley.  No, I did not re-up.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?