Atheism view of religious usage. Do they get angst when its mentioned?

Started by Agro, August 21, 2017, 11:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Cavebear on September 04, 2017, 09:41:48 AM
That is not anectodal evidence.  Direct observation. 

Did I say something unintentionally stupid earlier to deserve that? 

It wasn't too you...so yeah...you said sumpin stupid.....heheheheh
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Drew_2017

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 03, 2017, 03:07:21 PM
In writing my original reply on my cell phone, I forgot to address this question. No, I'm not a parent. But simply being a parent does not make one a good source of parenting advice either. If one does not learn from their experience, experience does not become wisdom. Try driving in Houston sometime, and you'll see my point. People with decades of driving experience changing lanes at the very last second to make a turn, driving well over 20 miles per hour over the speed limit, driving mere inches from the car in front of them, showing absolutely no concern for the safety of themselves or anyone else. They're just as dangerous on the road, if not moreso, than new drivers.

Being a parent alone doesn't qualify someone to give parenting advice since clearly some parents have no business being parents. Getting married or parenting a child is (or should be) a life altering experience  and very few people's preconceptions (including my own) are accurate.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

Baruch

Quote from: Drew_2017 on September 04, 2017, 06:30:27 PM
Being a parent alone doesn't qualify someone to give parenting advice since clearly some parents have no business being parents. Getting married or parenting a child is (or should be) a life altering experience  and very few people's preconceptions (including my own) are accurate.

Modesty and my own failures prevent me ... but I haven't been asleep the last 30 years either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on September 04, 2017, 09:58:55 AM
Ah, conversion through stealth...
Any education has to be by stealth. I've mailed books to adult cousins who are "in the closet" on the whole reality thing and they relay to the kids.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: aitm on September 04, 2017, 04:10:39 PM
It wasn't too you...so yeah...you said sumpin stupid.....heheheheh

Then...  Accepted.  Had to happen eventually.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!