News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

White House Bullshit

Started by SGOS, July 28, 2017, 06:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 18, 2017, 09:46:55 PM
Hitler and Stalin didn't actually run to get into power. If there was ever a time a credible third party candidate could have run it would have been the past presidential election.

I wonder how much longer our form of government can last I fear the noble experiment is coming to an end...I underestimated how loathed Trump would be his presidency may hasten its demise.

Yes, for almost 200 years now, the R and D have been nearly the death of us (R used to be Whig).  But the rumors of demise seem to be hyperbolic.  You can't kill something that is a zombie.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on August 18, 2017, 07:55:03 PM
The "Shot heard round the world" was Lexington.   
Oh, uh, yeah - I was just testing y'all!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 18, 2017, 10:22:46 PM
The White House is going to be a lot roomier without all those tiki torches cluttering up the place.
Two huge egos like that just couldn't fit in there! Now there's more bigly room for Chump's.
God Not Found

Sorginak

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 20, 2017, 12:17:48 AM
Oh, uh, yeah - I was just testing y'all!

QuoteThe phrase comes from the opening stanza of Ralph Waldo Emerson's "Concord Hymn" (1837) and refers to the first shot of the American Revolutionary War. According to Emerson's poem, this pivotal shot occurred at the North Bridge in Concord, Massachusetts, where the first British soldiers fell in the battles of Lexington and Concord.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shot_heard_round_the_world

Cavebear

People overestimate the importance of White House "advisors".  They come, they go...

I had never heard of Steve Bannon before he got involved in the Trump campaign, and now that he is out of the White House, most of us might not hear much of him ever again.  As one TV talking head said recently, Sarah Palin is nothing but an annoying blog commentor these days.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Maybe Bannon will run against Chump in 2020...he'll have his own base by then.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 20, 2017, 12:24:25 PM

I would say I hope he tries.  But that's how we got Trump.  Never underestimate the power of voter stupidity...

Hydra009

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/19/steve-bannon-go-nuclear-west-wing-democrats-may-start-tv-network/

QuoteSteve Bannon, the ousted White House chief strategist, is reportedly considering starting a television network which would allow him to "go nuclear" as he settles vendettas with moderate advisers in the White House

QuoteMr Bannon's possible TV network would be intended as a rival to Fox News, the Rupert Murdoch-owned channel which has been supportive of Mr Trump, but which Mr Bannon now regards as too moderate
"Moderate" might be a bit of a stretch here, but it highlights Bannon's degraded mental state.  When you're to the right of Fox News, you've officially gone off the deep end.

QuoteMr Bannon added: "I feel jacked up. I've got my hands back on my weapons. It's Bannon the Barbarian. I am definitely going to crush the opposition. I built a f****** machine at Breitbart. We're about to rev that machine up.”
:rrotflmao:

With friends like these...

Baruch

Fox News has moderate of late.  Too much pussy grabbing.  And Trump doesn't like the competition ;-)

And perhaps Bannon is to the Right of Fox News ... I would expect to.  Fox News represents the Dick Cheney faction of the R party.  Bannon is alt-right ... so perhaps Right-Anarchism rather than Deep State Fuckitude.  Young people today, R and L ... seem closer to anarchism ... but then the hippies of the 60s were anything but organized.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 20, 2017, 12:24:25 PM

Don't worry, Elon Musk, Chelsea Clinton, that Facebook guy ... will be running on the D party side next time.  Losers, all the way down.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 20, 2017, 02:08:12 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/19/steve-bannon-go-nuclear-west-wing-democrats-may-start-tv-network/
"Moderate" might be a bit of a stretch here, but it highlights Bannon's degraded mental state.  When you're to the right of Fox News, you've officially gone off the deep end.
:rrotflmao:

With friends like these...

I could hope he gets JACKED UP!