FOX News Defends Trump's Defense of Nazis/White Supremacists/Bigotry

Started by Shiranu, August 18, 2017, 08:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Both parties have licked the stamps, and walked out the window on the 10th floor, thinking they can fly ;-(

AltChar is short for your neologism.  Must need its own typeface.  Can I offer my version of Kekistani?  All it is ... is English with an odd typeface, written backwards.  It is Bizarro World now.

This is how the MIC crafts the "narrative" now.  Once Cronkite went off the reservation in 1968 ... they had to come up with a new way to implement their Matrix.  So not Newspeak ... Newandimprovedspeak.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on September 08, 2017, 08:16:27 AM
Alternate facts
Alternative news
Fake news
Real news
Alt right
Alt left

What the fuck is going on with the English language?  Does the confusion aided by the meaninglessness of political speak help the situation in any way?  Before you could just despise the left or the media or you neighbor and be done with it, but now they are parsing the enemy into gibberish, giving names that mean the opposite of what the parses often are.  Real News is actually fake.  Fake news means news you don't like, the alternate right is not the right, even if it protests that it is, and alternate facts are still not facts.  If the political strategists, and the Department of New Speak have their way, no one will have a clue what they are talking about, but be able to say it with authority, because all this means absolutely nothing, and is therefore beyond criticism.

I think there is already a word to describe the carefully crafted intention of New Speak.  It's "bullshit."  Not bullshit in the sense that you disagree with it, and not bullshit because it's offensive, although it is, but that it's bullshit because it's just meaningless bullshit intended to hide meaning, ideology, and truth in an Alice in Wonderland environment of insanity.  Back in in the 60s and 70s, we used LSD to achieve this state of mind, but we were stupid idealists back then.  What we didn't realize was that this state of mind is apparently inherent throughout humanity when it's functioning at its best (which is actually not very good at all).  You can literally get "high" on life.  Some deep thinkers back then had already come to understand this.  We thought they were phony charlatans when they said in an uppity tone, "I don't need drugs.  I'm already high on life," but they were really just "alternate" charlatans.

"Alternate" Charlatans.  It just hit me.  We can make it even more confusing by taking all these words that mean nothing or just the opposite of what they say, and put them in scare quotes.  You know "scare" quotes.  And sometimes we could just put "random" words in scare quotes, and see what people do with that.  Some idiots will nod knowingly as if they are agreeing with something, just like we did back in the 70s when we were high on LSD and someone said something incomprehensible.

"Bullshit" works for me...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

fencerider

you forgot "pool spray". That's the new fangled word for when the White House talks to the press but doesn't take questions.

the difference between a politician and a corrupt politician is that one just won the election and the other lost the re-election ;-)

I heard that if you give some bullshit to a republican and say its from a republican source they will accept it as truth, but if you give the same bullshit to the same person and say it came from a democrat they will automatically say you're lying. same thing happens if you give some bullshit to a democrat

What's the difference between a dead skunk and a dead lawyer layin in the road? - the skunk is down for good, but the lawyer will rise again
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on September 11, 2017, 04:53:58 AM
you forgot "pool spray". That's the new fangled word for when the White House talks to the press but doesn't take questions.

the difference between a politician and a corrupt politician is that one just won the election and the other lost the re-election ;-)

I heard that if you give some bullshit to a republican and say its from a republican source they will accept it as truth, but if you give the same bullshit to the same person and say it came from a democrat they will automatically say you're lying. same thing happens if you give some bullshit to a democrat

What's the difference between a dead skunk and a dead lawyer layin in the road? - the skunk is down for good, but the lawyer will rise again

Or, a scavenger will eat a skunk but not a lawyer.  Professional courtesy...

SGOS

Quote from: fencerider on September 11, 2017, 04:53:58 AM

There must be a government agency that thinks up snappy sayings that describe politics cleverly, so as to distract us from the horror of what is actually happening.

"We have a cleaner that comes to the house once a week."
"Now isn't that lovely, a lady to keep the house nice and tidy."
"No, it's not a lady.  It's a guy my husband has on the payroll to clean up loose ends."
"Loose ends?  You mean like left over sewing threads, and scraps of material?"
"No, just people tied to chairs that accidently saw what was going on in our house.  UPS, pizza delivery, and things like that."

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on September 11, 2017, 07:44:51 AM
There must be a government agency that thinks up snappy sayings that describe politics cleverly, so as to distract us from the horror of what is actually happening.

"We have a cleaner that comes to the house once a week."
"Now isn't that lovely, a lady to keep the house nice and tidy."
"No, it's not a lady.  It's a guy my husband has on the payroll to clean up loose ends."
"Loose ends?  You mean like left over sewing threads, and scraps of material?"
"No, just people tied to chairs that accidently saw what was going on in our house.  UPS, pizza delivery, and things like that."