News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

You know who's your favorite dog?

Started by Agro, August 21, 2017, 06:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconic Aiur

Hydra009

I love a golden retriever / black lab mix.

Golden retriever
11/10

Black lab
12/10

Golden retriever / Black lab mix
13/10

Unbeliever

I think I just found my favorite dog:

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SGOS

Quote from: Sorginak on August 21, 2017, 09:49:19 AM
Golden Retriever
I love them.  Here's a variation that is quite popular.  I've only petted one, but it has the golden personality, and its hair is as soft as a golden fog.  However, the name, golden doodle, is icky IMO.

Sorginak

Quote from: SGOS on August 22, 2017, 11:58:46 AM
I love them.  Here's a variation that is quite popular.  I've only petted one, but it has the golden personality, and its hair is as soft as a golden fog.  However, the name, golden doodle, is icky IMO.

Yeah, that's a pretty bad name.

Sorginak

Another favorite of mine is the Husky.  It is such a beautiful breed.

Munch

Huskies and Malamutes.

Their just so floff! I've owned a retriever/lab cross myself, and loved him, just would like to own one of these two breeds one day.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

For a long time when I was a kid I wanted a basenji, after watching a really good movie called Goodbye, My Lady. I never did manage to come across one, though. I got over it.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

The smaller a dog is, the better.  Indeed, mouse size would be best.  My cats would take care of those.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 21, 2017, 02:58:36 PM
Mike's always been a very exceptional guy... :raspberries:

I'll take a Tonkinese female cat.  But I do wonder about a male one. 

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2017, 09:15:14 AM
I'll take a Tonkinese female cat.  But I do wonder about a male one.
The Tonk looks like a cat I could easily live with.  I am curious about the bengal cat--have you had one or seen any?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 31, 2017, 09:53:33 AM
The Tonk looks like a cat I could easily live with.  I am curious about the bengal cat--have you had one or seen any?

I know of a couple on the cat blogs.  But they are kind of wild.  You would need a really open house and large yard.

trdsf

A mutt.  We've had purebreds and we've had mutts and the mutts are, in my experience, much better dogs.  The purebreds we had were high-strung, bordering on bitey.

As for me, the best dog I ever had for myself was actually a cat.  He would come when called, speak on command, sit up and beg, and even look chagrined when caught misbehaving.  We even nearly got fetch down, but he'd lose interest halfway back -- but that's more fetch than most cats will do.

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan