FOX News Defends Trump's Defense of Nazis/White Supremacists/Bigotry

Started by Shiranu, August 18, 2017, 08:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 21, 2017, 11:20:03 PM
I think there was more than mere incompetence at work, I think there was a coup - just part of the vast right-wing conspiracy.

American Revolution ... vast Girondin conspiracy.  Destroy revolutionaries!  The last 300 years have sucked for law and order.

See, when you get down to this, desire to maintain or gain power, means we must become murderers ... because humans won't see the reason of ... self preservation.  Give me my MTV, or die, KKK scum!  Greed and politics leads to ... annihilation.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: randomvim on August 21, 2017, 10:39:17 PM1. you dont know me. how I think. etc. asserting some stereotype is a fallacy. you can not begin to tell me how I think.

Doesn't matter. I've had enough experience with people like you to know you operate in a hive mind where facts don't matter, and opinions are fed to you via other Christians who say what you like to hear. You claim logic when logic is nowhere to be found in your posts.

Quote from: randomvim on August 21, 2017, 10:39:17 PM2. I know of scientology. much like the faith of Aztecs, it is a religion. does it cause damage to those who follow it or others? that answer does not determine what a religion is. Do I like it or agree with it? again a question that should not influence how that sect should be looked at.

Define "cult."
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Drew_2017

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 21, 2017, 11:20:03 PM
I think there was more than mere incompetence at work, I think there was a coup - just part of the vast right-wing conspiracy.

Rut roh, I think he's on to us. Baruch warm up the black helicopters we may have to take some people out.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

aitm

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 20, 2017, 04:23:41 PM
It was founded by white slave owners ...

Who used the bible as their foundation for the use of slaves. Let's start with tossing that piece of garbage out, then we can get back to skin color.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 22, 2017, 12:23:32 PM
Rut roh, I think he's on to us. Baruch warm up the black helicopters we may have to take some people out.

All of politics is conspiracy against the citizens ... always has been.  True for Washington et al, if you have your eyes open.  It matters however, which street gang you belong to.  Give the wrong "sign" and they are likely to kill you, if you are in their territory.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on August 22, 2017, 12:53:45 PM
Who used the bible as their foundation for the use of slaves. Let's start with tossing that piece of garbage out, then we can get back to skin color.

Always been slaves, always will be.  But most slaves can't deal with the reality of it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Drew_2017

Quote from: aitm on August 22, 2017, 12:53:45 PM

The abolitionists also used the bible as a foundation to ban slavery...and ultimately to support woman's rights. 
Albert Einstein

Hakurei Reimu

^ In short, you can use the Bible to support any position you want. Ergo, it has no intrinsic worth.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 22, 2017, 06:43:57 PM

The abolitionists also used the bible as a foundation to ban slavery...and ultimately to support woman's rights.
Which is simply another demonstration at how empty the babble really is.  You can literally prove what you want to--the bible actually does not teach morals or ethics.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

randomvim

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 22, 2017, 12:03:01 AM
And you believe that?  Wow.

Also, appeal to tradition.  You're really cranking out the fallacies in this hole you're digging.
As I recall, you called it a cult.  What's the difference between a cult and a religion, btw?  (Spoiler: it's mostly a function of size and money/influence)
The church-state equivalent of "first dibs"?  And this is logic to you?  Wow again.
1. I see you provide no counter. but do you believe isil is not destroying historical artifacts that todays generations could learn from?

otherwise there is no appeal to tradition when I think some things poses not just a historical importance but may present a lesson for todays generation. If you dont believe that, fine. be able to present a proper counter.

3. First dibs has nothing to do with who or how a group of people influenced what. My local community has a rich buddist history and are very involved with govt. activities. Inter- faith activities do well in my community because of such openess and togetherness. we learn from each other.

Again. dibs is not what I spoke of.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

randomvim

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 22, 2017, 10:04:16 AM
Doesn't matter. I've had enough experience with people like you to know you operate in a hive mind where facts don't matter, and opinions are fed to you via other Christians who say what you like to hear. You claim logic when logic is nowhere to be found in your posts.

Define "cult."
1. "doesnt matter." refraining from fallacy doesnt matter to you but you try to say I have an issue with logic? har har har.

You have had zero experience with anyone like me. Your response suggests it. so move on.

2. define?
small group or groups that have misplaced or excessive admiration for (in comparison to populace) with questionable intent or practice.

Mike Cl

Quote from: randomvim on August 22, 2017, 08:02:20 PM

2. define?
small group or groups that have misplaced or excessive admiration for (in comparison to populace) with questionable intent or practice.

How does that not make methodists or baptists or any other sect of christanity  a cult?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Drew_2017

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 22, 2017, 06:59:44 PM
Which is simply another demonstration at how empty the babble really is.  You can literally prove what you want to--the bible actually does not teach morals or ethics.

Yet it seems like those who detest Christians or Jews hold them up to a very high standard of moral and ethical behavior. Everyone knows the golden rule and that Christians subscribe to that belief. Just about everyone is familiar with the Sermon on the MT, a very high call to ethical behavior. Two problems I observe with bible believers is they don't live up to the standard much better than anyone else, yet they often scold others for failing to live by a standard they often fail at. 

Albert Einstein

Sylar

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 21, 2017, 11:45:58 AM
I'm not ashamed of our history, but there's a right way and a wrong way to do it. Displaying Confederate flags in a museum about the Civil War? That's fine. Displaying the flag in your front lawn? Not fine.

Displaying Confederate flag on front lawn is also fine. That's private property. I do not care what someone chooses to display on their private property.

Displaying Confederate flag on public property? That's where the problem lies.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Sylar

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 20, 2017, 04:23:41 PM
It was founded by white slave owners who by definition must have been white supremacists. The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution are white supremacist documents that must be destroyed along with the statues. In fact we should take down statues of any white person its racist not to.

The Founders did not rebel against the United States, and they did not fight a war for the right to own other human beings as property.

When a monument is dedicated to the Founders, it is not celebrating slavery. It is celebrating the birth of a New Nation. That is a profound difference, don't you think?

Furthermore, most of these Confederate monuments were erected during Jim Crow Laws era, as a method of subjugation and oppression against blacks and other minorities. They served as a reminder to freed slaves and their children that they are second class citizens in an era of segregation.

I personally have no problem with Confederate cemeteries or some select Confederate Civil War-era monuments/statues, but all these 20th century monuments need to be moved into Civil War museums. Celebration of slavery in the twenty-first century is an abomination and has no place in our society.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde